Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Native American Teens Campus Reality

Piney

4 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

No, you see she did. She didn’t know them, couldnt get their names and so, for some reason, decided they were sketchy and called the coppers. The room would have been full of folks she didn’t know. It was a campus, so the room would have run the gamut from surly people sitting alone in the corner glaring at people for the temerity for them to breathe to future MacDonalds employees Arts Majors who couldn’t keep quiet if you were drowning them. 

But two brothers got the coppers called on them for some reason. What was the reason? They were behaving “sketchily” by not giving their names to strangers. If that was a crime I’d be in gaol giving the number of times at Uni people asking for my name were told it ended in “Off”, and I’m sure you can guess what my first name was.

You really should try to be nicer, that girl was asking you for your name just wanted to get to know you.  Shot at love blown!

7 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

No, you see she did. She didn’t know them, couldnt get their names and so, for some reason, decided they were sketchy and called the coppers. The room would have been full of folks she didn’t know. It was a campus, so the room would have run the gamut from surly people sitting alone in the corner glaring at people for the temerity for them to breathe to future MacDonalds employees Arts Majors who couldn’t keep quiet if you were drowning them. 

But two brothers got the coppers called on them for some reason. What was the reason? They were behaving “sketchily” by not giving their names to strangers. If that was a crime I’d be in gaol giving the number of times at Uni people asking for my name were told it ended in “Off”, and I’m sure you can guess what my first name was.

Well those future McDonald employees will be asking us some real questions someday. (Such as -  would you like fries with that?)

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, travelnjones said:

You really should try to be nicer, that girl was asking you for your name just wanted to get to know you.  Shot at love blown!

DANG! I never thought that.

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

DANG! I never thought that.

yep she was a big Dr. Who fan too, caves of andrazani was her favorite episode.  but she was from new south wales it would never have worked

5 minutes ago, travelnjones said:

yep she was a big Dr. Who fan too, caves of andrazani was her favorite episode.  but she was from new south wales it would never have worked

Yeap, no Mexican romances for me.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, skliss said:

Maybe you need to call someone....

The grand little old ladies of the neighborhood handled it

~

• Like 1

MORE fun on college campus?

Must be Tuesday....

I found this to be entertaining, and shows how little has changed, too-

• Like 1

@papageorge1  and @Sir Wearer of Hats   Liberal Arts majors working??? Are you both outta your bloody minds??? They were protesting in front of the Uni my sister works at (Rowan) that their parental stipend didn't cover both cafeteria food and the co-pay at the medical center when every fast food joint and gas station in Glassboro is hiring. When I walked through their little spin I said to them "Get a friggin job then!". :lol:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, third_eye said:

The grand little old ladies of the neighborhood handled it

~

Great! Arguing is one thing, denting my good pots will get you in some serious trouble! :lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, skliss said:

Great! Arguing is one thing, denting my good pots will get you in some serious trouble! :lol:

It was close to one in the morning ... if the guys in the neighborhood turned up first, things would have escalated to worse, there was a bit of yelling all around but the little old ladies knows the deal they do ... they showed up in front of the house and all the yelling and screaming just went 'off'

:lol:

~

1 minute ago, third_eye said:

It was close to one in the morning ... if the guys in the neighborhood turned up first, things would have escalated to worse, there was a bit of yelling all around but the little old ladies knows the deal they do ... they showed up in front of the house and all the yelling and screaming just went 'off'

:lol:

~

They must be some tough, no nonsense little old ladies!!

Just now, skliss said:

Nawwww... them's the lovable feisty and spunky untouchables ... the closest I know to sample with is like Sophia on The Golden Girls ... its also a local thing, the Chinese, Malays and Indians (India) kinda share this quirk the most among all other things CUltural and traditional.

~

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Nawwww... them's the lovable feisty and spunky untouchables ... the closest I know to sample with is like Sophia on The Golden Girls ... its also a local thing, the Chinese, Malays and Indians (India) kinda share this quirk the most among all other things CUltural and traditional.

~

I was thinking of my grandmother...5 ft nothing, but no one would dare talk back or disrespect her in anyway. If she said "Hop to it!" everyone did...lol

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, skliss said:

I used to live next door to a little Greek “nonna”, her daughter married a Samoan, so her grandkids were HUGE. Anyway, one day word started going around thst one of those grandkids was breaking into houses at night. Nonna Vic heard about it and the next day the stolen goods were all returned and apologised for. The lad in question would have been 6foot 4 And she was at best 5 foot. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Piney said:

Liberal Arts majors working??? Are you both outta your bloody minds??? They were protesting in front of the Uni my sister works at (Rowan) that their parental stipend didn't cover both cafeteria food and the co-pay at the medical center when every fast food joint and gas station in Glassboro is hiring.

I think you have to be a science or engineering major to get off on spending your Saturdays working in a Geo lab sieving thousands of tedious samples or spending your mornings and evenings on a dish crew.  It helps if your ego is not over inflated. But some folks can understand things like work so well from afar, that they are primed to run for public office.

That's a little harsh I suppose.  I admire linguists, good historians, and librarians among others.  Its less about the major than about the student   Call me  judgmental, but it would seem a lot easier to party through a commerce or business degree than it is through a technical field. Not to say physics majors don't cut loose once in a while. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, skliss said:

I was thinking of my grandmother...5 ft nothing, but no one would dare talk back or disrespect her in anyway. If she said "Hop to it!" everyone did...lol

In my grandma's house, nobody wore a hat. In those days of course even cowboys had manners.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

In my grandma's house, nobody wore a hat. In those days of course even cowboys had manners.

Hats, boots and guns never made it past the mudroom at my stepmothers. :tu:

• Thanks 3

On 5/16/2018 at 7:03 AM, skliss said:

Ditto. Tiny Italian woman. One of those big things in small packages scenarios. 

• Like 3