Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Couple report 'Bigfoot' sighting in New Jersey

UM-Bot

6 hours ago, openozy said:

You have been watching too many cheap ozzy movies(Razorback) anyway I don't know what it was but it was no pig or deer.I don't think I mentioned what it was.

No idea what that movie is but over here in the states there are areas being overrun by massive feral pigs.  My point, or question I should say, was why default to an animal of which there is zero proof of its existence?

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 2

This BF report is so nebulous I would not be surprised that the brown flash in the rear view mirror was a turkey vulture. `

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wouldn't expect to find Eastern Moose that far south, they wander into Pennsylvania sometimes though

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Merc14 said:

No idea what that movie is but over here in the states there are areas being overrun by massive feral pigs.  My point, or question I should say, was why default to an animal of which there is zero proof of its existence?

My point, or question I should say, was why default to an animal of which there is zero proof of its existence?

Human nature....I did not see any video other than the Patterson-Gimlin one is there something I am missing here?

Edited by Alien Origins

There's a good amount of sightings in New Jersey. The hot spots you wouldn't think of, though, are Ohio, Florida, and Texas. 

46 minutes ago, Dunbaraj said:

There's a good amount of sightings in New Jersey. The hot spots you wouldn't think of, though, are Ohio, Florida, and Texas. 

99 percent are misidentified bears and practical jokers. I looked into them all.  Brushbeat the densest and biggest swamps nobody goes into for 35 years. There is no Bigfoot here.

• Like 5

On 6/22/2018 at 11:17 AM, stereologist said:

Unlikely to be a moose. Deer carry a parasite that prevents deer and moose territory to overlap.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moose_sickness

On prehistoric sites in New Jersey we have found Eastern bison and elk but no moose so this has probably been the case for a long time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

On prehistoric sites in New Jersey we have found Eastern bison and elk but no moose so this has probably been the case for a long time.

That's fascinating. It tells us that there is a good likelihood that the parasite has been lethal to moose for a long time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stereologist said:

That's fascinating. It tells us that there is a good likelihood that the parasite has been lethal to moose for a long time.

You have to watch them little snails with horses and humans too. They get into the outhouses at the campgrounds and get people sick or find their way into low wet pastures.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Yep!!!! "  That's fascinating " , if there's an active one online that'd be even better, who'd of ever thought to draw up a map for a certain area to look back through time on what species was there? at any given time -- COOL!!!!!!!

HOLY! thanks for that info Piney """"""  You have to watch them little snails with horses and humans too. They get into the outhouses at the campgrounds and get people sick or find their way into low wet pastures.   "

Edited by MWoo7
added [ ... at any given time -- ]
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, stereologist said:

I believe that it also affects llamas

My friend Neil had them.

I'll stick with horses.......... 

32 minutes ago, MWoo7 said:

Yep!!!! "  That's fascinating " , if there's an active one online that'd be even better, who'd of ever thought to draw up a map for a certain area to look back through time on what species was there? at any given time -- COOL!!!!!!!

The only thing we never identified from fauna remains was a "horned rattlesnake" described in Swedish, Dutch and English sources. But snake remains are almost as rare as turkey teeth.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Piney said:

The only thing we never identified from fauna remains was a "horned rattlesnake" described in Swedish, Dutch and English sources. But snake remains are almost as rare as turkey teeth.

I have "Dentures" made out of Turkey teeth... 

• Haha 2

Just now, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

I have "Dentures" made out of Turkey teeth... 

Are they bespoke? And are you interested in selling them? 

• Haha 2

Just now, oldrover said:

Are they bespoke? And are you interested in selling them? 

With all that high proof, high dollar scotch you won't have to sterilize them. :tu:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Piney said:

With all that high proof, high dollar scotch you won't have to sterilize them. :tu:

It's the same this end too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/22/2018 at 8:17 AM, stereologist said:

Unlikely to be a moose. Deer carry a parasite that prevents deer and moose territory to overlap.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moose_sickness

That's bonkers. We definitely don't have that issue in Western Canada. The deer here happily live in the shadow of their absurdly large brethren.

2 hours ago, Podo said:

That's bonkers. We definitely don't have that issue in Western Canada. The deer here happily live in the shadow of their absurdly large brethren.

There is a very nice zoo of Canadian wildlife near Lac St Jean in Quebec. Part of the zoo experience is a ride in a caged vehicle through various habitats. The ride has separated sections for deer and moose. The car drives through a sterilizing solution between the moose and deer areas to prevent soil contamination.

https://www.saguenaylacsaintjean.ca/en/members/109?type=activity&type_id=24

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

There is a very nice zoo of Canadian wildlife near Lac St Jean in Quebec. Part of the zoo experience is a ride in a caged vehicle through various habitats. The ride has separated sections for deer and moose. The car drives through a sterilizing solution between the moose and deer areas to prevent soil contamination.

https://www.saguenaylacsaintjean.ca/en/members/109?type=activity&type_id=24

Dang, that's hardcore. I've never heard of this, and after checking my province's government, it doesn't seem like we have that sickness here, it's mainly east of the plains.

Though "Canadian Wildlife" isn't nearly as interesting as you'd think. It's just a bunch of lazy predators, followed by the three varieties of deer-type-things: scared ones (white-tailed), angry ones (elk), and aggressively angry ones (moose). I do a lot of backpacking and wilderness camping, and I would run way harder from a moose than from a bear, cougar, or wolf.

Edited by Podo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Podo said:

Dang, that's hardcore. I've never heard of this, and after checking my province's government, it doesn't seem like we have that sickness here, it's mainly east of the plains.

Though "Canadian Wildlife" isn't nearly as interesting as you'd think. It's just a bunch of lazy predators, followed by the three varieties of deer-type-things: scared ones (white-tailed), angry ones (elk), and aggressively angry ones (moose). I do a lot of backpacking and wilderness camping, and I would run way harder from a moose than from a bear, cougar, or wolf.

Moose are scary. The park has musk ox, wolverine, mink, polar bears, wolves, caribou, brown bears too. It's a great place. If you go there take the last car of the cages. The alpha musk ox used to ram it and knock people silly. Great show. Ther eis a multimedia show before you enter the zoo. It snows in the theater during the winter scenes.

4 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Moose are scary. The park has musk ox, wolverine, mink, polar bears, wolves, caribou, brown bears too. It's a great place. If you go there take the last car of the cages. The alpha musk ox used to ram it and knock people silly. Great show. Ther eis a multimedia show before you enter the zoo. It snows in the theater during the winter scenes.

Oh yeah, I guess we do have polar bear, don't we? I'm fairly inexperienced with east/north coast wildlife, I'm resoundingly locked to the western rainforests and the northern rockies. I'd totally go into a cage and get hammered by an ox, what a ride! Unfortunately I don't know any French so going to Quebec is not high on the priority list :lol:

Edited by Podo

3 minutes ago, Podo said:

Oh yeah, I guess we do have polar bear, don't we? I'm fairly ignorant of east/north coast wildlife, I'm resoundingly locked to the western rainforests and the northern rockies. I'd totally go into a cage and get hammered by an ox, what a ride! Unfortunately I don't know any French so going to Quebec is not high on the priority list :lol:

I want to visit Churchill Manitoba and sit in a cage to watch the polar bears migrate through town.

I should add that there are no bigfoot or bigfoot actors at this zoo. They limit their entertainment to known land mammals.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

***Update*** I just spent two weeks camping west of Sullivan Mountain in Washington. Still no big scary ape-men. Not a sound, scream, howl, footprint or encounter. Nothing, nothing at all.

• Thanks 1