Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man on UK train spots Bigfoot

Black Monk

train passenger claims he saw a Bigfoot-like creature walking in a field while on a train from Exeter to Bristol.

The eye-witness said he was on a train to Bristol Temple Meads, which was approaching the city on a Friday morning in November last year, when he saw a massive creature taking huge strides along a hedgerow.

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/man-train-exeter-100-sure-1552070

• Like 3

I believe that Bigfoot exists, but for no particular reason. :lol:

Reports like this one... sway me towards either an interdimensional or tulpa explanation.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, acute said:

I believe that Bigfoot exists, but for no particular reason. :lol:

Reports like this one... sway me towards either an interdimensional or tulpa explanation.

Course it exists. People have seen it.

My guess is he saw a farmer.  Or a local taking their dog for a walk.  Or maybe a scarecrow out for a surreptious stroll before lunch?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Essan said:

My guess is he saw a farmer.  Or a local taking their dog for a walk.  Or maybe a scarecrow out for a surreptious stroll before lunch?

“Then, about two minutes later, after viewing this figure I saw a couple walking a collie dog in a field, roughly the same distance that I’d seen the black figure.

“They were to the side of the hedge line. I was gobsmacked to see that I could hardly make them out, I mean, I knew they were humans walking with the dog but I couldn’t really see what they were wearing apart from the brightly coloured coats.

“And it dawned on me that they were probably of average size male and female, although what I had seen five minutes earlier was clearly not. It was an all-black figure in a field, it was huge.

“I could see the black figured arms and legs and chest, compared to the two humans I had just seen walking the dog.

“At the point of seeing the black figure I realise the tree line behind it was probably around 200 m away and had a thick dense forest behind it. I have no proof whatsoever to show you, only my word.

“I’m 100 per cent sure what I saw was the English Bigfoot - and what makes me so confident is the way it walked, with slightly bent legs, long strides but a graceful fluid walking motion,” he added.

Edited by Black Monk

Wild Somerset Scarecrows can be quite tall ;)  

• Haha 3

A bit too much Scrumpy maybe....

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Essan said:

Wild Somerset Scarecrows can be quite tall ;)  

Now you're just clutching at straws :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, fred_mc said:

Probably an American Bigfoot on vacation in England ;-) .

What a PREPOSTEROUS concept. 

I mean... how would it get a visa ? :P 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sightings like these really hurt the chances of bigfoot being real.   Odds of a creature of this size surviving in the UK without leaving any physical evidence are so slim that it is hardly worth considering.  One can only conclude that eye witness sightings are not reliable.  

• Like 1

Bigfoot really gets around.

7 hours ago, Black Monk said:

Course it exists. People have seen it.

F6C1D52B-E5B4-4AE9-9A36-9B092DD8C484.jpeg

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, Myles said:

Sightings like these really hurt the chances of bigfoot being real.   Odds of a creature of this size surviving in the UK without leaving any physical evidence are so slim that it is hardly worth considering.  One can only conclude that eye witness sightings are not reliable.  

How do you know that? Are you a naturalist or Bigfoot expert?

Cannock Chase in Staffordshire is an area where Bigfoot has been spotted many times.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/bigfoot-sighting-on-cannock-chase-234257

Sightings of wild men or "woodwose" go back to Anglo-Saxon times.

Edited by Black Monk
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Black Monk said:

How do you know that? Are you a naturalist or Bigfoot expert?

Cannock Chase in Staffordshire is an area where Bigfoot has been spotted many times.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/bigfoot-sighting-on-cannock-chase-234257

Sightings of wild men or "woodwose" go back to Anglo-Saxon times.

Hmm.... so your evidence is two drunken teenagers ? And that was ONE sighting, not "many times". 

Sadly, I'm not entirely convinced by this ? :) 

• Like 1

So, Britfoot/Saxquatch exists! There must, therefore, be a viable population of them. Where? What size? 

Researches claim that the minimum viable population for primates is in the thousands. For humans it about 5000.

Where are all these Saxquatches? What do they eat? Where do they live? Why do we not find any evidence or traces of them? No evidence of feeding, no bodies, no poo, etc. There are no wildernesses in SW England large enough to conceal a viable thriving population of Saxquatches.

Was the guy spotted from the train lost? On pilgrimage? On holiday? Or was he just visiting a mate in Bristol?

Edited by Ozymandias

Sounds like big foot has a new hobby... train spotting. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jon the frog said:

In England ? One of the last place I could think to find a huge unknown mammals species...

But this was the Somerset Levels - and area of reclaimed marshland, beset by sunny weather and occasional showers.  There are places that are more than half a mile from a public road, where no man has trod in days ...... Who knows what may live in such a remote place?    Alongside the scarecrows.   :o

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

somerset-floods.39.38%20AM.png

1 hour ago, Jon the frog said:

In England ? One of the last place I could think to find a huge unknown mammals species...

You've not ventured into some of the bars in my town centre.

Remember the Cantina bar on Tatooine in Star Wars?      It's like that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Stiff said:

You've not ventured into some of the bars in my town centre.

Remember the Cantina bar on Tatooine in Star Wars?      It's like that.

So many memories of that joke as a younger man out on the tiles. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

So, Britfoot/Saxquatch exists! There must, therefore, be a viable population of them. Where? What size? 

Researches claim that the minimum viable population for primates is in the thousands. For humans it about 5000.

Where are all these Saxquatches? What do they eat? Where do they live? Why do we not find any evidence or traces of them? No evidence of feeding, no bodies, no poo, etc. There are no wildernesses in SW England large enough to conceal a viable thriving population of Saxquatches.

Was the guy spotted from the train lost? On pilgrimage? On holiday? Or was he just visiting a mate in Bristol?

There's the Forest of Dean, my ex wife was from there I went to her brother's wedding there. I daren't close my eyes for a month after that trip. 

• Haha 2