Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Eschatology and the Antichrist

Hermai

Ever hear of Time-Wave Zero? Ever wonder how it could be connected to traditional Christian mythology?

It seems to me, that rationally, McKenna could function as, or actually be, the Antichrist spoken of in Revelation. His death perhaps was not death the way we usually consider it. What if he simply transitioned to another form, accelerating the Eschaton?

Well, 666 / 616 is written with a common Christogram / monogram, so I personally doubt it refers to him

jus sayin

On 5/20/2018 at 3:54 PM, Phyto said:

Well, 666 / 616 is written with a common Christogram / monogram, so I personally doubt it refers to him

jus sayin

Revelation was written as a fantasy adventure to rally the disheartened jewish Christians  after the destruction of the second temple. Gnostics and other gentile Christians didn't believe it's an inspired book but was forced to believe it. If jews don't believe Jesus was the prophesied messiah who do you think will be the antichrist for the Christians?

Well, for one, I don't think modern exegesis is correct ( for a wide variety of reasons ), and that topics like : Hell, Satan, 666, the antichrist, the devil, etc, are all greatly misunderstood, and distorted by people taking liberties with scripture

I mean, it took me literally only an hour or two to identify very common omen phrasing regularly found in Babylonian cuneiform texts on Venus, used word for word in Revelation, here's two examples:

" surrounded by a crown of stars "

" clothed with the sun and moon "

( cf. Babylonian Planetary Omen : Without Special Title, starting with page 11 )

.....but I digress, to answer your question, I think that all one needs to do is go to the Parable of the Tenants, where Christ describes being mocked, rejected and ridiculed on his return, but then quotes the Tanakh ( Psalms ), and says that the head cornerstone ( himself) will crush them to powder ( paraphrased )

Basically, he returns, people respond with " Pfffffffffft, that's Jesus....yeah, right " , then being Christ and all, he " wins " in the end anyway, no matter what happens

You have people who claim that the sky will peel open and fire and spaceships and microchips and... and ...and... " all will know for certain " and " accept him before this fateful day "

...but if that really happened, literally, people surely wouldn't react by going " pffffffft, yeah right ", they'd be like " HOLY COW LOOK IN THE SKY OMG WE'RE SCREWED NOW !"

I know there are people who love to spend their days making guesses about this who this so-called " antichrist " is, but honestly, I wonder sometimes if they've ever actually even studied the Bible and not just read bits and pieces 

3 hours ago, Phyto said:

I mean, it took me literally only an hour or two to identify very common omen phrasing regularly found in Babylonian cuneiform texts on Venus, used word for word in Revelation, here's two examples:

" surrounded by a crown of stars "

" clothed with the sun and moon "

This is a description of Israel found in Revelation 12:1

Revelation 12:1 "And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:"

If we go back to Genesis 37:9-10 we can understand this.

Genesis 37:9-10 "And he dreamed yet another dream, and told it his brethren, and said, Behold, I have dreamed a dream more; and, behold, the sun and the moon and the eleven stars made obeisance to me. And he told it to his father, and to his brethren: and his father rebuked him, and said unto him, What is this dream that thou hast dreamed? Shall I and thy mother and thy brethren indeed come to bow down ourselves to thee to the earth?"

The sun is Joseph's father, the moon is his mother, and the eleven stars are his brothers. Joseph and his brothers are the beginning of the 12 tribes of Israel.

3 hours ago, Phyto said:

I know there are people who love to spend their days making guesses about this who this so-called " antichrist " is, but honestly, I wonder sometimes if they've ever actually even studied the Bible and not just read bits and pieces 

No one knows who the anti-christ will be until he is revealed. According to scripture we will know who he is when he creates a peace treaty with Israel and it's enemies for 7 years, Daniel 9:27a

27 "And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week..."

The word "week" here represents 7 years, which is the last 7 years of judgment determined upon Israel, otherwise known as the time of "Jacob's trouble", or the "Tribulation period".

Edited by Ogbin
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ogbin said:

The word "week" here represents 7 years, which is the last 7 years of judgment determined upon Israel, otherwise known as the time of "Jacob's trouble", or the "Tribulation period".

When I see these discussions and the certitude that so many have with regard to these "myths", I look at the events unfolding in real time and it just boggles my mind that people can be so unseeing.  I guess it shouldn't, not everyone is able to see for reasons known only to God.  I heard a report today, regarding Trump's approach to Kim in North Korea and he said that the denuclearization might be done in a "phased-in manner" (I paraphrase).  That caught my attention because this peace agreement between Israel and "many" seems to be likely to have the same character.

Imagine an announcement where the parties in the M.E. agree to a phased-in removal of IDF troops from the West Bank and east Jerusalem while the Palestinians are given mass infusions of cash and guarantees of aid to start-up development of their infrastructure needs in return for some nominal right of return and an agreement of Hamas and the PA to demilitarize.  Confidence-building measures that will lead to full implementation over SEVEN YEARS.  

Let's face it, Israel will never simply trust the Palestinian's promises again.  There will have to be such a phase-in for an agreement to be struck.  Russia, Iran, and Turkey are in the middle of forming alliances in the region and great new wealth is at stake in the region of the Golan.  

• Thanks 1

On 5/16/2018 at 10:41 AM, Gold Star said:

The word "antichrist" doesn't appear in the book of Revelation.

Agreed. To add, where is it in the Bible that Jesus actually sat foot on Earth again, aside from Revelation? "Disputed" scriptures, such as Acts, do not count, as well. And of course, OT sources do not count since Jesus Christ fulfilled the old prophesy, right?

If the man Jesus is not the "anointed one," why should we ingrain the importance of the Eastern Gate of Jerusalem in our minds? But first, what is the significance of the Eastern Gate of Jerusalem?

2awmkx.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I really do not understand the fascination with eschatology and supposed end times theories. If you are a Christian, I feel this is a distraction from what God is calling God's people to do....which is to bring God's Kingdom on earth. As a matter of course, we've been living in the 'end times' since Jesus ascended to heaven. So why bother speculating about it? 

• Sad 1

On 5/23/2018 at 11:58 AM, and then said:

When I see these discussions and the certitude that so many have with regard to these "myths", I look at the events unfolding in real time and it just boggles my mind that people can be so unseeing.

They have a veil over their eyes called deception. That veil cannot be lifted off unless they are willing to sincerely discover what Truth is. They willfully live blinded to the Word of God. This is why people today cannot except what the Bible has to say about the times we are living in. All they have to do is read the Bible to discover that yesterday's prophecies are today's headlines. But here in lies the problem: to accept that Christ is soon to return is to accept that they are like all people, sinners and in need of a Savior. It is because of this unwillingness to accept Christ that they are able to deny the times in which we live. It too boggles my mind, And Then.

On 5/23/2018 at 11:58 AM, and then said:

I heard a report today, regarding Trump's approach to Kim in North Korea and he said that the denuclearization might be done in a "phased-in manner" (I paraphrase).  That caught my attention because this peace agreement between Israel and "many" seems to be likely to have the same character.

Imagine an announcement where the parties in the M.E. agree to a phased-in removal of IDF troops from the West Bank and east Jerusalem while the Palestinians are given mass infusions of cash and guarantees of aid to start-up development of their infrastructure needs in return for some nominal right of return and an agreement of Hamas and the PA to demilitarize.  Confidence-building measures that will lead to full implementation over SEVEN YEARS.  

Let's face it, Israel will never simply trust the Palestinian's promises again.  There will have to be such a phase-in for an agreement to be struck.  Russia, Iran, and Turkey are in the middle of forming alliances in the region and great new wealth is at stake in the region of the Golan.  

This is a fascinating concept that you have brought up. I will have to chew on this for awhile to get a better understanding of this idea. But we know according to Ezekiel 38 that When Magog(Russia) and its allies come against Israel, which IMO is toward the beginning of the Tribulation, Israel will believe that a peace that they can trust in has come. 

Ezekiel 38:10-11 "Thus saith the Lord God; It shall also come to pass, that at the same time shall things come into thy mind, and thou shalt think an evil thought: And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates,"

Magog(Russia) and its allies will take advantage of the peace treaty that the anti-christ will have made between Israel and its enemies. By description, this peace treaty will be solid enough that Israel may have totally let down their guard at the time of this invasion.

Edited by Ogbin
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Ogbin said:

Magog(Russia) and its allies will take advantage of the peace treaty that the anti-christ will have made between Israel and its enemies. By description, this peace treaty will be solid enough that Israel may have totally let down their guard at the time of this invasion.

I retract this statement.

I don't see how Israel could be caught off guard with today's technology. Especially by an army of this magnitude. Maybe the question should be "What is it about the peace treaty by the anti-christ that Israel would allow a build up of forces around its borders? Gog's army is so big that God Himself will destroy it on the mountains of Israel.  The Israel we know now would preemptive strike and not allow this to happen, right?

Ezekiel 38:21 "And I will call for a sword against him throughout all my mountains, saith the Lord God: every man's sword shall be against his brother."

Ezekiel 39:4 "Thou shalt fall upon the mountains of Israel, thou, and all thy bands, and the people that is with thee: I will give thee unto the ravenous birds of every sort, and to the beasts of the field to be devoured.

Edited by Ogbin