Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
danydandan

Vegan Ad Gets Banned.

54 posts in this topic

Piney

@Farmer77  SOG wasn't State COs. They were PMCs. They would "run us down" in the early morning several times a month to keep us soft or if somebody didn't pass a p*** or a hyperscanner detected a cellphone. The COs had no power with them and they threw rubber and mace everywhere. I had one senior CO that would stop them in their tracks because he cared about the inmates. I knew many COs that cared. The fights happened in the units of the ones who didn't.

Every once in the while a white collar 18 to 20 something dopefiend would get caught up in a weapons charge and get tossed in with us. They wouldn't last. I took one under my wing because I knew his father, who was a Quaker.  It didn't matter. He was a killed 1 week after I got out .....:(

• Thanks 1

Farmer77
20 hours ago, Piney said:

The COs had no power with them and they threw rubber and mace everywhere. I had one senior CO that would stop them in their tracks because he cared about the inmates. I knew many COs that cared.

The way I saw it not caring was the best way to get my ass killed LOL. Its really hard when you know the majority are simply running game on you but the reality for CO's is the inmates truly run the asylum. Or maybe its better put that the inmates allow the CO's to run the asylum. Either way we were never unaware that we were outnumbered, by a lot.  

I got a good lesson on caring about the inmates early on. The meanest CO we had was kind of a stereotype, think of an ******* CO from a movie and its that guy. Anyways right after I started he fell asleep at his desk in the mod one day and an inmate slipped a  "brown trout" into his coffee. Rather polite way to exact a little revenge I thought considering the other possibilities. :D

• Thanks 1

Piney
2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

I got a good lesson on caring about the inmates early on. The meanest CO we had was kind of a stereotype, think of an ******* CO from a movie and its that guy. Anyways right after I started he fell asleep at his desk in the mod one day and an inmate slipped a  "brown trout" into his coffee. Rather polite way to exact a little revenge I thought considering the other possibilities. :D

The meanest CO and I avoided each other. I would open my locker and leave it swinging because he loved to search open lockers. He never searched it. When I got back from my parole hearing he said the only thing he ever said to me "Joseph, you should of blown those tresspassers away!":lol:

• Like 2

Piney
5 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

The way I saw it not caring was the best way to get my ass killed LOL.

I was a "Power Pro" and a Tier Rep in a unit that didn't get it's share of supplies. I led a group of Bloods on "raids" to another unit for the stuff. It use to give my CO a giggle but the CO I raided wasn't happy. He couldn't put me in lockup because the stolen supplies were always in the units supply and not in my personal locker. He always played the meany but I once saw him taping up a inmates books that were falling apart and he once asked me for sneakers for another inmate who needed them bad. I went over to say goodbye to him when I maxed out. He asked why then said I hated him. I said "I don't hate you, you play the meany but you care." Your a good guy who just needs to lighten up" He laughed and thanked me for keeping him on his toes. :lol:

• Like 1