Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Number Signs - Messages from Spirit Guides?

ERB110

Hi all.  I'm new to the forum.  I just ran across the board today.

I have always had a strong interest in psychic abilities, the paranormal, etc.  I strongly believe in spirit guides as well.  However, I do have an ounce of skeptic in me.  I don't believe that my inner skepticism is enough to prevent me from having an open mind though!

For a long time, I feel like I get number signs.  I see 11:11 frequently on the clock, 1:11, 2:22, etc.  There have been times that I almost feel like something made me look or notice these digits and they have always "tugged" at me when I see them.  I started "playing" with them a bit and testing it out.  I would often ask for a sign in regards to a specific topic and I feel I would get it in a reasonable amount of time.  A specific example ... a guy entered my life.  We're nothing more than acquaintances, but I feel a strong draw to him.  Do I have a crush or is it a true draw?  That's to be determined... :)

Anyhoo, I've asked my spirit guides for numerous signs regarding him.  I feel like I've gotten them?  One night before bed, I asked for a sign about him in particular.  I woke up out of a dead sleep.  I was fairly alert and looked at my phone for the time ... 2:22.  I took a groggy mental note and then went back to bed.  When I woke up for the day, that was in my head.  I'm a VERY solid sleeper.  It's rare that I even stir throughout the night.  Keep in mind I'm a novice to all of this so I Google'd "seeing 2:22."  The search tells me that is the number of partnerships and relationships.  I was pretty surprised and felt that was the most direct sign I've ever received.  Fast forward several months later and no developments in the romantic world with him or anyone else for that matter.  Another instance ... I asked for another sign before bed.  This time, I woke up ... 2:39.  That means nothing to most people but 2:39 pm that day was the last time I sent a text message to him.  It was almost as if my spirit guides would know that I would understand what 2:39 meant.  Am I insane or am I getting messages in this manner?  :) After talking with him in person once, I was walking away to head back to work and as I went through the glass door out of the subway station, I noticed in the glass doors, the message board behind me had the time ... 2:22.  I didn't even intentionally look for the time.  Again, I feel as if something pushed me to see that?

Sorry for the long post!  If anyone has advice on receiving signs from our guidance system / spirit guides it would be appreciated.  I'm very open to any and all forms of guidance that I might be able "tap into."

Thanks! :) 

• Like 1

Hi Erb110, welcome to the forum.

In general, if we ask Spirit for confirmation that they are there we will get something back. Now what it means, depends.

As for your friend, free will rules and we often overlook this when we seek to understand responses from Spirit. Just because you might sense something there does not mean he does yet, or may ever. Sometimes answers depend on others, and so Spirit cannot say yes or no yet.

JMO

• Like 1

I dreamed Sanchez would score the winner in 2:22 of injury time in the cup final on Saturday. So probable, it's barely even a prediction.

9 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

Hi Erb110, welcome to the forum.

In general, if we ask Spirit for confirmation that they are there we will get something back. Now what it means, depends.

As for your friend, free will rules and we often overlook this when we seek to understand responses from Spirit. Just because you might sense something there does not mean he does yet, or may ever. Sometimes answers depend on others, and so Spirit cannot say yes or no yet.

JMO

Thank you. That’s a very rational response, which I appreciate. I agree that free will plays a very big role in this. Maybe my guides are indicating that he’s in my life for some reason? Maybe I’m supposed to learn something from him? I guess time will tell!

Do you have any advice or thoughts on getting more “in touch” with our guides?

That sort of thing is best pursued with people of like minds and energy with you. You are welcome to read my blog here, "Darkness of The Deep" for my take on things and some of my stories. Some folks love me, some have no use for me. It is a free world :)

Generally, I am simplistic about this sort of thing after a long time of working with things the hard way.

if you meditate or have quiet times, simply say out loud you wish to find the truth, would like to know spirit is there, would like to be more aware and sensitive to spirit. Then pay attention. 

Be aware though that we all develop differently, so do not feel bad or take it hard if some "guru" tells you something you don't mesh with. I have shamanic friends who work a great deal with animal guides. I do not at all. Especially In today's world full of sceptics on one side and genuine fruit loops on the other side, wake up early to the fact that YOU are responsible for your own intuition as to what is true for you and what is not true for you. Learn to heed that inner sense of recoiling or feeling happiness towards something, and work it hard. First step in growth in Spiritual things is seeking to discern truth for you. That is that sense within as you read over things, sort of near the heart. 

Given this you do not need a teacher, and will sink or swim exactly how well you learn to follow that inner sense you have inside for what sounds true and what sounds really negative or weird to you. Develop it and look and read things and find where you feel you fit in first and go for it :).

Others will have better advice I am sure. 

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Those "number signs" are just a subconscious tick you developed.

I’ve acknowledged that’s a possibility. I feel like I can’t buy that 100% just as I can’t buy 100% that they’re “true” signs. 

16 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

That sort of thing is best pursued with people of like minds and energy with you. You are welcome to read my blog here, "Darkness of The Deep" for my take on things and some of my stories. Some folks love me, some have no use for me. It is a free world :)

Generally, I am simplistic about this sort of thing after a long time of working with things the hard way.

if you meditate or have quiet times, simply say out loud you wish to find the truth, would like to know spirit is there, would like to be more aware and sensitive to spirit. Then pay attention. 

Be aware though that we all develop differently, so do not feel bad or take it hard if some "guru" tells you something you don't mesh with. I have shamanic friends who work a great deal with animal guides. I do not at all. Especially In today's world full of sceptics on one side and genuine fruit loops on the other side, wake up early to the fact that YOU are responsible for your own intuition as to what is true for you and what is not true for you. Learn to heed that inner sense of recoiling or feeling happiness towards something, and work it hard. First step in growth in Spiritual things is seeking to discern truth for you. That is that sense within as you read over things, sort of near the heart. 

Given this you do not need a teacher, and will sink or swim exactly how well you learn to follow that inner sense you have inside for what sounds true and what sounds really negative or weird to you. Develop it and look and read things and find where you feel you fit in first and go for it :).

Others will have better advice I am sure. 

Thanks. I’ll check out the blog when I have a little more time for reading. :)

1 minute ago, ERB110 said:

I’ve acknowledged that’s a possibility. I feel like I can’t buy that 100% just as I can’t buy 100% that they’re “true” signs. 

You probably can't 'buy that' because of your personal beliefs/expectations. Perhaps on some subconscious level you want it to be meaningful or "magical".

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

You probably can't 'buy that' because of your personal beliefs/expectations. Perhaps on some subconscious level you want it to be meaningful or "magical".

Oh there’s definitely a part of me that does want it to be meaningful. I guess that’s something else I should have included in my introduction. In regards to my stance on the paranormal, psychics, etc ... I haven’t had any experiences personally that I can say for 100% factual certainty that it was indeed an experience. I’ve seen “psychics” before mostly out of curiosity but I’ve never left with something so profound that I can’t explain it. I have also never experienced anything directly when it comes to the paranormal. I don’t associate with a religion presently. I’ve always considered myself agnostic. I am “drawn” to the spiritual level of things. I guess I’m searching for something to identify with in that part of my life.

20 hours ago, ERB110 said:

Hi all.  I'm new to the forum.  I just ran across the board today.

I have always had a strong interest in psychic abilities, the paranormal, etc.  I strongly believe in spirit guides as well.  However, I do have an ounce of skeptic in me.  I don't believe that my inner skepticism is enough to prevent me from having an open mind though!

For a long time, I feel like I get number signs.  I see 11:11 frequently on the clock, 1:11, 2:22, etc.  There have been times that I almost feel like something made me look or notice these digits and they have always "tugged" at me when I see them.  I started "playing" with them a bit and testing it out.  I would often ask for a sign in regards to a specific topic and I feel I would get it in a reasonable amount of time.  A specific example ... a guy entered my life.  We're nothing more than acquaintances, but I feel a strong draw to him.  Do I have a crush or is it a true draw?  That's to be determined... :)

Anyhoo, I've asked my spirit guides for numerous signs regarding him.  I feel like I've gotten them?  One night before bed, I asked for a sign about him in particular.  I woke up out of a dead sleep.  I was fairly alert and looked at my phone for the time ... 2:22.  I took a groggy mental note and then went back to bed.  When I woke up for the day, that was in my head.  I'm a VERY solid sleeper.  It's rare that I even stir throughout the night.  Keep in mind I'm a novice to all of this so I Google'd "seeing 2:22."  The search tells me that is the number of partnerships and relationships.  I was pretty surprised and felt that was the most direct sign I've ever received.  Fast forward several months later and no developments in the romantic world with him or anyone else for that matter.  Another instance ... I asked for another sign before bed.  This time, I woke up ... 2:39.  That means nothing to most people but 2:39 pm that day was the last time I sent a text message to him.  It was almost as if my spirit guides would know that I would understand what 2:39 meant.  Am I insane or am I getting messages in this manner?  :) After talking with him in person once, I was walking away to head back to work and as I went through the glass door out of the subway station, I noticed in the glass doors, the message board behind me had the time ... 2:22.  I didn't even intentionally look for the time.  Again, I feel as if something pushed me to see that?

Sorry for the long post!  If anyone has advice on receiving signs from our guidance system / spirit guides it would be appreciated.  I'm very open to any and all forms of guidance that I might be able "tap into."

Thanks! :) 

You should be careful with seeking meaning in coincidence. Between cognitive possibilities like confirmation bias and just plain irrational thought. With that said, I have been known to follow bread crumbs and make connections that others may not. I have found it an interesting bit life. Now. I'm going to do it now because I was just watching something then for some odd reason I came straight here, and it is something you should watch and I think can learn something from. Take it from someone who also follows quest from the spirit world. You need to be careful and think rationally above all else.

• 2 months later...

Doreen Virtue has a book called "Angel Numbers 101". I checked  222 means "Trust that everything is working out exactly as it's supposed to, Divine blessings for everyone involved, Let go and have faith."

239 means, " You and your Divine life purpose are being helped by powerful ascended masters. Ask them for guidance with respect to the next step on your career path, and they will directly guide you."  

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I usually dream of the number 242 which does not come as a surprice since one of my favourite bands are non other than Front 242. I know how they got their name but i haven't a clue on what the number 242 means :-) looked it up and had a laugh :-)

http://sacredscribesangelnumbers.blogspot.com/2011/08/angel-number-242.html?m=1

Edited by Avalanche