Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Security camera captures an 'angel'

Still Waters

On 5/16/2018 at 9:07 AM, papageorge1 said:

Thanks for those examples. I wouldn't go higher than 35% chance on 'moth' then.

For one, if moths could trigger those security cameras then this should be a known effect. And it seems to be above and just behind the truck.

Its not just a known effect, its a nuisance. Insets trigger detectors all the time. 

Moth with forced perspective seems a more than obvious answer. 

• Like 1

Looks like a moth (or similar) to me.

And I believe in angels. But THAT is a bug.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Its not just a known effect, its a nuisance. Insets trigger detectors all the time. 

Moth with forced perspective seems a more than obvious answer. 

One thing to consider is if it happens all the time is why would the owner of this camera model seem so certain it was not a moth?

And why did the photo expert who was consulted not give any clear conclusion?

Edited by papageorge1

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

One thing to consider is if it happens all the time

It does happen all the time Google it. People are always seeking solutions to this problem, it's very common. 

is why would the owner of this camera model seem so certain it was not a moth?

Cognitive bias. 

And why did the photo expert consulted not give any certain conclusion?

The one who said 'it's definitely moth shaped'? He didn't say that, he said its open to interpretation, like how people with cognative bias want to believe this is more than a moth. They can have that opinion, as childish and silly as it is 

Still a moth though.

From the link in the OP. Second one  first ones not working for me. 

We took the photos to Glass Lakes Photography in Petoskey to look at them with studio owner, Joe Clark.

Clark says it's difficult to say for sure what the figure in the photos is, but it's possible an insect set off that motion sensor.

It is definitely moth-shaped in the first photo," Clark said. "You can kind of clearly see what looks, or could be interpreted as, wings and a head, but at the same time since it’s not clearly in focus and since it is what it is, there may be room for interpretation.”

• Like 1

7 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Cognitive bias. 

Could  'cognitive bias' also make someone insist it could only be a moth?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The moth is more closer to the camera, then you think. That is why the moth looks big.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

No, that's what common sense is for.

Consider this statement - "This picture looks odd, like a moth or an angel. Considering angels are not proven to exist, yet moths are and exist in the trillions, it's most likely a moth."

Not confirmation bias, common sense. The fact that this needs to be explained saddens me.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, moonman said:

No, that's what common sense is for.

Consider this statement - "This picture looks odd, like a moth or an angel. Considering angels are not proven to exist, yet moths are and exist in the trillions, it's most likely a moth."

Not confirmation bias, common sense. The fact that this needs to be explained saddens me.

Now talking in terms of ‘likeliness’ is different than talking of ‘certainty’, right? 

That this needs to be explained saddens me.

12 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Not at all, it's more than obviously the most likely conclusion. 

Cognative bias is more like someone saying that an expert is not sure when they say its a moth but open to interpretation and using that angle to exaggerate the claim. 

Know what I mean? 

• Like 1

On 5/19/2018 at 2:29 AM, psyche101 said:

That is one big ath moth!

• Haha 3

Why is it that angels and ufos always are seen at night in the middle of freaking no where?

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, joc said:

Why is it that angels and ufos always are seen at night in the middle of freaking no where?

Maybe it's easier to be stealthy at night. It's like asking why every picture of a ghost looks a wisp of smoke, or they look like bad photoshop.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Haha 3

I think it's his personal Parking Space Angel.

Don't get your hopes up, folks. They only assign those to pastors.

Oh wait...no I don't think that.

It's a friggin' MOTH.

• Haha 4

On 5/18/2018 at 3:15 PM, papageorge1 said:

Now talking in terms of ‘likeliness’ is different than talking of ‘certainty’, right? 

That this needs to be explained saddens me.

I'm just going to put you on ignore and save myself the trouble of listening to your nonsense anymore.

Have a nice life of delusion.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Psalm 91:11-12
“For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways. On their hands they will bear you up, lest you strike your foot against a stone.” 

2 hours ago, Black Monk said:
Psalm 91:11-12
“For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways. On their hands they will bear you up, lest you strike your foot against a stone.” 

Except people experience tragedy every day, and Christians are not immune. 

And then there's the fact that it's a moth. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

@ChaosRose @Astra. @SecretSanta @Piney

YOU GUYS: there has been a recent update on this case that is actually too funny not to share here!

It appears you guys were right and it was a moth after all. On one of my channeling websites, the medium actually made contact with the moth. Apparently, he pulled this off intentionally as a prank. But now that so many innocent people have fallen for it, he feels guilt/anxiety/depression over giving false excitement to so many.

In fact, he even went to his dentist seeking relief for his guilt/depression symptoms. 

The medium did become confused and asked why he went to a dentist with those kind of symptoms.

The moth responding that he actually wanted to see a psychiatrist but the Dentist Office had its light on!

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...

Looks like a moth to me when you look at the details...