Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Psychic Blockage?

mattyblueice

Hi I am seeking some advice on what to do or whom to work with in removing a potential psychic blockage/enhancing my dormant abilities.  I will provide a summary of my experiences to help provide some context.

When I was in my early 20's, I was at a bar having a drink when I was approached by a man who asked me if I was aware of my abilities.  I told him that I didn't know what he was talking about and he then told me that I had a strong intuition and that I was "para kinetic".  We talked some more and went out onto the patio where he said he would activate my abilities.  I closed my eyes and I am not sure what he did with his hands but as my eyes were closed I saw a dazzling display of colorful electricity.  I became uncomfortable with the situation and told the guy I wanted to leave. He gave me a pewter pendent that looked like a staff with a snake wrapped about it.

After that night, I started being able to see events that were about to occur - little things such as there is a speed trap around the corner or knowing that a friend of mine was at a restaurant that I was going to and I could see what he was wearing.  It was as if it was shown to me on a movie screen between my eyes.

Small random visions like this continued for several weeks until one night when I was sleeping and I had a vision of my uncle having a violent seizure in his hospital bed (he had been in the hospital for several weeks) and the very next thing I knew was my mom waking me up to tell me he had passed away.  The visions stopped after that - that was about 20 years ago.

More recently I went on vacation and I am sitting in the plane waiting for take off and a thought came into my head "say your good byes to John as you won't have another opportunity".  My friend John was not ill that I was aware of and I brushed the thought off.  I also haven't spoken to him in 4 months, but a few days later he called me and told me that he is going into open heart surgery next week.  We chatted for a bit and I told him that I would be well.  Last Wednesday he had the surgery and as of the time of this writing he has not regained consciousness.  He is currently in a chemically induced coma and there is severe inflammation.  It's wait and see at this point, but my intuition is telling me he has already passed on.

I also feel that my inner voice is urging me to develop my abilities and remove this blockage. I do mediate on a daily basis and I have tried chakra balancing, using crystals, but seemingly to no avail.

Can anyone please provide me some advice on what I should do or whom I could work with to help me remove this blockage? Thanks - Matt

Crystals, like anything else are only "focusing tools" and have no power in themselves. You are overthinking and creating your own blockage.. You have to empty your mind while meditating and learn to keep it empty of random thoughts when your are "about your business".

• Like 1

Piney is correct (as usual).

For the most part, we cause our own blockages. As it has been a while, I would advise going back to basics and meditating correctly and let things open as they will and possibly take a different form. Some things will not come in until we are ready and mature and grown enough to handle them rightly. They can be taken away for the same reasons if we lack those qualities and abuse what we have. 

• Like 2

Thanks for feedback.  Since I am currently meditating - are there any websites/books you could recommend to assist with proper mediation and "mind quieting"?

Thank you!

Hi,

The idea is to work directly with your "inner voice". I suggest when you meditate, have an imaginary conversation with that aspect of yourself.

John

2 minutes ago, mattyblueice said:

Thanks for feedback.  Since I am currently meditating - are there any websites/books you could recommend to assist with proper mediation and "mind quieting"?

Thank you!

Don't waste your money. Use breathing methods which work for you (experiment a little) and just keep trying to clear your mind until you can empty it.

• Like 2

Hi Matty. Looks like your topic pulled in the big guns, we even have John here, who has been a major help to me.

It is best if you simply learn to get your "mind monkeys" under control and rid of and learn that quiet space with no thoughts and dismiss things which rise up until you stabilize with it and seek yourself, your inner, higher self, talk to that, ask it to help guide you. Pray quietly to God if you are into that. My prayer is usually just "Hi God" and then quiet again. He already knows what is up and what I need so words seem excessive. 

It really is there and will respond, sometimes with emotion at first and sometimes with synchronicities in life at first but if you work it it will come to pass. Just my own experience.