Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Couple report 'Bigfoot' sighting in New Jersey

UM-Bot

8 minutes ago, Podo said:

or had some evidence of their misdeeds or somesuch.

well no one's going to have real solid job done evidence of the existence of BF IMO- so weeding out a few liers is the best folk are going to get i recon ;) oh what fun

• Like 1

On 5/17/2018 at 6:59 PM, Dejarma said:

well no one's going to have real solid job done evidence of the existence of BF IMO- so weeding out a few liers is the best folk are going to get i recon ;) oh what fun

That's all I did for 35 years. Find bear tracks, BS or the one joker in the Capa's monkey suit who wanted to be shot by a hunter. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Piney said:

That's all I did for 35 years. Find bear tracks, BS or the one joker in the Capa's monkey suit who wanted to be shot by a hunter. 

This is actually a really good way to get shot.  There are guys out in ghillie suits with sniper rifles trying to bag one, so you hoax at your own risk these days.  I've always thought how stupid some these hoaxers must be.  If they only knew some of the people I know....serious hunters that are trying to put a specimen on the table they would think twice.  Although most of these guys have seen the real thing at least once, so they would probably recognize some idiot in a suit.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Faustus said:

Although most of these guys have seen the real thing at least once, so they would probably recognize some idiot in a suit.  

not very good shots then?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dejarma said:

not very good shots then?

Snarky and smug.  I bet you would sh** your pants if I took you with me into some of these areas.  Not easy to get a good shot in deciduous jungle.  Piney knows how thick the bush can be I'm sure.  Trying to set a good blind, and get a clear shot on something so far superior to you in their domain is almost impossible.  He is in his own living room.  You are completely outmatched, outwitted in every way.  They travel in family groups, troops.  Whatever, I'm not here to convince you of anything.  It really cracks me up that many of you here have never even wandered into a forest by accident, yet you act as if you are an expert on everything in it.  :lol:

Go ahead an parse out each sentence that you want me to submit evidence of.  Let the pile on commence.  Who cares?  I know what I know, no need to have your stamp of authenticity on it.  Good Night Irene.

\

Edited by Faustus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Faustus said:

This is actually a really good way to get shot.  There are guys out in ghillie suits with sniper rifles trying to bag one, so you hoax at your own risk these days.  I've always thought how stupid some these hoaxers must be.  If they only knew some of the people I know....serious hunters that are trying to put a specimen on the table they would think twice.  Although most of these guys have seen the real thing at least once, so they would probably recognize some idiot in a suit.  

I was watching a group who had wandered into Ocean Spray property for about 2 days. I knew they were armed but I only saw one wearing a sidearm. I was more watching out for a female cougar which I didn't want to see shot or even discovered because many of the locals saw her as a "mascot". I screwed up and made some noise and about 10 rounds was thrown in my direction. I radioed the rangers who came and busted them. They found a Win. 700 mag in their truck. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Faustus said:

It really cracks me up that many of you here have never even wandered into a forest by accident, yet you act as if you are an expert on everything in it.  :lol:

how many 'experts of the forest' believe BF exists?  Could you put forward a percentage? Have a guess if you want because i'd assume there hasn't been a survey...just out of interest

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Faustus said:

It really cracks me up that many of you here have never even wandered into a forest by accident, yet you act as if you are an expert on everything in it.  :lol:

I do not make any claim to be an expert. I have gone on extensive hunting/ hiking expeditions for more than 30 years though. I have had the fortune to have been to some very remote and absolutely wonderful areas in both Canada and the U.S. Additionally, I have spent my fair time of work related "camping"  domestically and abroad during my 24 year Army career.

During all of those various outings I have never, ever seen or heard anything that falls under the BF umbrella of interest.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Trelane said:

I do not make any claim to be an expert. I have gone on extensive hunting/ hiking expeditions for more than 30 years though. I have had the fortune to have been to some very remote and absolutely wonderful areas in both Canada and the U.S. Additionally, I have spent my fair time of work related "camping"  domestically and abroad during my 24 year Army career.

During all of those various outings I have never, ever seen or heard anything that falls under the BF umbrella of interest.

If you think about it. Nobody at Ft. Lewis has ever reported a Bigfoot. That says something in itself......

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Piney said:

If you think about it. Nobody at Ft. Lewis has ever reported a Bigfoot. That says something in itself......

Not during my time stationed there and not from anyone I ever knew from there.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Trelane said:

Not during my time stationed there and not from anyone I ever knew from there.

Well, if one the Gold Company guys ghosted one, they probably wouldn't of reported it. Just chalked it up as bushmeat and ate it. :lol:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I mean, anything’s possible. If Bigfoot does exist, it could be an undiscovered species which explains why people apparently see them in so many areas. I also heard about people dressing in Bigfoot suits while in the woods. On that TV show “Finding Bigfoot” the Bigfoot they had on camera clearly looked fake, though the sound affects sounded real. 

But I agree, sometimes people see things that may look like Bigfoot, and that’s what they immediately think to. Remember that news article about people in California mountains seeing the yeti? 

A few years ago I was hiking through the reservation with a couple of people and we saw Bigfoot. We thought it was a bear at first, then a dog,  but then we decided it was Bigfoot. (Not, this is just a joke. What I’m trying to say is sometimes people see something that might look like Bigfoot - let’s say a bear - and then make it into something bigger so it attracts more attention. Usually they actually think that’s what they saw even though it probably wasn’t.)

Edited by Nightsoul

• 2 weeks later...

I've always thought bigfoot,yowie are feral people that have grown large amounts of hair,and everything you see in the bush looks larger than life.Escaped pigs turn feral within one generation,even the first escapee grows more hair and larger tusks than if it had stayed captive,I don't know if humans are that different.

2 hours ago, openozy said:

I've always thought bigfoot,yowie are feral people that have grown large amounts of hair,and everything you see in the bush looks larger than life.Escaped pigs turn feral within one generation,even the first escapee grows more hair and larger tusks than if it had stayed captive,I don't know if humans are that different.

Feral humans rarely get larger

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Merc14 said:

Feral humans rarely get larger

I think people might think its a larger creature as cats etc look bigger in the bush if on an incline and with only trees to compare it to.Footprints in mud, wet ground spread out.Not dismissing a real bigfoot, just another possibility.

I think people might think its a larger creature as cats etc look bigger in the bush if on an incline and with only trees to compare it to.Footprints in mud, wet ground spread out.Not dismissing a real bigfoot, just another possibility.

I am familiar with the phenomenon but does it seem likely that humans living in the wild on what must be a very poor diet could be confused with an 8foot, 600 lb hairy monster.  I can count on two hands the number of feral people ever discovered so there is nothing to support your hypothesis.   The numbers don't match up in any way, neither size-wise or in population density.  Think about it, there would have to be thousands of feral humans from the wealthiest nation is human history living in the wild for generations and growing to inhuman sizes to make this believable.  Seriously?

• Like 1

On 5/22/2018 at 8:38 AM, Faustus said:

Although most of these guys have seen the real thing at least once..

So they told you....

But you do have a really tough lookin' avatar and major attitude, so I'm absolutely convinced they weren't having a laugh at your expense.

But there is no hard evidence of 800lb bigfoot beings where there is feral people.A few years ago here there was a big bushfire in far west nsw,my mate on the fire brigade said people that were driven from their bush homes were a very scary bunch.They had lived for generations with little outside contact.Not feral as in animal feral but pretty wild.I imagine these types would be in most countries.I think the size of these beings is exaggerated by fear,but I still am open with this.

6 hours ago, openozy said:

But there is no hard evidence of 800lb bigfoot beings where there is feral people.A few years ago here there was a big bushfire in far west nsw,my mate on the fire brigade said people that were driven from their bush homes were a very scary bunch.They had lived for generations with little outside contact.Not feral as in animal feral but pretty wild.I imagine these types would be in most countries.I think the size of these beings is exaggerated by fear,but I still am open with this.

I think I understand what you are saying and concur that some sightings could be blamed on people who live in the wild just like people who see bears think they are witnessing a Bigfoot. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Merc14 said:

I think I understand what you are saying and concur that some sightings could be blamed on people who live in the wild just like people who see bears think they are witnessing a Bigfoot. 

Don't think I'm a non believer,I was hunting pigs with a pack of dogs in thick scrub and caught a glimpse of red /brown shaggy hair ahead and thought instantly it was a red deer,as we got closer the wind changed and the dogs came back to heel looking frightened and there was a strong animal smell I'd never smelt before.If it was a deer the dog would have gone after it as they had before.

1 hour ago, openozy said:

Don't think I'm a non believer,I was hunting pigs with a pack of dogs in thick scrub and caught a glimpse of red /brown shaggy hair ahead and thought instantly it was a red deer,as we got closer the wind changed and the dogs came back to heel looking frightened and there was a strong animal smell I'd never smelt before.If it was a deer the dog would have gone after it as they had before.

That doesn't sound very convincing to me.  That is the problem with BF, the whole thing makes little sense and the preponderance of evidence is anecdotes like this. 

• Like 1

The dogs were pitbull/mastiff crosses and were afraid of nothing,man or beast.I don't know what it was I saw but the dogs didn't want a part of it.It is not proof but weird.

Edited by openozy

59 minutes ago, openozy said:

The dogs were pitbull/mastiff crosses and were afraid of nothing,man or beast.I don't know what it was I saw but the dogs didn't want a part of it.It is not proof but weird.

Apparently they were afraid of this so....  I'm just wondering why you default to Bigfoot?  Is nothing else possible, something not bizarre?  How about a giant feral pig that your fearless dogs said "F no" about going after?

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 2

You don't know what it was is the correct conclusion.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Merc14 said:

Apparently they were afraid of this so....  I'm just wondering why you default to Bigfoot?  Is nothing else possible, something not bizarre?  How about a giant feral pig that your fearless dogs said "F no" about going after?

You have been watching too many cheap ozzy movies(Razorback) anyway I don't know what it was but it was no pig or deer.I don't think I mentioned what it was.