Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Small Shadow in the Doorway

xEverRoseKillingsx

I was hoping that you guys could help me figure out what exactly I saw as a child. This story is 100% true. 

I grew up on a 60 acre hobby farm in central Minnesota. The property has an extensive history of being settled on by Native Americans. Artifacts such as arrow heads, ax heads, and other toolshave been found there. There was talk of the land possibly being home to a burial ground due to it being rather “hilly” compared to the surrounding land and properties but that was never confirmed. I’m not sure if an of that is relevant to what happened but I thought I would mention it. 

So here’s some background.... 

I was a very imaginative child. My imagination also made me terrified of the dark. I would imagine monsters of all sorts in the darkest corners of my room waiting for me to fall asleep. So that they could drag me away into the darkness to gobble me up, never to be seen again. That being said I never actually saw anything. I usually just had the feeling of being watched. Which being 8 years old made it hard to sleep or actually want to sleep in my room. Yes, I was the kid that would sneak into their parents room at night to sleep. Don’t judge me. Because of this my parents would come to check on me a couple of times to make sure that I was asleep before going to bed themselves. When they would put me to bed  I would also ask that my door be cracked open and the hallway light be left on. In my child mind that was a perfect way to see my parent coming down the hallway coming to check on my so that I could hide my Barbies I would play with when I was supposed to be sleeping. It was also something that I thought would keep the monsters away. 

It was a typical night. My parents had put me to bed, leaving the door cracked and the hallway light on. After being checked on and hearing the basement door close, which is where my parents room was, I pulled out my dolls and their accessories from beneath my bed. A few tea parties later I heard foot steps coming down the hallway, the floor creaking as the grew closer. Thinking it was one of my parents I threw the dolls and the accessories back underneath my bed. I turned and laid down so that I was facing the wall. As the footsteps grew closer I expected a shadow to appear like one usually did when my parents checked on me. But when the foot stepped stopped, no shadow was on the pink wall that I was looking at. Suddenly I felt a soft tap on my mattress on the side nearest the doorway. Out of curiosity I rolled over to see if my cat had jumped up to join me. Instead of seeing a black and white cat, I saw the clothes of my dolls being thrown up and over the edge of my bed. This startled me for obvious reasons. I knew I had thrown those far beneath the bed. Heart pounding I looked to the door way to find a small shadow, about 3 1/2 feet tall, standing in the door way. It was very stout and I couldn’t make out any sort of features. I closed my eyes and screamed for my parents, hoping they would hear me and chase away what ever this thing was. My mother came running up stairs to ask me what was wrong. Of course this thing was already gone by the time she arrived. So,  I told her the story and of course she didn’t believe me. She told me it was just my imagination. But I can tell you that what I saw was real. I don’t know what it was or what its intentions were. I haven’t seen it since. I’ve been wanting to know what this thing was for so long and this is my first time sharing this story. Do any of you know what this thing was or have any similar experiences? I would love to hear them. 

Edited by xEverRoseKillingsx

Don't you feel annoyed that you didn't see the ghost of an actual Native American? Say, a 'Searchers'-style Brave? Or a beautiful squaw?

You probably was deep dreaming, without you realising it

• Like 1

It's always a Indian burial ground.........

My family farm on Mantua Creek was inhabited for thousands of years and a major site ( it's historically preserved and can't be built on) I had a actual room built in my farmhouse to house all the artifacts. I was also the "Token Medicine Man" for several archaeologists and a museum. I've been at many burial grounds and handled many grave goods. 

Your issues sound like PK activity created by your own mind. Poltergeists is what they call them.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Carlos Allende said:

Don't you feel annoyed that you didn't see the ghost of an actual Native American? Say, a 'Searchers'-style Brave? Or a beautiful squaw?

Don't use the term squaw. To a Indian woman it's like the "C" word......

• Like 2

Many of us here have seen things like this. The only thing that stands out is you seeing it while you were awake. I’ve heard of it before, but far as I can tell it’s kinda rare. 

One person on here who I trust has seen similar things, so I certainly believe it’s possible you are telling the truth. No offense meant in that, but we are just meeting. 

Now whether it’s something you brought to life, or an actual entity is hard to say. Cool experience though. Being it happened so long ago, obviously you aren’t looking for help. Thanks for sharing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you! You are correct I’m not seeking help. I’m more so interested in any other stories or to see if maybe any one could give a clue to what it was. 

I don’t take offense at all. I completely understand. The reason why I believe I was not sleeping is the fact that I remember it so vividly. I’m the kind of person that forgets dreams, even vivid ones shortly after having them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xEverRoseKillingsx said:

Thank you! You are correct I’m not seeking help. I’m more so interested in any other stories or to see if maybe any one could give a clue to what it was. 

I don’t take offense at all. I completely understand. The reason why I believe I was not sleeping is the fact that I remember it so vividly. I’m the kind of person that forgets dreams, even vivid ones shortly after having them. 

Well I have come to believe that Shadow Ghosts are real entities.

Also I have come  to believe when people feel sure something was real, there is a good chance it was. Kind of reminds me of things like Near Death Experiences where experiencers say they know it was real but the materialist-minded will tell us it was an imagination.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, xEverRoseKillingsx said:

Ok I got one for ya. This happened a few years back. At the time I had never heard of shadow people. 

I wake up around 5:30 am one summer morning, sun light is shining through the window, room is brightly lit. I go to sit up, before I even get half way up though I see as plain as day a pitch black cloud at the end of my bed. It was swirling around like a tornado. 

I got a good hard look at it, when I realize it’s starting to move towards my side of the bed. So I quickly lay back down and pull the covers right over my head. 

I was absolutely terrified laying under those covers. Within seconds sweat was literally pouring off my body. I had a overwhelming feeling that this thing was incredibly powerful. That there was nothing I could do to stop it from doing whatever it wanted to me. 

I laid there as still as I could. Consciously I told myself to not move a single muscle. As if all this wasn’t strange enough, this next part gets far more crazy.

A couple minutes had past and to my surprise I wasn’t attacked. For a second I had a small sense of relief. Then I had a horrible thought. That it was going to attack my son in the next room over. 

I sprung out of bed as quickly as I could, and ran to my bedroom door. There I watched this thing pass right through my sons closed bedroom door. Now it could have made it to my sons room long before I figured out what was going on, but it’s like it waited for me. It wanted me to see what it was doing. 

Now this is not my proudest parental moment, but in that doorway I froze. I couldn’t move a muscle. This deep panic began to fill my stomach. I couldn’t move forward, nor could I not. 

So i did the only thing I could think to do. I put my hands together, closed my eyes and began to pray. “Dear Lord” were the only words that came out of my mouth when I heard what sounded like a whip crack right at my feet. I opened my eyes to see this huge spark fly right off the floor. 

That spark turned into a flame, and it began to grow. A perfect circle of fire that didn’t actually burn anything began to quickly grow. To spread outward in every direction. As it did I myself lifted off the ground, ascended through my ceiling, and kept rising nearly to the clouds. The whole time continuing to see this fire spread for miles. Till I could no longer see it. 

Next thing I knew I was standing back in my bedroom doorway. The entire vibe in the house changed completely. Like the air had been cleansed. 

I checked on my son, and he was sleeping peacefully. The whole experience had brought me through emotions so extreme that I found myself exhausted. I decided to go back to bed, and had to lay some towels down cause of the pool of sweat I had left there when it all began.

Anyhow after I woke up I thought to myself that it must have all been a dream, but I could never shake just how overwhelmingly real it all felt. That I had never had any dream like it ever. 

After talking with some really cool people right here on this site, I learned all about out of body experiences, and altered states of consciousness. I’ve since had many amazing experiences through them. 

That was my first shadow experience. 

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 2