Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
CloudSix

Curiosity in experience

CloudSix

Hello, here is my story. 

My girlfriend all her life felt different, the "usual" not belonging to this world and a curious interiorized insight that there is something much more beyond this experience. She saw spirits when she was a child and is empathic on a really high level, If level is the appropriate word. Sometimes she gets semi-premonitions where she knows something bad happened, not knowing where or how. But 2 nights ago she experienced something like never before. We were walking on a bridge around midnight heading to our flat, engaged in some talks about changes,  life, meanings and intepretations and similar topics that can lead to profound discussions. As we were getting down from the bridge via a set of stone steps she began feeling something. She walked very nervously and she shut me out entirely. I couldnt stop her from walking and her hands were shut tight as we continued walking. I didnt know what to do so we kept walking with me leading the way and she walking beside me in complete silence, with only her face changing as if her head is occupied with a thousand thoughts. After a couple of minutes I got worried and scared so I started singing our favourite song, hoping to soothe her somehow. And then finally after a while she said lets stop and sit, she took out her cigarettes and we sat. Afterwards she told me that while we were getting off thr bridge she felt a gust of air through her entire body and she felt a door opened. Some kind of a door, that have never been opened before. And that her mind was in a different place than her body but she was aware of that but she couldnt get back. She also had a feeling of complete and utter despair and hoplessnes, as if this world and our all experiences are futile. That there is something unimaginable beyond this. 

I truly believe her and I would like to hear your thoughts, insights and suggestions as what is to be done, any kind of advice is welcome. 

I think it's worth noting that has been known to suffer from anxiety and panic attacks, but she swears that this was not the case. That this was something completely different and that she has a feeling that it, in a way, it wouldn't have happened to her if I wasnt there.

Her mother has had a similar, one time experience and they are very alike in all the matters I've mentioned in the beginning.

Thank you for your attention and with kind regards,

Boris

• Like 1

ouija ouija

Hi Boris. I'm guessing that she is in her teens/early twenties, and if so, this is a time when some people receive massive insights into the reality that is behind(beyond?), our 'everyday' reality. These insights can be very, very powerful and therefore frightening and shocking. Having experienced this once, it is likely that she will have more similar experiences. You sound like a sensitive guy, all you can do is be there with her and let her 'ride' them, process the experience but not dwell on it too much. She may want to keep the experiences to herself, in fact, may be unable to put into words what she has seen ....... don't press her.

She sounds like a very sensitive person and will have to learn to live with these experiences without them taking over her life. Good Luck!

• Thanks 1

CloudSix
30 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

This is a very helpful leaflet and I will be sure to discuss this with her. It's just that all these symptoms are really far away from her, from what I think I know about her. And this has been one of the happiest and peaceful periods of her life, where I can't identify a trigger of some sorts, that could explain the beginning of a mood disorder. Not even sure they need a trigger or what kind of a trigger it could be.

Thank you for responding.

Edited by CloudSix

XenoFish

The thing that set me off is her seeing ghost. Sometimes that's just a product of an overactive imagination. Empathy is a normal human function, so there's nothing psychic about it. Not saying she has any issues but, always err on the side of caution. Could even be anxiety. 

CloudSix
12 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

The thing that set me off is her seeing ghost. Sometimes that's just a product of an overactive imagination. Empathy is a normal human function, so there's nothing psychic about it. Not saying she has any issues but, always err on the side of caution. Could even be anxiety. 

It was a one time thing, 10 years ago on the eve of her grandfathers death. She saw him while going to the toilet and he hugged her, said goodnight and she returned to bed. But he passed away shortly before that, which she was later told. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

XenoFish
Just now, CloudSix said:

It was a one time thing, 10 years ago on the eve of her grandfathers death. She saw him while going to the toilet and he hugged her, said goodnight and she returned to bed. But he passed away shortly before that, which she was later told. 

Okay this I can understand. It was probably grief induced. I had a similar thing occur after my grandfathers death. It's the minds way of letting go or coping. 

• Like 1