Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Permission To Change Diaper?

susieice

Just now, Aquila King said:

That's right, my bad. I forgot that was cleared up later on.

Although regardless, Fox sure latched onto and ran with it like a b**** in heat.

I'm sure CNN is in this too.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

"Hey Baby, can I change your diaper?"

*smiles*

baby thinks : *let's have a suckle* [ eyes widen ]

~

• Like 2

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

I find it funny that people debate this ****.

Ikr? This thread is as entertaining as some random one-post-wonder thread who sees dragons in his back yard.

I wonder what would happen if everyone turned off their tv's and never went to a news site for a whole month?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, susieice said:

I'm sure CNN is in this too.

CNN came out with the same article? That'd be hilarious if they did.

1 minute ago, third_eye said:

baby thinks : *let's have a suckle* [ eyes widen ]

~

That's hunger, not sexual third_eye. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Ikr? This thread is as entertaining as some random one-post-wonder thread who sees dragons in his back yard.

This is better and it's an actual event, crazy as it may be.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Here's the thing. I'm a father. Baby cries you figure out what's wrong. If it stinks or its soggy, you change the diaper. When the kid is old enough to potty train, you teach them what to do. When you feel confidence you get them go solo. Constantly reminding them of what to do. Its not complicated. 

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I wonder what would happen if everyone turned off their tv's and never went to a news site for a whole month?

We'd probably faint when we heard all that was going on while we were on respite.

2 minutes ago, susieice said:

A doctor will give you a physical. When you are underage, he must have someone in the room with you, be it a parent or a nurse. At your age, it's usually a parent. The exam should be physical, not sexual in nature. That's what got the US Gymnastics doctor locked up for life. Believe me. Doctors and nurses see a lot of people of all ages and they don't even think about it anymore. They will try to ease any anxiety a patient may feel.

The doctor is asking my permission. He's going to do it anyway. But he's asking my permission first. 

Is that respectful, or sexual? 

Because to me, asking permission first is not innately sexual. 

It''s just asking permission first.

If I walk up to my niece and ask her if I can give her a hug, am I being respectful to her own privacy, or are we dealing with some sort of creepy desire here? 
 My youngest nephew can run around, but can't exactly talk yet. 

I go up to him and ask him for a hug and he runs away like he does. 

Amd I establishing where his comfort levels are, or making some judgement about sexuality?

Because in general, when we ask a person's permission, it's not innately sexual unless we're actively seeking sexual acts. 

Asking for permission is not innately sexual or sexualizing. 

And actually going through what I can find of this stuff online for this person, it looks like this is part of training to help to deal with the kids when they do become sexual. 

But I don't know. We have a 30 second sounbite and it's sort of flooded the net at the moment. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

THIS:

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Here's the thing. I'm a father. Baby cries you figure out what's wrong. If it stinks or its soggy, you change the diaper. When the kid is old enough to potty train, you teach them what to do. When you feel confidence you get them go solo. Constantly reminding them of what to do. Its not complicated. 

There seems to be a need to throw sex education in there now.

That's hunger, not sexual third_eye. 

I know ... it reminded me of the joke about the jealous brother and his new born baby little brother, long story short, the devious little devil poisoned mom's nipple and the next day, dad was no more ...

:D

~

• Haha 2

We'd probably faint when we heard all that was going on while we were on respite.

I'm pretty much a high functional depressive. A day without news is a good day. 

• Like 1

Just now, susieice said:

Yeahp. 

Hey, if you're a boy, you have a penis. If you're a girl, you have a vagina. 
 Don't let other people touch them. 

Christ, is it that rare that people see animals having sex these days that they think kids can't handle it? 

Less than a century ago people lived in one room houses. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I find it funny that people debate this ****.

I'm on week two of unemployment. I'm that bored you get when you suddenly have hours open and nothing to fill it with, even after you've accomplished everything needed doing. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, susieice said:

Isn't that tossed into everything now? 

If I'm hungry and I want to eat a taco. Does that make me sexist? (I think 3rd eye will get that)

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

Yeahp. 

Hey, if you're a boy, you have a penis. If you're a girl, you have a vagina. 
 Don't let other people touch them. 

Christ, is it that rare that people see animals having sex these days that they think kids can't handle it? 

Less than a century ago people lived in one room houses. 

Less than a century ago people got married when they were 12. 

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

If I'm hungry and I want to eat a taco. Does that make me sexist? (I think 3rd eye will get that)

1220732fd378da1b63b54c98a27e6942a92987dd

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

I'm on week two of unemployment. I'm that bored you get when you suddenly have hours open and nothing to fill it with, even after you've accomplished everything needed doing. 

Half the stuff I "debate and discuss" on this forum is the result of me being bored. 

• Like 2

I work in a nursing home care facility.  I always ask for permission before changing a diaper, it's a matter of respect and decency.

However, would I ask a baby? I don't think so.

• Like 1

Just now, Brother_Spirit said:

I work in a nursing home care facility.  I always ask for permission before changing a diaper, it's a matter of respect and decency.

However, would I ask a baby? I don't think so.

I've done nursing for over 20 yrs and yes, you tell the resident what you are going to do and see if they say it's ok. If they say no, try getting someone else to see if they let them. Some residents are female care only. If they are combative, you could have problems.

• Like 2

Just now, susieice said:

Less than a century ago people got married when they were 12. 

Not really. Girls got married off to men at that age. 

But depending on their health, people start puberty as early as 8. Earlier in some instances. 

They also worked the farm, which many people still do. And have on hand knowledge of how reproduction works. 

You can try covering it up around kids. Maybe don't mention that's a boy cow. It could make milking awkward, of course. 

People were able to handle that sort of experience then. And worse. 

I don't think we do kids favors by babying them.

Do you need to give them a detailed break down of the kama sutra and a box of condoms in grape flavor? Nah. 

But stuff they're going to figure out by themselves? Yeahp. 

Parents should handle it first, and be ready to handle it first, before the world has a chance. 

• Like 1

• The topic was locked