Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

MSM Deceptions Should Anger All Americans

Krater

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Are you trolling or do you really think you know what’s going on here? All at once all of your beloved media outlets printed the same exact lie. Not just a misrepresentation but an intentional lie meant to anger people, deceive people and drive a mob mentality against the president. It’s not right. Outside of politics do you find it acceptable to lie about a person you don’t like just to get other people to not like them too? 

I disagree that it was an outright lie. 

He never mentioned MS-13 in his response, he only talked about the people they were catching in generic terms, using the exact same kind of language that he uses when discussing any average immigrant. 

This is part of a pattern of careless language on Trump's part, whether intentional or not, he paints with a broad brush when he shouldn't. I watched that clip over and over and came away thinking that yeah considering his history he spoke too carelessly. You're right on a certain level, others would have been given the benefit of the doubt , but others don't have the history on the issue that Trump has. 

If you don't recognize the nationalist dog whistling and outright race baiting that Trump does by now you never will.  

• Like 5

Umm, this seems a bit strange - all these complaints how it was taken out of context, and yet no-one actually posted the context that clarifies it?  I eventually found it myself, and I'd have to agree, yes, taken out of context.  But two things:

- I'm SO glad that this sort of thing doesn't happen on the 'other side' :)

- I would have thought that a sensible diplomat would not have used a generic term like 'people' so loosely in such an emotionally charged sentence, if in fact he was referring to a very particular group.

One other question - what, precisely, is the allegedly unprecedented "level and rate" with which they are being 'removed'?

BTW, I didn't see farmer's post before I posted this - snap! - clearly we are of one mind on this topic..!

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I disagree that it was an outright lie. 

He never mentioned MS-13 in his response, he only talked about the people they were catching in generic terms, using the exact same kind of language that he uses when discussing any average immigrant. 

This is part of a pattern of careless language on Trump's part, whether intentional or not, he paints with a broad brush when he shouldn't. I watched that clip over and over and came away thinking that yeah considering his history he spoke too carelessly. You're right on a certain level, others would have been given the benefit of the doubt , but others don't have the history on the issue that Trump has

If you don't recognize the nationalist dog whistling and outright race baiting that Trump does by now you never will.  

Which is why absolutely no ***** were given for "poor, misunderstood" Trump. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, seanjo said:

What race?

All of them, black, Arabic, latino, African. He and his political machine have done a fantastic job of capitalizing on and expanding the racial divisions in this nation.  Granted this is a pretty deep cut  but this study does a good job of showing how white identity politics is what got Trump elected. 

Status threat, not economic hardship, explains the 2016 presidential vote

To date, the dominant narrative explaining the outcome of the 2016 presidential election has been that working class voters rose up in opposition to being left behind economically (2). Those who lost jobs or experienced stagnant wages purportedly punished the incumbent party. These claims were made on the basis of aggregate demographic patterns tied to voters’ education levels, patterns that could occur for a multitude of reasons. This study evaluates the “left behind” thesis as well as dominant group status threat as an alternative narrative explaining Trump’s popular appeal and ultimate election to the presidency. Evidence points overwhelmingly to perceived status threat among high-status groups as the key motivation underlying Trump support. White Americans’ declining numerical dominance in the United States together with the rising status of African Americans and American insecurity about whether the United States is still the dominant global economic superpower combined to prompt a classic defensive reaction among members of dominant groups.

Truthfully that may not say much of anything at all about Trump himself or how he personally feels. We know that Cambridge Analytica designed the mantra "drain the swamp" for Trump based on analytical data which showed that phrase would resonate with a certain demographic , it makes sense that the racial strategy may have come from the same source. 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, seanjo said:

That's your willing perception, a perception fueled by the media. What I see is a President keeping his promise to stop Illegal immigration...let's run that again, "Illegal Immigration"...the US like most countries has an immigration process, green cards and the like, a legal process that vets people that wish to become US citizens.

Well its a little more than my willing perception. I just posted a scientific study backing my position. 

Going after illegal immigration is great, being cruel and insulting while pretending (or in trumps case lying ) that it didn't happen before Trump isn't. 

This article touches nicely on why so many have a problem with Trump's immigration stance and it has nothing to do with enforcing the law.

Why Trump Deports Fewer Immigrants Than Obama

I asked Leopold why Obama's peak years of enforcement hadn't spread as much fear or more — given the higher rates of arrest and deportation.

"Even during the worst days of the Obama crackdown," he said, "ICE used its discretion and applied common sense." Today, he said, the agency refuses to use either, while seeming to revel in "tearing apart families.

27 minutes ago, seanjo said:

What you are and the media are defending is Illegal immigrants who bypass the process and make themselves victims, slaves almost, because they become cheap, malleable, mobile labour, scared of being found out. Now I know your Royalty in Hollywood want to keep their cheap pool cleaning slave labour, but do you?

This simplistic us vs them mental midgetry is truly going to destroy this nation. 

Where did I say I supported illegal immigration? I didn't.  Where did i say I thought folks in Hollywood were royalty? I didn't. Stop with the AM radio talk show antics. 

As evidenced by the statistical data in order to enforce the law you don't have to be insulting, you don't have to act like a racist, you don't have to treat entire nations and populations as less than.  

Reveling in cruelty doesn't make one a patriot nor does it make one "tough" it makes one weak and small and considering that its our POTUS who is behaving in such a manner there is a very real concern that he is making America weak and small like him. 

None of that however detracts from the fact that Trump is using race baiting  tactics to keep his base energized, from "shithole" countries to telling cops to not be gentle with suspects immediately after removing DOJ mandated police reforms to saying a judge cant do his job because of his Mexican heritage and of course the very fine people in Charlottesville. Team Trump is playing that game perfectly. 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Krater said:

Only because the liberal MSM has brainwashed the masses into believing that he is the second coming of Hitler.

Horse Hockey.

10 hours ago, Krater said:

The liberal MSM is at it again...

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/05/17/anti-trump-media-takes-president-out-context-to-incorrectly-claim-called-illegal-immigrants-animals.html

Yes, the linked article is Fox News. I try to read from news sources on both sides of the spectrum so that I can find the truth in the middle, but this article needs no counter point.

While discussing the MS13 problem, President Trump said, “You wouldn’t believe how bad these people are. These aren’t people, these are animals, and we’re taking them out of the country at a level and at a rate that’s never happened before."

The liberal MSM is conveniently leaving out the fact that they were discussing MS13, instead spinning it to sound as if Prseident Trump was referring to all illegal immigrants.

Disgustung trash. They need to be stopped and punished. All Americans should be upset about the intentional deceptions perpetrated by the MSM on a daily basis.  

I think the lies and deception are becoming more obvious to the General Public as time goes on - although there are large numbers
lost to the 24/7 MSM propaganda against Trump..... (and some become committed to perpetuating it)

it's polluting the Collective Consciousness  - but the perpetrators don't care about that.... they probably even revel in it because
the Dark Side has enthralled and influenced weak minded victims over the Ages - this could just be a modern version of it -

Traitors to Humanity

Ugh

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

A normal and expected level of bias and promotion for different political views from Media outlets and journalists
is one thing but this obviously coordinated operation against the Trump Presidency is something else entirely -  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

If Donald J Trump was in one of those Secret Groups the Elite attend - was compliant to their agenda and ran around
Bohemian Grove half naked, lapping up the power buzz and rituals........ he would probably be the Darling of the MSM - :D

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, bee said:

it's polluting the Collective Consciousness 

Its just a little difficult to hear people whining about the media polluting the collective consciousness when we have a POTUS actively working to do just that. 

This is the real pollution to the collective consciousness : Here's A Running List Of President Trump's Lies And Other bull****

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Its just a little difficult to hear people whining about the media polluting the collective consciousness when we have a POTUS actively working to do just that. 

This is the real pollution to the collective consciousness : Here's A Running List Of President Trump's Lies And Other bull****

yeah yeah yeah and boo hoo ....

the Mind Control Media love to twist it all round....  p e r c e p t i o n    m a n a g e m e n t

^_^

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I watched the conversation in question (twice). Trump was indeed talking about MS13 (not all immigrants). This is blatantly obvious as the subject was most definitely  MS13 and Trump called MS13 animals. To promote this as being something else is either a lie or a form delusion. The press that did this should be ashamed of themselves. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

7 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

He never mentioned MS-13 in his response,

The question was specifically about them. SNIP You’re also actively campaigning for Trump again. Keep up the good work.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, F3SS said:

The question was specifically about them. SNIP.  

He's a diplomat, he applied for the job of diplomat, he really should learn to act as one.  

8 minutes ago, F3SS said:

You’re also actively campaigning for Trump again. Keep up the good work

I'm almost starting to hope for a second Trump term. The pendulum swings man, we had a barely left of center POTUS for 8 years and it swung absurdly hard to the right , can you imagine how huge the swing to the left would be after 8 years of this insanity? 

That'll be just about the time my oldest son has to start paying on his college tuition, I imagine he and a whole ton of folks will be smiling saying "thanks Trump" :D

9 minutes ago, F3SS said:

The question was specifically about them.SNIP. You’re also actively campaigning for Trump again. Keep up the good work.

Exactly, the question asked was directly about MS13...and Trump's response was directly about MS13. The lying press simply ignored the question about MS13 and tried to change the discussion to being about all immigrants when it was actually about MS13. Taking an answer then going back and ignoring/removing the direct subject of the question is one of the lowest/lying tactics there is. 

Also, don't make the discussion personal

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I really think those who are defending MS13 need to go and do some googling on this gang (MS13). I can't even post some of the information about them (MS13) because MS13 engage in such horrific behaviors that discussion or pictures of their (MS13's) activities would violate UM rules. 

Do some research on MS13, then perhaps you will see why Trump called them (MS13) out as being animals. 

*hope I'm being clear who (MS13) I'm talking about*

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Lilly said:

*hope I'm being clear who (MS13) I'm talking about*

haha yes ma'am I think after that many mentions of MS-13 you are now qualified to write for Fox News :lol:  

(they love them some MS-13) 

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

haha yes ma'am I think after that many mentions of MS-13 you are now qualified to write for Fox News :lol:  

(they love them some MS-13) 

Just wanted to make it clear who (MS13) that I was talking about. I guess this is the sort of repeating stuff the press needs from Trump. 

Oh, and I actually like some of the Libertarian commentators on Fox News.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Just wanted to make it clear who (MS13) that I was talking about. I guess this is the sort of repeating stuff the press needs from Trump. 

While its sad that you had to explain that to me (sorry, that's on me) its actually quite hilarious now that i get it :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Oh, and I actually like some of the Libertarian commentators on Fox News.

Do they have a regular host who is libertarian or are you referring to panel members? I read their site daily but rarely watch since I don't have the channel.  I used to watch all the time, I still appreciate some of their folks like Shep Smith and Judge Nap though.  

Edited by Farmer77

Just now, Lilly said:

I like this young lady: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennedy_(commentator)

Ms Kennedy/Montgomery is a Libertarian and has a great sense of humor. 

Holy blast from the past she was on MTV when i was a teenager. Ill check her stuff out thanks!  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Here’s the thing, take a Bush or Obama quote out of context and something doesn’t ring true about it and you can tell it’s been decontextualised. The same can’t be said of El Trumpo in many cases (this one in particular). 

9 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Meh...we all know how he feels about immigrants et al.

I give zero ***** that he might have been misconstrued this once. 

America should be outraged at how much Trump is deceiving them, not at the so-called "MSM" who reports it. 

We need them to keep reporting it.

But they aren't "reporting" it in this case, are they ChaosRose ? They distorting it to fit their political agenda.

Nah, I actually listened to the words coming outta his mouth.

What about the words that the MSM edited out, as in this case ? 

Thank goodness for the "MSM."

They're speaking truth to power, but you're plugging your ears. 

Except, they're NOT speaking truth, are they ChaosRose ? They are speaking lies to the public. And they are doing it in order to sway opinions, not to inform. 

• Like 7

I find it pathetic that people are pretending that he wasn't talking about the gang members.   It is what he was asked about.  

Trump does and says many stupid things, do you really need to make stuff up?   It reeks of desperation.

• Like 7

He's right this gang is really bad and needs to be kept out. It is standard for them to hack up people with machetes. They have their own prison because the members are so brutal in killing guards and other inmates. It would be great if they can be kept far away I never thought of say it but Trump is very right on this one.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1