Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is the Astral Realm?

Guyver

How do you define it?

Do you have any experience with it? 

Do you distinguish astral projection from lucid dreaming?

Do you believe that the astral realm can make physical manifestation in this realm?

Do you believe that the astral realm is where people go when they die? Do you think exploring these questions is the practice of New Age Religion?  Those are my questions about it, and I’d like to hear your opinions.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Guyver said:

How do you define it?

It is a subtle plane of nature composed of matter in dimensions beyond our familiar three and at vibratory rates beyond detection by the physical senses and instruments.

Astral projection is experiencing through the astral body when separated from the physical body. Lucid dreaming is when you know you are dreaming and take control of the dream. I think all dreaming creates images on the astral plane.

Do you believe that the astral realm can make physical manifestation in this realm?

Not directly. To manifest on the physical plane the process of materialization is required. 

Do you believe that the astral realm is where people go when they die? 

Yes, at physical death I believe the astral body permanently separates from the physical body and experiences on the astral plane.

Do you think exploring these questions is the practice of New Age Religion?  

New Age religions are about more than exploring the astral plane.

• Like 4

I’m studying the work of Robert Monroe for this thread....I’m a fan of this guy.  There’s a lot there but even just going with his first book and the first quarter of the second I’ve made it through at this point, it is fascinating.  I also appreciate YouTube, what a resource.  Watching the interviews with him and listening to his manner of speech - it really helps me hear his voice in his writing.

Also, there’s plenty of other information on the topic there.  I don’t have a firm position at this point...but I’m fairly confident that the phenomenon  is real.  

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Guyver said:

I’m studying the work of Robert Monroe for this thread....I’m a fan of this guy.  There’s a lot there but even just going with his first book and the first quarter of the second I’ve made it through at this point, it is fascinating.  I also appreciate YouTube, what a resource.  Watching the interviews with him and listening to his manner of speech - it really helps me hear his voice in his writing.

Also, there’s plenty of other information on the topic there.  I don’t have a firm position at this point...but I’m fairly confident that the phenomenon  is real.  

He's a fascinating dude to study for sure. The only problem with his work is that it's really no different than any other Near-Death Experience or something of that nature. There are alternative explanations.

Is he right? Is he wrong? I don't know. I'll just keep him in mind as a possibility.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Guyver said:

His research about sounds affecting higher consciousness is nothing new to any shaman. Some use drums (my people use water drums). Some use rattles. Some use chants. Mongolian shaman use a type of violin.  I forgo the water drum and just use evil music.

As for the "Astral Plane". In my opinion it's just things you can't see in this plane. Part of it, yet invisible. 

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Guyver said:

How do you define it?

Not here, not seen, an interface between our consciousness and Other consciousness

Do you have any experience with it? 

It is where I do purposeful meditation, or deliberate contact with other spirits.

Oh yes, I am fully awake and meditating when it do this, versus asleep.

MMM, this is a bigger question than it seems at first. After thinking about it a few minutes I have to say yes, I suppose the answer is yes, they can.

Do you believe that the astral realm is where people go when they die? Do you think exploring these questions is the practice of New Age Religion?  Those are my questions about it, and I’d like to hear your opinions.

No. It is an interface. They go further beyond that is the best I can explain. For me how I perceive it is an overlap for interfacing. I can leave it for here and they can leave it for where they go the rest of the time. New Age doesn't own it, this has been there for ages and is the grounds familiar to shamans from every culture's roots.

My replies in bold above. Not as if there is a class on the topic, I told you how it looks, works and seems to me as someone pretty familiar with working in it, though I did it a lot more in earlier years. Hope it helps. I like Piney's reply also. A good didgeridoo can make it a lot of fun to journey with :)

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

It is where I do purposeful meditation, or deliberate contact with other spirits.

I can't tell you how interested in your experiences I am.  If you feel inclined to share, I have many questions I'd like to ask.  I watched this one guys testimony about his first experience with it.  So, he explains how to do it, how it happened, etc.  and he said that he first moved his hand out.  Then after some experimentation, he got both hands I think it was, then his head.  When he got his head out there was some kind of creepy entity right next to his face making weird faces at him.  It scared the sheet out of him and he went right back in.  These "other beings" - especially the creepy kind....I'd love to hear your experience with those. 

I hope you don't mind me dumping all these questions on you.  So, I'm sure it's common that people are afraid the first time they do this.....but.....I've heard testimony about encounters with the opposite kind of beings.  In fact, Robert Monroe goes into detail about "non-physical" people or entities that he's made friends with and they are fantastic type beings that I would say are like angels......and another friend of mine described them as "shimmering beings of light."

Are any of these things common to your experience?

@Not A Rockstar  You said it in the words I couldn't find. A overlap for interfacing. 

I forgot about the didgeridoo. :tu:.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Aquila King said:

He's a fascinating dude to study for sure. The only problem with his work is that it's really no different than any other Near-Death Experience or something of that nature. There are alternative explanations.

Is he right? Is he wrong? I don't know. I'll just keep him in mind as a possibility.

I was thinking of that.......and the other possiblities are equally mind blowing.  For example, if this phenomenon is only occurring within the mind of the person, then we are much more than we think we are intellectually.  We would have the ability to create entire universes within our thoughts.....the kind of universes that can be experienced in that state, as our universe is experienced in this one.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Guyver said:

In fact, Robert Monroe goes into detail about "non-physical" people or entities that he's made friends with and they are fantastic type beings that I would say are like angels......and another friend of mine described them as "shimmering beings of light."

They appear as you want to see them. It depends on the person.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We would be like gods if this thing is only in our heads.  

• Like 3

Just now, Piney said:

They appear as you want to see them. It depends on the person.  

Fascinating.  Are you saying that people want to see creepy, scary, belligerent being that seem evil?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Guyver said:

Fascinating.  Are you saying that people want to see creepy, scary, belligerent being that seem evil?

That's the only type I deal with. I either make them "go away" for others or send them on "errands" for myself. The "Quick Ones" aren't evil. Just ornery. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Guyver said:

We would be like gods if this thing is only in our heads.  

That's where I point to numerous different cases that are incredibly difficult to explain by way of "It's all in your head."

I'd like to know the evolutionary reason for why our brains would possess such godlike power in such mental states, yet in everyday life our conscious experience is comparable to the Walking Dead.

The world and universe is just so big, that I'm like merely a gerbil trying to comprehend the vast complexities of the multiverse. It's just beyond my current ability to perceive.

• Like 7

Like I said, I’m no expert and my research is priliminary, but I am seeing a lot of common threads with certain religious ideas.  And this goes back a long time, like religions do.  To be honest, listening to Monroe’s interviews is really enlightening to me in this regard, and it kind of makes sense to me how these things tie together.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Guyver said:

I can't tell you how interested in your experiences I am.  If you feel inclined to share, I have many questions I'd like to ask.  I watched this one guys testimony about his first experience with it.  So, he explains how to do it, how it happened, etc.  and he said that he first moved his hand out.  Then after some experimentation, he got both hands I think it was, then his head.  When he got his head out there was some kind of creepy entity right next to his face making weird faces at him.  It scared the sheet out of him and he went right back in.  These "other beings" - especially the creepy kind....I'd love to hear your experience with those. 

I do not tolerate weird in my home nor over there. I do not run into that sort of thing there. Perhaps they are a form of astral mind monkeys, or doing their job to keep the unready out. I have done this a long time, and have worked seriously on my shadow work on myself. Maybe that has helped. 

I hope you don't mind me dumping all these questions on you.  So, I'm sure it's common that people are afraid the first time they do this.....but.....I've heard testimony about encounters with the opposite kind of beings.  In fact, Robert Monroe goes into detail about "non-physical" people or entities that he's made friends with and they are fantastic type beings that I would say are like angels......and another friend of mine described them as "shimmering beings of light."

Here is food for thought for you, guyver. Over there reflects an awful lot about you. In fact, if "over there" is really inside you, you will be running right into your own gremlins... just saying. It sort of protects itself in that the really messed up will be so long wrestling with themselves and inventing theology and ideas and rules about how it is, they will never get too far :) 

I have a great many friends over there, yes. I could write a book or two about it. 

To a degree I will talk in a public forum like this but there are too many who will get hurt with a small bit of information.

My inbox is open to my friends all the time, but, you are asking about matters which take years to really grasp. It is a matter of getting started and learning your way around and finding out what is true for you, I think. Sometimes, the more facts you have from others makes it a lot harder, really.   

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Guyver said:

I was thinking of that.......and the other possiblities are equally mind blowing.  For example, if this phenomenon is only occurring within the mind of the person, then we are much more than we think we are intellectually.  We would have the ability to create entire universes within our thoughts.....the kind of universes that can be experienced in that state, as our universe is experienced in this one.  

you almost have it, right here, Guyver. Read this over and over until you grasp what you really said.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's all in our head and people are just using their imaginations. It's nothing magical, mystical, or woo. It doesn't mean that it's some grand spiritual garbage either.

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

It's all in our head and people are just using their imaginations. It's nothing magical, mystical, or woo. It doesn't mean that it's some grand spiritual garbage either.

Since no one knows all that exists in all of reality, no one can say with infallible authority what exists and what doesn't.  Even if we take something out of fantasy like unicorns and dragons, for instance, we don't know that those type of creatures don't exist in the trillions of other planets in the universe since we haven't even been to any others besides our own.  Furthermore, string theory in physics suggest that there may be many dimensions, which if true may suggest other planes or levels of reality that we don't understand yet. These other levels of reality could contain creatures or beings that we can't even imagine, even unicorns and dragons. There could be alternate Earths where unicorns and dragons do exist. Lol, just take a look at Rick and Morty. Every conceivable reality that ever could exist might possibly exist, thereby allowing for a reality where people do survive physical death, whereas the rest do not.

Don't worry, I'm done arguing that such realities absolutely do exist. You may be totally right and it all just happens to be in our head. Hell if I know. Just pointing out how much we really don't know as a species is all.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Look, I honestly don't care for the most part. I guess I was never delusional enough to completely believe in this crap. That or I've become so jaded that literally nothing matters to me and there is zero "magic" in life. Right Now I'm just limping along till I'm dead. So folk go find some kind of meaning in life that you can and get "drunk" off it. We'll all be dead one day and none of this will matter, period!

Believe whatever you want, but for me the magic has died. 

11 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Look, I honestly don't care for the most part. I guess I was never delusional enough to completely believe in this crap. That or I've become so jaded that literally nothing matters to me and there is zero "magic" in life. Right Now I'm just limping along till I'm dead. So folk go find some kind of meaning in life that you can and get "drunk" off it. We'll all be dead one day and none of this will matter, period!

Believe whatever you want, but for me the magic has died. 

I don't really care too much either Xeno. I've racked my brain on this stuff for years, and gotten no more closer to the truth then I was in the beginning. So at the end of the day I don't know. And since I really wouldn't live any differently either way (and will most likely never know so long as I'm alive) I don't really care.

We're more alike now then ever before Xeno.

All I'm saying is that none of us truly knows, and I've found peace with not knowing. I think more people overall would be at peace by simply admitting the same. Though if not believing in anything 'spiritual' helps you dude, then more power to ya. Again, I don't really care. So long as you're happy with it, that's all I care about.

• Like 3

That's just it. I don't remember the last time anything has made me happy. I'm incapable of believing in anything anymore. Don't be me, never let yourself get to my level. Even if it requires you to "fake it to you make it" in terms of believing in something. Even if its just believing in yourself. 

• Like 3

It’s easy to be skeptical when one hasn’t experienced a thing, and in this case, I haven’t.  And I even know a guy who has experienced it and he himself is undecided.  He does admit that the experience feels real, just like reality feels real.  I’m not sure that I’m ready for the experience myself or if I even have the ability...

But I have had enough experiences that defy the ordinary to be open to the possibilities.

• Like 2

I had spent over 20 years of my life dedicated fully to occult practices. It was a mistake, a waste of time, and didn't add any real value to my meaningless existence. The only thing it taught me is that we are adept at fooling ourselves.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1