Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Security camera captures an 'angel'

Still Waters

Do you believe in miracles? A group of people in East Jordan, Michigan believe they have come across one.

Glen Thorman's security camera captured the image. 

"I said 'That's an angel!' And I was just blown away," he recalls. 

The camera is only activated by a motion sensor.

https://www.tmj4.com/news/national/angel-on-camera-michigan-pastor-says-security-camera-captured-a-miracle

http://upnorthlive.com/news/local/could-a-security-camera-have-captured-a-miracle

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I'd say it is a moth taken at just the right time to give the impression of depth so as to appear near the truck creating the illusion of something larger.

• Like 8

It is a prettier angel than most of these, but yeah, Vilasarius, I was looking at the spot trying to think what bug made that image :D 

I was wondering what miracle happened, were all the vehicles repaired instantly or something? 

• Haha 5

I hope nobody finds a dead body in the back of the truck is what I am hoping...

~

• Haha 6

It looks like at least human size to me. Papameter:  65% Paranormal / 35% Normal

• Haha 1

It's a moth, of course, but it is also a magnificent avenging angel with a light sabre!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Santameter...100% not paranormal.

Bug, most likely a moth. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, moonman said:

100% earthly animal on the clear thinking scale.

10 minutes ago, SecretSanta said:

Santameter...100% not paranormal.

Bug, most likely a moth. 

100% anything would mean a broken and pegged meter to my logic.

34 minutes ago, LV-426 said:

Yeah, moth I'd say.

I seem to remember something very similar on Fact or Faked.

Anyone out there got a known moth example photo that looks similar enough? No attenas and all.

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

Anyone out there got a known moth example photo that looks similar enough? No attenas and all.

i0YWbXd.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

100% anything would mean a broken and pegged meter to my logic.

...you have to have logic to begin with, though. 

It's 100% something. Logic and common sense says animal/bug. There is no "meter".

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, SecretSanta said:

i0YWbXd.jpg

Thanks for those examples. I wouldn't go higher than 35% chance on 'moth' then.

For one, if moths could trigger those security cameras then this should be a known effect. And it seems to be above and just behind the truck.

Edited by papageorge1

Yeah, for sure it's a moth. What I'm curious about, is why the moth looks so large in the image. Has it possibly been enhanced to create this affect ?  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Astra. said:

Yeah, for sure it's a moth. What I'm curious about, is why the moth looks so large in the image. Has it possibly been enhanced to create this affect ?  

Need not be, depends on the camera's capabilities mostly, security cameras are good in some situations but mostly bad in most.

Another thing to keep in mind is the reflective characteristics of most nocturnal insects ...

~

The role of random nanostructures for the omnidirectional anti ... - Nature

https://www.nature.com › nature communications › articles
by RH Siddique - ‎2015 - ‎Cited by 61 - ‎Related articles

Apr 22, 2015 - The glasswing butterfly (Greta oto) has, as its name suggests, transparent wings with remarkable low haze and reflectance over the whole ...

~

Wing scales cause light to diffract and interfere : Morpho - AskNature

Jun 2, 2016 - Morpho butterfly wings have tiny scales covered with microscopic ... we investigated the absolute reflectivity and transmissivity associated with ...

~

~

2f0cef59-c705-40d7-8815-ee65c6d37d9b-lar

~

Note the angle of the shadows from the flash triggered. Angle is down while the 'angel' is towards the camera, going up and out of screen.

~

• Like 3

@third_eye thanks for taking the time to post some info in regards to this. It's certainly worth mulling over.

Cheers :)..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Astra. said:

@third_eye thanks for taking the time to post some info in regards to this. It's certainly worth mulling over.

Cheers :)..

No worries .. cheers :)

~

• Like 1

Just curious....if it's a moth, and it can trigger a motion sensitive camera...wouldnt this be happening everyday all over the world? Cameras would be going off all day and night. Are all motion sensitive cameras so sensitive that any insect can set it off? I honestly don't know.

And Fact or Faked..didn't that one turn out to be one of those plastic store bags, empty and flying around in the wind? That was pretty cool if I remember right.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, skliss said:

Just curious....if it's a moth, and it can trigger a motion sensitive camera...wouldnt this be happening everyday all over the world? Cameras would be going off all day and night. Are all motion sensitive cameras so sensitive that any insect can set it off? I honestly don't know.

And Fact or Faked..didn't that one turn out to be one of those plastic store bags, empty and flying around in the wind? That was pretty cool if I remember right.

We don't know what triggered the cameras. Also depends on the set up and how sensitive it is, certain systems has motion detectors that are less than reliable, and yes, a moth can trigger off an alarm depending on the conditions, I myself has seen a fly triggering the alarm in a car, a friend parked the car at out usual watering hole and the alarm went all crazy, he'll remote it off and then a few minutes later it'll g off again, after a few times someone noticed a fly buzzing around in the car, after we let the buggah out, the alarm was happily quiet till closing time. Though to be honest it was a big **** fly it was.

~

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Notice from the second picture it' obviously a cloud of smoke drifting away. Someone was smoking in his truck.

Reading some where, a spiritual person said we all have a umbilical cord to the spiritual  world . Sure looks like one on that angel:rolleyes:

On 5/16/2018 at 9:07 AM, papageorge1 said:

Thanks for those examples. I wouldn't go higher than 35%..

I briefly 'showed' this post, and was relieved to see that my decision to Ignore papa and his silly posts was entirely correct and should continue.

It's a flippin' moth.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

It's a flippin' moth.

Hey, leave the moth alone, it was just minding its own business ....

:P

~

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

I briefly 'showed' this post, and was relieved to see that my decision to Ignore papa and his silly posts was entirely correct and should continue.

It's a flippin' moth.

Please continue ignoring Papa. However I think Papa is one of the better posters here in all seriousness. A moth seems at best possible but unlikely.