Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Couple report 'Bigfoot' sighting in New Jersey

UM-Bot

• The title was changed to Couple report 'Bigfoot' sighting in New Jersey

So all they saw was a brown flash and they conclude it is a BF?   Absurd.

• Like 4

Sasquatch? In New Jersey? Not a chance, the population density is far too large. Probably a bear or a moose.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

While I think the idea of Bigfoot is silly, I will say NJ has some huge areas of forests especially in the Pine Barrens area.

• Like 1

Man, the good gentleman is getting around lately....Scottland, New Jersey....who wants to bet the next time someone sees Bigfoot it will be at Bondi Beach, Australia?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Podo said:

Sasquatch? In New Jersey? Not a chance, the population density is far too large. Probably a bear or a moose.

or nothing more than a made up story.... probably

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Merc14 said:

So all they saw was a brown flash and they conclude it is a BF?   Absurd.

yep

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

Man, the good gentleman is getting around lately....Scottland, New Jersey....who wants to bet the next time someone sees Bigfoot it will be at Bondi Beach, Australia?

He certainly does get around.:rolleyes:

We call them a Yowie in Australia.

http://www.yowiehunters.com.au/index.php/what-is-a-yowie

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

or nothing more than a made up story.... probably

I think it's more common for people to be wrong than it is for them to straight-up lie.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gertdogg said:

While I think the idea of Bigfoot is silly, I will say NJ has some huge areas of forests especially in the Pine Barrens area.

Yup, and I spent  over 35 years bushwhacking from one end to the other looking for him here. 

He's not. 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Podo said:

I think it's more common for people to be wrong than it is for them to straight-up lie.

IMO BF & the like don't exist. Therefore to me, it's either a made up a story or they're wrong- I really don't care which one it is:D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

IMO BF & the like don't exist. Therefore to me, it's either a made up a story or they're wrong- I really don't care which one it is:D

I think she saw something; what, I have no idea, but a BF it was not. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Piney said:

Yup, and I spent  over 35 years bushwhacking from one end to the other looking for him here. 

He's not. 

Maybe he just moved in? :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I was focused on driving then I saw something for a split second in my rear-view mirror. It was definitely Bigfoot.

• Haha 2

I'm a fan of bigfoot, but I'm not sure what can actually be seen (at night?) from a split second in a mirror while concentrating on the road ahead.

I see stuff all the time in my rear view mirror, and then have to take a serious look back to see what it really was. Usually a leaf, or a bit of paper, or even just a moving shadow of a tree on the road.

EDIT: Article says it was during the day. And that bigfoot was six foot tall and kind of thin.

Might be a sighting of a hobo sapien.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Haha 4

Big brown and furry in NJ?  There are a lot of big deer in PA and NJ.  Of course it could be someone who lost everything at Atlantic City and has been wandering the woods trying to get home.  Must have been a slow real news day for KYW.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Merc14 said:

I think she saw something; what, I have no idea, but a BF it was not. 

Most of the reports turn out to be bears.

The "Jersey Devil" books by McCloy and Miller outright lied about many of the Bigfoot reports. 3 in Chatsworth are easy to debunk. I was one of the hockey players on Paradise Lake. It was a joker with a Planet of the Apes mask , the "Screams that were louder than the swamp loggers chainsaws" was Mr. Slater's pet peacock and finally Asa Engle's pigs were killed by wild dogs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

17 hours ago, Dejarma said:

Yeah I don't think sasquatches are real either, but I do think it is worth drawing distinction between mistaken identification and outright hoaxing. Hoaxers are actively malicious, whereas the others are just wrong or stupid.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Podo said:

but I do think it is worth drawing distinction between mistaken identification and outright hoaxing

how would you go about doing that?

3 hours ago, Dejarma said:

how would you go about doing that?

Because there's a difference between the two. Writing every sighting off as a hoax is a lot different than writing everything off as someone being wrong. I just think there's a difference between the two and that they shouldn't be viewed as the same thing. People are incompetent a lot more often than they are malicious.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Podo said:

Because there's a difference between the two. Writing every sighting off as a hoax is a lot different than writing everything off as someone being wrong. I just think there's a difference between the two and that they shouldn't be viewed as the same thing. People are incompetent a lot more often than they are malicious.

all due respect but you didn't answer the question= how would you work out who's hoaxing & who's misidentifying? you can't, can you!! so where does that leave us?

it means nothing to me because my basic logic & common sense tells me something like BF cannot exist. But for those who believe, & in some cases spend time effort & no doubt money on looking for BF= It Aint Much Help, is it!

Oh well, there ya go..................

5 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

all due respect but you didn't answer the question= how would you work out who's hoaxing & who's misidentifying? you can't, can you!! so where does that leave us?

it means nothing to me because my basic logic & common sense tells me something like BF cannot exist. But for those who believe, & in some cases spend time effort & no doubt money on looking for BF= It Aint Much Help, is it!

Oh well, there ya go..................

Ah, I misunderstood what you meant. In terms of a report like this, you can't really definitively prove whether it is a hoax or not unless you went to interview the people or had some evidence of their misdeeds or somesuch.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Podo said:

Yeah I don't think sasquatches are real either, but I do think it is worth drawing distinction between mistaken identification and outright hoaxing. Hoaxers are actively malicious, whereas the others are just wrong or stupid.

Outright hoaxing like the guys who had the "Bigfoot" in ice a few years back (Rick Dyer) No mistaken identification there.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/US/08/21/bigfoot.hoax/

Edited by Vilasarius
  • Like 2