Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Employee Monitoring

OverSword

I read this article and am disturbed.

From microchip implants to wristband trackers and sensors that can detect fatigue and depression, new technology is enabling employers to watch staff in more and more intrusive ways. How worried should we be?

Link

This is all becoming way too intrusive for my liking. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I read this article and am disturbed.

Link

This is all becoming way too intrusive for my liking. 

This is getting ridiculous for sure!

I jumped through employer's hoops for a very long time. Like many others I was the whipping boy for the suits upstairs.

The only way to get over all of that is to become your own boss, which is exactly what I did. It's funny, all of those scars on my back healed quickly.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

I jumped through employer's hoops for a very long time. Like many others I was the whipping boy for the suits upstairs.

The only way to get over all of that is to become your own boss, which is exactly what I did. It's funny, all of those scars on my back healed quickly.

I  never worked for a corporation and never would.  My boss treats me like a son. 

• Like 3

I don't think you have much to worry about unless your boss makes you get an implant or wear a wristband against your will.

Facebook monitors what employees eat.  They use different colored plates to indicate different meals by general calorie count.   

• Like 1

My boss comes walking by by desk the other day.......

Boss: Hey, what cha doin?

Me: Screwin off, but you monitor-clowns already know that, right?

Boss: As a matter of fact, we do!

Me: And yet, here you are.:rolleyes:

• Like 2

On ‎14‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 5:21 PM, .ZZ. said:

I work for an organisation with CCTV cameras inside the work place and this includes hidden ones in my department too. How do I know? I work alongside the senior management team and I can hear the two directors in their office laughing at the people they are watching.

Its often totally unprofessional behaviour or comments coming out of their room. When its my turn I can hear quite clearly what is being said about me. I dont like being watched with it being something that freaks me the hell out. And with the comments it makes me angry, stressed, anxious, and resentful too.

My manager also has people from around the building outside of camera coverage reporting conversations between them and me back to him. Whats that about? And my work colleagues experience the same and arent happy about it. I find I cannot completely watch what I say 100% of the time and usually get pulled over something once every two months.

I`m going to wind him up when he comes back from holiday. I`m going to make up all kinds of fake dramatic stories to have with people around the business. Then when it finds its way back to him I will drag out each meeting with him as long as possible. Hopefully that will be a 2 hour skive each time. Lets see how long it takes him to realise what I`m doing lol.

I`m going to wind one of the directors up too. Each time I know I`m being watched I`m going to go flirt with his girlfriend. Lets see how he likes watching what I`m up to then. lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

I work for an organisation with CCTV cameras inside the work place and this includes hidden ones in my department too. How do I know? I work alongside the senior management team and I can hear the two directors in their office laughing at the people they are watching.

Its often totally unprofessional behaviour or comments coming out of their room. When its my turn I can hear quite clearly what is being said about me. I dont like being watched with it being something that freaks me the hell out. And with the comments it makes me angry, stressed, anxious, and resentful too.

My manager also has people from around the building outside of camera coverage reporting conversations between them and me back to him. Whats that about? And my work colleagues experience the same and arent happy about it. I find I cannot completely watch what I say 100% of the time and usually get pulled over something once every two months.

I`m going to wind him up when he comes back from holiday. I`m going to make up all kinds of fake dramatic stories to have with people around the business. Then when it finds its way back to him I will drag out each meeting with him as long as possible. Hopefully that will be a 2 hour skive each time. Lets see how long it takes him to realise what I`m doing lol.

I`m going to wind one of the directors up too. Each time I know I`m being watched I`m going to go flirt with his girlfriend. Lets see how he likes watching what I`m up to then. lol.

You should record what they are saying and sue them. That will stop them right fast.

• Like 3

If we had an angry emoli, I'd use it instead of like. My workplace is monitored by cameras everywhere, including hallways. All entrances and exits are monitored and so is our time clocks. I believe there are listening devices put throughout where we go to do charting and in the employee break room. Big Brother!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

I worked in a mechanic shop long ago where the boss set up a microphone in our work area, as his office was in a building next door. We didn't have to deal with cameras way back then, just a listening device.

We used to mess with him big time! We would carry on like school boys. Silly jokes and thinly veiled snipes at him. It was a riot. It kept us entertained but but he didn't glean much info from us. :lol: 

Edited by .ZZ.
  • Like 3

I get about 5 minutes face time with my boss every fortnight. Trust me, I'd love a bit more attention.

Its quite disquieting to read what employers/managers are allowed to do in other countries. In my country such spy stunts on employees are forbidden by law.