Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Another School Shooting

susieice

Reports are that at least 8 are dead in a school shooting at Santa Fe High School in Texas. The suspect is in custody and another person has been detained. Breaking news so not a lot is known.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/18/us/texas-school-shooting/index.html

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

CNN) -- Multiple people have died as a result of a shooting Friday morning at a high school in the southeastern Texas city of Santa Fe, two law enforcement sources told CNN. This is the third school shooting in the past seven days, and the 22nd since the beginning of the year in the United States.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Christ!........:(

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, susieice said:

Reports are that at least 8 are dead in a school shooting at Santa Fe High School in Texas. The suspect is in custody and another person has been detained. Breaking news so not a lot is known.

I just started a topic on this myself.

@susieice  just started a thread too..... Too much.....I'm out.:(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, .ZZ. said:

I just started a topic on this myself.

Then the mods can merge. I just heard this. Trump is speaking now on CNN.

• Like 1

Sheriff is saying the shooter was a student and so is the person of interest that's being questioned. Nothing known about weapons used. The death toll was said to be 8-10, mostly students. Just lost CNNgo link.

Edited by susieice

It's just breaking. We posted at just about the same time.

• Like 1

Reports are now that explosive devices have been found. Police are searching a home.

LE just confirmed explosive devices were found in the school and the surrounding area.

Edited by susieice

Dreadful news but why do American Students decide to get a weapon and go to school to KILL their fellow students, this is cold calculated MURDER, and there must be an answer somewhere along the line.my deepest sympathy to all the children and families involved.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, and then said:

If action isn't soon taken to reinforce security in a meaningful way at schools across this country, the school system is going to have a problem with forcing people to send their children to them.  It is way past time that these places were made as secure as the average Courthouse in any American community.  BOMBS?  They managed to build and place BOMBS in a school?  Where the hell were the security measures?

The school's police officer is currently in surgery for what is believed to be a chest wound. Details of his confrontation with the shooter are still unknown.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, spud the mackem said:

Dreadful news but why do American Students decide to get a weapon and go to school to KILL their fellow students, this is cold calculated MURDER, and there must be an answer somewhere along the line.my deepest sympathy to all the children and families involved.

That's the real question that no one seems to understand or want to solve.  WHY?

• Like 3

Just now, susieice said:

The school's police officer is currently in surgery for what is believed to be a chest wound. Details of his confrontation with the shooter are still unknown.

It's a sad commentary that we're going to need a team of trained individuals on-site every day to keep the maniacs from slaughtering our kids.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, spud the mackem said:

These shooters are so young. ABC interviewed a student and his father who knew the shooter but couldn't identify him. The boy said he saw the student wearing a trench coat with high boots. He also said this student had been bullied by coaches and had few friends.

Seems like a columbine copycat. Explosives are reported to having been found in and around the high school.

• Like 1

My personal solution:

Mental illness needs to be dealt with immediately. Schools need to be as secure as our Courthouses. The age to purchase firearms needs to be 21 (exception for active duty military). 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Now they are saying the police officer was shot in the arm and may have gone into the chest. He's lost a lot of blood. I'm sure in the news conference with hospital officials they said the chest, but I could be wrong. From what I can gather, about 12 have been taken to hospitals. I'm watching the ABC link I posted here.

• Like 1

Wow. And explosives found in and around the school area.

Looks like he or they were going for the "big kill" ... Thank God the explosives didn't go off.

How sad for all.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lilly said:

My personal solution:

Mental illness needs to be dealt with immediately. Schools need to be as secure as our Courthouses. The age to purchase firearms needs to be 21 (exception for active duty military). 

Hi Lilly, I just don't believe that this situation merits mental illness, which seems to be the first thing that people say when a crime of this nature is carried out,  its pure 100% premeditated MURDER, and the guy responsible should spend a long time on Death Row. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Times like these make me glad my sister goes to school online. There needs to be only one entrance into the school. Even fire exits should have alarms for metal detectors and there needs to be # of armed security for every # number of kids.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pallidin said:

Wow. And explosives found in and around the school area.

Looks like he or they were going for the "big kill" ... Thank God the explosives didn't go off.

How sad for all.

These two should be tried, then executed if found guilty.  Their age should not be taken into account.  THIS kind of sick behavior needs to be met with swift and extreme justice.  It seems like Cruz began a trend of acting out then throwing up of hands and saying "where's my lawyer?"  Those who plan these things need to know that they will shortly be following those whose lives they take so brutally.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Lilly said:

My personal solution:

I'm with Spud.  Blaming mental illness may be a convenient excuse but the truth is the people doing these acts are fully functional mentally and in many cases have coherent premeditated plans.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1