Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Malaysia Airlines pilot 'planned MH370 crash'

Still Waters

The man who initiated the Australian hunt for missing aircraft Malaysian Airline flight MH370 says the search operation is "no longer necessary" in solving the mystery.

In an exclusive interview with 60 Minutes reporter Tara Brown, Martin Dolan, former head of the Australian Transport Safety Bureau, says the likelihood of finding the ill-fated airplane is very low and the wreckage is no longer needed to understand the aircraft’s final hours.

"The data we have already means that we can form a view, broadly speaking, about what happened to reduce the likelihood of recurrence. That could be done now."

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2018/05/13/21/09/mh370-aviation-expert-declares-not-necessary-to-continue-search-for-missing-plane

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

If the plane wings didn't brake up when crashing, i don't know wow far it would glide while sinking down slowly. The search is quite an hard one to pull off.

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 2

What evidence do they have for their libels? Absolutely none at all, except that they're a couple of rent-an-"experts" who TV channels go to when they want a rent-a-quote. 

And what is this cobblers supposed to  mean? "

The experts also made an eerie revelation about Captain Zahari’s route and how it reinforces their theory of a deliberate ditching.

Boeing 777 pilot Simon Hardy reconstructed Captain Zahari’s flight plan from the military radar and revealed the MH370 pilot successfully avoided detection by either Malaysian or Thai military radar by flying along the border, crossing in and out of each country’s airspace.

"If you were commissioning me to do this operation and try and make a 777 disappear, I would do exactly the same thing," Mr Hardy said.

Do they mean that the flight plan filed before takeoff specified that routing? That would be determined by all sorts of factors, principally weather and air traffic control, in pre-flight planning, it's not as if the pilot can just decide to go that way just on a whim. Or does the rent-an-expert have access to military radar records that prove that that was the case? If that's so, then he'd seem to have access to more information than the actual enquiry did. And what kind of rubbish air defense radar stops at the border? What a load of nonsense it all sounds.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I don't know, something just doesn't fit.  If he was trying to committ mass murder for whatever reasin, would he not want it to be spectacularly done to show everyone what he was doing and for his 'cause'?  If he was so concerned with getting away, would there not be more of a story than just disappearing?  If it was theft of the plane or kidnapping of specific passenger(s), it would make more sense to me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

If the pilot did indeed do this deliberately, he would know he would die so why take the plane to the Indian ocean when he could ditch in the sea en route to its original destination.  Could he (or second officer, or even a hijacker) have bailed out by parachute and left the plane on autopilot to finally fall to earth when the fuel ran out?  This would make more sense if he wanted to be thought dead.  Not sure if route once set on autopilot would take it over land before hitting Indian Ocean.  No point in parachuting if you are only going to land in the sea, unless you have a ship and rescue set up.  Can anyone see where this theory fails to have any currency?

• Like 4

I think there are a few problems with this idea. First, the aircraft was asked to change flight plan 1 min after take off, this would force a change to any pre conceived plans by the pilot and how he would be able to avoid detection. 

Second, flight 370 turned back and flew into the airspace it had previously left, it would have shown up as an unknown on primary radar. About 17 min after last contact a search was started. Under these circumstances it might be expected that Malaysia air traffic control would try and identify the new target, the pilot might expect this to happen and so it's not guaranteed he would have a free pass through the area.?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This is interesting. The movements of the aircraft appear to indicate "evasion" from radar contact.

Plus, the transponder went silent for no logical reason so-far.

Suicide? Seems a possibility.

• Like 1

Yeah. The captain went nuts. That's it. It isn't just that Malaysia is a cheap country with a wonky airfleet.

• Like 2

These 'experts' have to come up with some sort of story before they can get paid. no plane no pay, or at least that fat 'recovery' reward.

If all they can offer is that they failed to find anything and have no conclusions as to the reasons/reasons why, they just get some pittance of a service rendered pay

~

• Like 3

One thing that could be looked at before the aircraft is, hopefully, found is to investigate the actions of various Malaysian agencies. The actions of the military and civilian air control appear to be incompetent at best or even complicit in the actions of the aircraft.

With the recent change in Malaysian government perhaps more details will come out ?   

https://topdocumentaryfilms.com/where-flight-mh370/ 

• Like 2

On ‎14‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 12:38 PM, Still Waters said:

The man who initiated the Australian hunt for missing aircraft Malaysian Airline flight MH370 says the search operation is "no longer necessary" in solving the mystery.

In an exclusive interview with 60 Minutes reporter Tara Brown, Martin Dolan, former head of the Australian Transport Safety Bureau, says the likelihood of finding the ill-fated airplane is very low and the wreckage is no longer needed to understand the aircraft’s final hours.

"The data we have already means that we can form a view, broadly speaking, about what happened to reduce the likelihood of recurrence. That could be done now."

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2018/05/13/21/09/mh370-aviation-expert-declares-not-necessary-to-continue-search-for-missing-plane

To me, I find any explanation other than a military snatch and grab operation to be implausible.

A suicidal pilot doesnt care about radar, and if he wanted to teach the world a lesson surely he would want us to find the plane wreckage along with the dead passengers? He also doesnt have the technical knowhow to disable the transponder.

We know there were two Iranians travelling on fake passports on that plane. We also know there were a load of Free Scale Chinese scientists who were experts in radar and electronic warfare. We also know that following 9/11 all US planes were fitted with technology to allow them to be taken over from the ground in the event of a hi-jack.

In my opinion the plane flew below the radar horizon to prevent anyone knowing where it was. On top of this the transponder was also disabled not only to help hide the plane but to prevent any ground takeover. That means at least one of those Chinese radar and electronic warfare experts were part of the snatch and grab operation. I also think the two Iranians took over the cockpit. The purpose of the mission? To deliver those Chinese scientists to Iranian so the country could steal cutting edge US radar technology.

The plane also had enough fuel to make it to Iran.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

Even when it would use more fuel flying below Radar?

Your theory seems to be a little out there.

Suicide seems more plausible as it has happened before Egypt Air flight 990.

Edited by A rather obscure Bassoon
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Living in australia and reports of over 100 million of our taxpayers dollars funding this search... the comments of 'we no longer need the wreckage ' is a pretty sore point

• Like 3

So far all we and the experts have is speculation of what was truly behind this horrific tragedy. I'm personally prone to believe that it was premeditated and the pilot did indeed commit suicide by also wanting to take many innocent lives with him. It's not the first time that this has happened due to severe mental illness that wasn't detected in the pilot(s).

I know that some people believe that he ditched the plane on purpose in the Indian ocean so as to not ever be found. But I find that hard to swallow. I believe that the Indian ocean was simply where he decided to veer the plane to it's final end..( for whatever the reason he had in his mind).

In a nut shell, they simply haven't found the bulk of the plane yet because of such great sparseness of this ocean. Hopefully one day soon they will, so at least to help bring final closure to the loved ones who are / were left behind.  

• Like 1

When the news broke that the plane went missing, it was a bit surreal for me. Not for a specific reason. Just the feeling I got. I can't explain it. I used to believe the fire theory until I had a guy from France who'd had a career working on and flying aircraft explain some huge inconsistencies with the fire theory. He knew what he was talking about it seemed. He believed it was either the captain or a high jacking but said it was most likely the captain. It's not my area of expertise, but he made a lot of sense describing it all to me.

Edited by Skulduggery
  • Confused 1

Not that it adds much to this discussion because I'm not savvy enough about that kind of thing. BUT, it certainly was enough to sway me into believing the captain very well could have done this.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

To me, I find any explanation other than a military snatch and grab operation to be implausible.

A suicidal pilot doesnt care about radar, and if he wanted to teach the world a lesson surely he would want us to find the plane wreckage along with the dead passengers? He also doesnt have the technical knowhow to disable the transponder.

We know there were two Iranians travelling on fake passports on that plane. We also know there were a load of Free Scale Chinese scientists who were experts in radar and electronic warfare. We also know that following 9/11 all US planes were fitted with technology to allow them to be taken over from the ground in the event of a hi-jack.

In my opinion the plane flew below the radar horizon to prevent anyone knowing where it was. On top of this the transponder was also disabled not only to help hide the plane but to prevent any ground takeover. That means at least one of those Chinese radar and electronic warfare experts were part of the snatch and grab operation. I also think the two Iranians took over the cockpit. The purpose of the mission? To deliver those Chinese scientists to Iranian so the country could steal cutting edge US radar technology.

And see, I had a feeling that someone wanted the plane or something/one on it.  The captain didn't go out in a blaze of glory, which would make sense if he was wanting to thumb his nose at his ex and the world.  I could see him taking money and a new identity and starting over some where.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, third_eye said:

These 'experts' have to come up with some sort of story before they can get paid. no plane no pay, or at least that fat 'recovery' reward.

If all they can offer is that they failed to find anything and have no conclusions as to the reasons/reasons why, they just get some pittance of a service rendered pay

~

You know, after watching the 60 minute programme the other evening. I couldn't help but think for a moment that certain ego's among these experts were starting to get involved of ie; 'Who is going to be the first one /country to find the remains of this aircraft'....

I certainly picked up on some animosity (ego's if you like) going back and forth with the Australian, Canadian and the American guy. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Astra. said:

You know, after watching the 60 minute programme the other evening. I couldn't help but think for a moment that certain ego's among these experts were starting to get involved of ie; 'Who is going to be the first one /country to find the remains of this aircraft'....

I certainly picked up on some animosity (ego's if you like) going back and forth with the Australian, Canadian and the American guy. 

THey were trying to outdo each other for a future of Fame and Fortune ...

~

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, third_eye said:

THey were trying to outdo each other for a future of Fame and Fortune ...

~

Yep, it wouldn't surprise me.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Astra. said:

Yep, it wouldn't surprise me.

Its not only very big money but also rare opportunities, tragic under such circumstances though it is, do not come along very often.

Technically, its the Science and the R&D of the machines/equipment that is at stake here, once anyone gets to set the default standards or requirements, the rest pretty much has to revamp their entire catalogue. Search ans Rescue, even though a very small part of the Fortune pie, is the slice that everybody sees and knows about.

~

• Like 1

If an unidentified 777 appears on radar approaching say, Ben Gurion, I'd hate to be on it.  Like a guy once said - "if there ain't no BODY, then there ain't nobody DEAD".

• Like 3

3 hours ago, and then said:

If an unidentified 777 appears on radar approaching say, Ben Gurion, I'd hate to be on it.  Like a guy once said - "if there ain't no BODY, then there ain't nobody DEAD".

Interesting fact: Malaysian Airlines did store some of their off-lease 777s at Tel Aviv. Therefore, obviously, Mossad. ::innocent:

• Like 1

* This is quite a good, and non-sensationalist, roundup of the many and various conspiracy theories. http://www.theweek.co.uk/mh370/58037/mh370-conspiracy-theories-what-happened-to-the-missing-plane

• Like 4

6 hours ago, third_eye said:

Its not only very big money but also rare opportunities, tragic under such circumstances though it is, do not come along very often.

Technically, its the Science and the R&D of the machines/equipment that is at stake here, once anyone gets to set the default standards or requirements, the rest pretty much has to revamp their entire catalogue. Search ans Rescue, even though a very small part of the Fortune pie, is the slice that everybody sees and knows about.

~

Hmm, well as someone said...it took over 70 years to find the Titanic..so I guess there is always a chance that somebody will eventually find the possible bulk of this resting plane that lays at the bottom of the ocean.....even if it is like looking for a needle in a haystack. 

• Like 1