Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Could a multiverse be hospitable to life?

Still Waters

14 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Its a hypothesis. Do you know what that means? Other discoveries led some experts in this field down this path.

The researchers make an hypothesis (A multiverse hospitable for life) based on a premise (The existence of a Multiverse) which amounts to nothing more than speculation, since the existence of a Mutlvierse has never been proven and likely never will. Feel free to call that 'science'. I do not.

Edited by Brother_Spirit
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Brother_Spirit said:

The researchers make an hypothesis ( A multiverse hospitable for life) based on a premise (the existence of a Multiverse) which in the end amounts to nothing more than speculation, since the existence of a Mutlvierse has never been proven and likely never will. Feel free to call that 'science'. I do not.

If something isn't researched we will never know the answer. There needs to be a starting point for further investigation.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Brother_Spirit said:

The researchers make an hypothesis (A multiverse hospitable for life) based on a premise (The existence of a Multiverse) which amounts to nothing more than speculation, since the existence of a Mutlvierse has never been proven and likely never will. Feel free to call that 'science'. I do not.

By the time you leave this Earth I promise you it will be proven. I can also promise you Jesus isn't coming back.:lol: So keep chasing that carrot for another 2,000 years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Brother_Spirit said:

The researchers who wrote this paper make an hypothesis (hospitable for life) based on another hypothesis (The existence of a Multiverse) which amounts to nothing more than speculation, since the premise of a Multiverse has never been proven and likely never will.

Why can't we ever be able to detect things like bubble collisions or gravitational effects on our Universe? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Why can't we ever be able to detect things like bubble collisions or gravitational effects on our Universe? 

There are possible anomallies that point towards this

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/05/17/first-evidence-multiverse-scientists-think-cold-spot-space-could/

Edited by khol
  • Thanks 1

What's wrong with scientists having ideas of possibilities? 

• Like 2

Feel free to laugh at this if you'd like, but here's a rather stupid idea I had. 

What if all the galaxies we see are "universes" of their own. I mean quite literally. 

• Confused 1

It seems to me less likely for just one universe to exist than for many universes to exist. I mean, just one unique universe appearing out of an infinite potential seems unlikely. 

If there's a potential for one universe to come into existence, that same potential should continue to create many universes.

• Like 2

On 5/16/2018 at 12:01 AM, Truthseeker007 said:

Well said! I do like to add though that I do thank mainstream science for taking a lot of power from the church and religion. We may still be in the dark ages if it wasn't for some of the mainstream thinkers.

Just to be clear, much of science's foundations owes itself to the "Church" which promoted and paid for early scientific endeavors.  So science didn't really bring religion out of the dark ages, religion actually prop'd science up during the dark ages and, thus, they both brought each other out of the dark ages.  Science doesn't get ALL the credit.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Noxasa said:

Just to be clear, much of science's foundations owes itself to the "Church" which promoted and paid for early scientific endeavors.  So science didn't really bring religion out of the dark ages, religion actually prop'd science up during the dark ages and, thus, they both brought each other out of the dark ages.  Science doesn't get ALL the credit.

Well you may be on to something because Georges Lemaître a Belgian Catholic Priest proposed what became known as the Big Bang theory. With that being said though that just shows that the church purposely try's to keep things hidden from their followers. If the church could still have full power of the world they certainly would enjoy that power. I sure don't see the church with the endless supply of money they have putting an end to world hunger. Maybe if they did what they preached the world would be a better place but they don't and as far as I can see the churches of this world are downright evil.:devil:

On 5/15/2018 at 8:26 AM, Truthseeker007 said:

That is a good point. Although then they would probably have to ask is Jesus going to each Universe dying for everybody's sins? Although I am sure the church would make something up to keep their flock.:lol: Yea it might be hard for the sky daddy to answer prayers in other universes.:lol:

Maybe those multiverses had/have no need for a "Jesus" per say. Perhaps there was no "Adam and Eve" that "fell from grace." Perhaps OUR 'verse is an experiment for "religion." Another 'verse out there may be an experiment for something else.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WolfHawk said:

Maybe those multiverses had/have no need for a "Jesus" per say. Perhaps there was no "Adam and Eve" that "fell from grace." Perhaps OUR 'verse is an experiment for "religion." Another 'verse out there may be an experiment for something else.

I think you are on to something on that.:tu: