Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Seeing beings during meditation

Relam

Lately when i meditate i have strong feeling in third eye area(sometimes through whole head i have something like goosebumps)  and when im in deep state i often see some people that walking and beings that looking close at my face,sometimes i see shadow beings and asian type dragons.

Last time some being similar looks to famous "greys" noticed me and started looking, i looked at this being and asked it: who are you? im not afraid of you talk to me, but being just looked couple of time and walked away.

Once some hooded man  appearted near me and meditated with me on some cliff, and he give me apple, he was in hooded clothing and i only saw his nose, and this is what i most remember of his face.

I was reading that lots of people see things, could this be just our imagination or those are real things?. And if this is real how to talk with them. Is anyone expirienced something similar?

There is no sense in trying to communicate with them. The things that look like Greys sound like what @Not A Rockstar and I call "snails". Banish those b****es with whatever technique you use. The hooded man could be a "Thoughtform" but I need more info.

• Like 4

I dunno. What do you think, love? _(Asks tulpa of bond-era Jane Seymour)_ She's shrugging.

• Like 2

In passive meditation (not journeying or working) I sometimes see things or people and have learned to simply dismiss them as mind monkeys (conjured by my mind). I have meditated a long time though, decades, so seeking out white space is automatic anymore.

For me if they are real or conjured by me has not been a question I concerned myself with as I was not seeking contact with anyone so I refused any. It is very good you are not feeling any fear.

Others may have different experiences. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

As @Piney advises, if I dismiss and it doesn't go away then I banish it, it is automatic with me, I don't meditate to chat with things out there. If you establish this firmly it makes for a lot less troubles later IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Even when I'm not meditating and just close my eyes I see images of faces, people walking and fast moving clouds.  I also see similar thing when I do something like stare at grain in wood.  I figure it's some form a pareidolia, your mind making images that are familiar out of patterns.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Even when I'm not meditating and just close my eyes I see images of faces, people walking and fast moving clouds.  I also see similar thing when I do something like stare at grain in wood.  I figure it's some form a pareidolia, your mind making images that are familiar out of patterns.

yes, the upper levels are prone to this as you say. Xeno taught me a fun word for it- Mind monkeys. Imagery, issues of the day, an argument from earlier, all kinds of stuff and when all else fails a Grey or a flash coming fast and making me jerk as if it was gonna hit me. Blah, dismissals all :).  I don't get annoyed until I am deep into it and something does this and it generally gets nuked in response for daring :D . I work hard for those few minutes of silence and white space :D 

• Like 2

Daido Loori instructed that these various visual/sensual intrusions are proofs of the ego-mind fighting back, trying to destabilize the sitter's concentration that is nullifying its dominance.  Sometimes they rise at the most inopportune time with dazzling tricks, trying to get your attention to follow them instead of stillness and non-thought, which is death to the illusory but powerful ego.  I like the term mind-monkeys.  At the time I was studying, we were instructed to ignore them entirely as distractive illusions, and if they wouldn't go away, to see through them, turning them transparent while maintaining focus on the breath, or hara, or heart, etc.  One of the biggest challenges to meditation practice, IMO.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Piney said:

There is no sense  in trying to communicate with them. The things that look like Greys sound like what @Not A Rockstar and I call "snails". Banish those b****es with whatever technique you use.The hooded man could be a "Thoughtform" but I need more info.

Thanks for warning. I wont try to communicate. This one as you called "snail",  was a little kid of "snails", i recognized that its kid by its childish movements and it was smaller..I think this snail hoped that i will be scared and when he saw that i wasnt scared he just walked away.If you find more info write it down im really curious.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, The Wistman said:

Daido Loori instructed that these various visual/sensual intrusions are proofs of the ego-mind fighting back, trying to destabilize the sitter's concentration that is nullifying its dominance.  Sometimes they rise at the most inopportune time with dazzling tricks, trying to get your attention to follow them instead of stillness and non-thought, which is death to the illusory but powerful ego.  I like the term mind-monkeys.  At the time I was studying, we were instructed to ignore them entirely as distractive illusions, and if they wouldn't go away, to see through them, turning them transparent while maintaining focus on the breath, or hara, or heart, etc.  One of the biggest challenges to meditation practice, IMO.

Yeah that's it man, i was meditating on ego.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Relam said:

Thanks for warning. I wont try to communicate. This one as you called "snail",  was a little kid of "snails", i recognized that its kid by its childish movements and it was smaller..I think this snail hoped that i will be scared and when he saw that i wasnt scared he just walked away.If you find more info write it down im really curious.

Nope. You saw correctly. They move like little kids and act like mean little kids. Powerless elementals from the "Other Place". 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Piney said:

Nope. You saw correctly. They move like little kids and act like mean little kids. Powerless elementals from the "Other Place". 

Now i dont know if this is the egomind fighting back or this is real LoL  Are they dangerous? Is there anything to read about them?

56 minutes ago, Relam said:

Now i dont know if this is the egomind fighting back or this is real LoL  Are they dangerous? Is there anything to read about them?

Like I said. Powerless. They might be a product of the Ego Mind. I always felt they were a Thoughtform.

• Like 4

Ive had my fair share of such things and nothing I have encountered has ever seemed interested in communication.  In my 20s I had moments where it was the Greys - either right in my face (close up with trickily, moist eyes) or close by in groups (seemingly oblivious to my presence) performing their day to day routines.  On one occasion I saw a baby grey held in someones palm - which freaked me out after a few seconds.

In my mid 30s onwards Ive had sparse moments where such visions returned.  A female reptilian person with bandages wrapped below the mouth and along the forehead.  A lady from the wild western times dressed in a tight, emerald gown.  A tall male figure in a tan coloured, patterned robe, no hair, oval black eyes.

My last vision (a few years back) was of a grey like creature who was talking to someone far off.  It then approached me and stared at me.  White skin, large human eyes with orange eyeballs, human baby nose and lips.  Its forehead carried smoothed ridges or bumps which trailed off above and behind its head.  I spoke to it, said hello. It didnt reply, watched me alittle longer and then turned and headed off.

Edit:  I assumed that the orange eyed guy was silent because it/he was scanning me or reading me...the friend or foe idea sprang to mind.

Edited by Mark One
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Relam said:

Sounds like an aspect of your inner child. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mark One said:

Ive had my fair share of such things and nothing I have encountered has ever seemed interested in communication.  In my 20s I had moments where it was the Greys - either right in my face (close up with trickily, moist eyes) or close by in groups (seemingly oblivious to my presence) performing their day to day routines.  On one occasion I saw a baby grey held in someones palm - which freaked me out after a few seconds.

In my mid 30s onwards Ive had sparse moments where such visions returned.  A female reptilian person with bandages wrapped below the mouth and along the forehead.  A lady from the wild western times dressed in a tight, emerald gown.  A tall male figure in a tan coloured, patterned robe, no hair, oval black eyes.

My last vision (a few years back) was of a grey like creature who was talking to someone far off.  It then approached me and stared at me.  White skin, large human eyes with orange eyeballs, human baby nose and lips.  Its forehead carried smoothed ridges or bumps which trailed off above and behind its head.  I spoke to it, said hello. It didnt reply, watched me alittle longer and then turned and headed off.

Edit:  I assumed that the orange eyed guy was silent because it/he was scanning me or reading me...the friend or foe idea sprang to mind.

Damn, i cant believe that others see similar things. It must be something. Its weird that we all saw that grey snail thing and it stared right in our face.

The one that i saw  was somethin like this, area around eyes was like in picture and eyes were black and moist like you said

Related image

Edited by Relam
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Relam said:

I never read any books on "woo".  I took what I learned from 2 uncles and a grandfather and went from there.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Piney said:

I never read any books on "woo".  I took what I learned from 2 uncles and a grandfather and went from there.

The books will confuse the hell out of you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@Relam I've only encountered these things when someone got their hands on my Ceremonial Items and was holding ceremonies against me. I was having SP and seizures at the same time. I came back here looking for "air support" from a old friend. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Piney said:

@Relam I've only encountered these things when someone got their hands on my Ceremonial Items and was holding ceremonies against me. I was having SP and seizures at the same time. I came back here looking for "air support" from a old friend. 

I am not really expirienced into deep stuff like ceremonies, i do bioenergetic exercises before weight training and after that i meditate couple of time just to clear mind and relax before training,and things start to happen, then i meditate longer just to see what are those things. :ph34r:

• Like 1

Just now, Relam said:

I am not really expirienced into deep stuff like ceremonies, i do bioenergetic exercises before weight training and after that i meditate couple of time just to clear mind and relax before training,and things start to happen, then i meditate longer just to see what are those things. :ph34r:

I'm what's known to my tribe as a "Kiimochnii". A "Night Walker". What they call in Vodou a "Bokor". I play with bad "woo".

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Piney said:

I'm what's known to my tribe as a "Kiimochnii". A "Night Walker". What they call in Vodou a "Bokor". I play with bad "woo".

Thats amazing, respect. So crazy stuff happening in the invisible world?

9 minutes ago, Relam said:

Thats amazing, respect. So crazy stuff happening in the invisible world?

Most of the time people make their own crazy happenings. Like I said before, I wasn't a active practitioner for a long time. Then I had to defend myself. Now I just do things to get revenge. I can't remember the last time I participated in a ceremony or even meditated.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Piney said:

Most of the time people make their own crazy happenings. Like I said before, I wasn't a active practitioner for a long time. Then I had to defend myself. Now I just do things to get revenge. I can't remember the last time I participated in a ceremony or even meditated.

But who attacked you? Do expiriences with ayahuasca have a lot selfmade crazy happenings or?

2 minutes ago, Relam said:

But who attacked you? Do expiriences with ayahuasca have a lot selfmade crazy happenings or?

Drugs don't make "woo". They are actually a bad idea.  You should read @Not A Rockstar's blog.  I'm Algonquian. I use music and concentration then draw out symbols. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2