Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Faustus

Ok...I've hesitated to post this experience for fear of ridicule, but I'm convinced now that this is beyond coincidence so please fire away your postulations of what could be causing it. 

I see the number 9 1 1  in succession and isolated almost too often to be coincidence.  I don't just mean clocks, watches, although that's the most common way.  I'm mean rolling odometers, digital programming timers of every sort, signs, just about every way one could imagine.  It's occurs so often that though I assumed initially my mind was programming itself to subliminally look for these numbers, I can't account for why I would happen to glance at rolling timers at exactly 9:11 on everything from youtube vids, to dvr, to vehicle odometers, etc.  It happens so much it's really freaking me out.  

I'm asking...has anyone else ever had this experience with numbers.  Can this be explained biologically?  It's kind of starting to creep me out. 

• Like 3

Food for thought. Repeatedly Seeing 911

Apparently it's been happening more often lately per the write-up

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1

Hmmm....I'm not sure what to think, but Thank You for sharing the info.  I've never experienced anything like this in my entire life and it's been occuring for several years now, since 2008.  I assumed it was coincidence initially, but the rolling odometers and random nature of observing it in multiple ways has me wondering.  Thanks for the feedback.  

1 hour ago, Faustus said:

It's occurs so often that though I assumed initially my mind was programming itself to subliminally look for these numbers

imo i'd say your assumption is probably correct 

• Like 2

You probably see lots of numbers all the time, but you focus on when you see 911, possibly because of the significance of it.

• Like 2

Hi Chaos Rose,

You could be right.  I have not noticed random numbers grouped together in this format, and in such a variety of ways, but I'm very open to the possibility of it being a neurologically related.  Our brain is an amazing organic machine. Thanks for your reply.

5 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

You probably see lots of numbers all the time, but you focus on when you see 911, possibly because of the significance of it.

• Like 1

If it is a message or significant, versus just being a number you notice now, you could try asking what it is to mean to you. However feels natural for you - simply ask that. In prayer, meditation, simply out loud next time you see it, a note written out and folded once and placed under a small candle, whatever feels alright for you in an effort to ask the question of the cosmos so-to-speak. If nothing comes back, ok. If something becomes clear, well, ok too :)

Another idea that drifted to me is did you lose a friend or relative or relative in the violence or aftermath of 9/11? Perhaps they are just letting you know they are around, if so.

It is most likely that this is just you noticing it enough to now look for it, but, who knows for sure? I have only had this happen once, and I still am annoyed I did not get it (and also that why could they not have simply TOLD ME?). There was a pick three game in Florida back then, and all this one day everywhere I looked I kept seeing these three same numbers. I mean it was everywhere. I don't play the lotto so never made the connection and yes, those three numbers won that night :/ 

I was so p***ed, and ranted at them to do it again, I would buy a ticket next time LOL. It has never happened again, naturally. I think it was worth only like 500 bucks but still.... *shrugs*

what can you do?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Faustus said:

I'm asking...has anyone else ever had this experience with numbers.  Can this be explained biologically?  It's kind of starting to creep me out. 

IDK why but this happens to me with the numbers 420. I know I know rather cliché and immature but still, ill go through phases where no matter where I look I see 420. My work spans multiple time zones regularly so that amplifies the possibility I suppose. 

I think its the same thing as when you buy a new car, or decide you like a particular model and then you start seeing them everywhere. Something in your brain is simply picking out the familiar and because you've become aware of it its registering it more than other number combinations. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

IDK why but this happens to me with the numbers 420. I know I know rather cliché and immature but still, ill go through phases where no matter where I look I see 420. My work spans multiple time zones regularly so that amplifies the possibility I suppose. 

I think its the same thing as when you buy a new car, or decide you like a particular model and then you start seeing them everywhere. Something in your brain is simply picking out the familiar and because you've become aware of it its registering it more than other number combinations. 

Food for thought, Farmer. I did a quick search and you are not the only one seeing this 420 just too much. Angel Number 420

You know, numerology and astrology are two subjects I never have had an interest in. They seemed ridiculous to me. Now, the older and wiser I get, how do I put a limit on the subtle interconnectedness of everything in this universe. This universe has totally amazed me on enough paranormal subjects that I have learned to be more humble in the face of numerology and astrology.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Thanks 1

Numerology is something I find interesting, but some sources for it can be vague enough, like astrology horoscopes, to fit nearly anyone. 

Tibetan Numerology is said to be the oldest form and supposedly the most reliable, however a quick google of it today showed me a lot of flaky websites for it now and you have to dig to find a basic reference you can use yourself and experiment with to see what you think. 

Honestly, @papageorge1 , why the heck do they have to add in angels to that stuff? "Angel" numbers my posterior. If these people ever saw a real angel coming at them once they'd quit with that sunshine and light notion of what they are. But, the WORDS they use are a basic understanding of numerology. Then, they add all this whipped cream there :/

I could teach everything they "reveal" there in one blog post to a normally intelligent person.

*wanders off for more coffee, grumbling about angel wings and feathers bs*

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Numerology is something I find interesting, but some sources for it can be vague enough, like astrology horoscopes, to fit nearly anyone. 

Tibetan Numerology is said to be the oldest form and supposedly the most reliable, however a quick google of it today showed me a lot of flaky websites for it now and you have to dig to find a basic reference you can use yourself and experiment with to see what you think. 

Honestly, @papageorge1 , why the heck do they have to add in angels to that stuff? "Angel" numbers my posterior. If these people ever saw a real angel coming at them once they'd quit with that sunshine and light notion of what they are. But, the WORDS they use are a basic understanding of numerology. Then, they add all this whipped cream there :/

I could teach everything they "reveal" there in one blog post to a normally intelligent person.

*wanders off for more coffee, grumbling about angel wings and feathers bs*

:lol:  Oh, Elder Brother!  Maybe you be right and we should put up a website. :lol:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

I am not very familiar with the subject of numerology hence I prefaced the link with 'food for thought' and not an endorsement. Why the angel tie-in would be a question for the site author. What I was saying is that I used to think astrology and numerology were ridiculous but this universe has baffled me enough to make me humble.

Numerology or no numerology, I do believe in positive non-physical entities that some call 'angels'.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

:lol:  Oh, Elder Brother!  Maybe you be right and we should put up a website. :lol:

LOL, I do love you Piney, and you have made me laugh aloud on a grumpy morning! I am now planning the layout and approach for my numerology class on my blog. It might take 2 posts as I would prefer to separate out the master numbers and composite numbers in the second one for an easier explanation of the theory that numerology was...is.... anyway, am about to shower and go to take Mom's car to the shop (naturally the only dealer for hers is 2 hours away) so will be back later. 

Thank you for the grin, buddy, I needed it. 

• Haha 2

Apparently your guardian angel doesn't want you to forget to dial 911 in an emergency.

Your guardian angel doesn't put much stock in your ability to remember three numbers that are plastered all over the place already. I'd get a new one if I were you, this one is a dunce.

Edited by moonman

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I am not very familiar with the subject of numerology hence I prefaced the link with 'food for thought' and not an endorsement. Why the angel tie-in would be a question for the site author. What I was saying is that I used to think astrology and numerology were ridiculous but this universe has baffled me enough to make me humble.

Numerology or no numerology, I do believe in positive non-physical entities that some call 'angels'.

Not picking ON you Papa, just venting the aggravation I feel often over these cotton candied websites out there. Numerology is basic in tools and easy to take from there. Watch my blog for "Numerology 101" and you will know everything that site is based on. 102 will put a thin layer of how to on top. Voila. I liked numerology back in the day, but honestly, it is not very deep by itself but can add some insights into other things. Still, I don't see it as factual, sort of maybe adjectives, not nouns, if that makes sense.

I know a few angels. Have needed to be bailed out a few times in my life. Not one has a feather anywhere but in our imaginations. As Kryon says, we humans always have to put skin and wings on them, for some reason. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

LOL, I do love you Piney, and you have made me laugh aloud on a grumpy morning! I am now planning the layout and approach for my numerology class on my blog. It might take 2 posts as I would prefer to separate out the master numbers and composite numbers in the second one for an easier explanation of the theory that numerology was...is.... anyway, am about to shower and go to take Mom's car to the shop (naturally the only dealer for hers is 2 hours away) so will be back later. 

Thank you for the grin, buddy, I needed it. 

I mean, what the Hell! My Society is already peeved that I'm even posting our "secrets" here! :lol:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

I know a few angels. Have needed to be bailed out a few times in my life. Not one has a feather anywhere but in our imaginations. As Kryon says, we humans always have to put skin and wings on them, for some reason. 

I see value in reaching people where they are at. Angels may even appear in a form people expect and relate with. All of our understandings are moderated by where we are at.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

I see value in reaching people where they are at. Angels may even appear in a form people expect and relate with. All of our understandings are moderated by where we are at.

Helper spirits have no true physical form. They just appear how people expect them to look like. :tu:

• Like 2

I would think that it is just by chance that you recognize them because of the impact of the event. There are times I have bought a car initially thinking that I hadn't seen many of them around and after buying one see them everywhere because I have one. It is just a subconscious awareness.

jmccr8

• Like 3

911 is a common occurrence.

Average YouTube video around 10 min or so, just as your attention is waning, quick check, 9 min and 11 seconds.

Cars are going to do around 100 miles or so every few days, depending on frequency of refueling and commute, my van does around 1 - 2000 miles a week, first bar of fuel gauge extinguishes around 85 miles. Drive 9 miles to work, usually 9.1 miles depending on route.

9:11 will be seen twice a day. 9minutes and 11 seconds will be seen every hour. 

If your in the states, 911 will be on practically EVERY emergency vehicle. 

People are keeping hold of vehicles for longer, I'd never keep a vehicle over 100,000 miles, so sell around 90k, not excessively high mileage but a good bartering point.

It's 2 of the most common numbers, 1 and 9. 

My current odometer display is 166556, I have 110 miles before I'm swamped by 6's. Doesn't mean Beelzebub will pop out the glove box seeing as it's displayed 666, 166 times. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Food for thought, Farmer. I did a quick search and you are not the only one seeing this 420 just too much. Angel Number 420

You know, numerology and astrology are two subjects I never have had an interest in. They seemed ridiculous to me. Now, the older and wiser I get, how do I put a limit on the subtle interconnectedness of everything in this universe. This universe has totally amazed me on enough paranormal subjects that I have learned to be more humble in the face of numerology and astrology.

Holy hell. I clicked on the link expecting some fluff but damn without going into details that really actually is pretty freaking relevant to my life right now. 

• Like 1

On 5/16/2018 at 3:27 PM, Faustus said:

Ok...I've hesitated to post this experience for fear of ridicule, but I'm convinced now that this is beyond coincidence so please fire away your postulations of what could be causing it. 

I see the number 9 1 1  in succession and isolated almost too often to be coincidence.  I don't just mean clocks, watches, although that's the most common way.  I'm mean rolling odometers, digital programming timers of every sort, signs, just about every way one could imagine.  It's occurs so often that though I assumed initially my mind was programming itself to subliminally look for these numbers, I can't account for why I would happen to glance at rolling timers at exactly 9:11 on everything from youtube vids, to dvr, to vehicle odometers, etc.  It happens so much it's really freaking me out.  

I see 666 myself. Odometer, water meter readings, etc.

Yes, I know about the evil connotations, but it's the truth.:huh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

I see 666 myself. Odometer, water meter readings, etc.

Yes, I know about the evil connotations, but it's the truth.:huh:

The number of the beast is actually 616. 666 is a Theological "brain fart".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_the_Beast

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Holy hell. I clicked on the link expecting some fluff but damn without going into details that really actually is pretty freaking relevant to my life right now. 

yup basic numerology is one of the things I studied and found to be of some use in certain applications. I just got annoyed with the angel number stuff. I am going to work on a basic numerology post for the blog soon for anyone curious about the bottom line meanings it ascribes to certain numbers to do what they want with, no angels included.

• Like 1