Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Octopuses are space aliens, scientists claim

I've watched youtube videos on octopuses.. funnily enough, here are some common comments in their connection to humans..
(an octopus and a man stare at eachother) "It's like 2 alien beings from different worlds seeing each other"
"Their intelligence is said to rival our own"

Now skim through your memory base, think of squids, fish, dolphins, insects, have we ever said "Its like 2 different aliens meeting each other"? Not for me. That's the only time.
Now does a squid rival our intelligence? A dolphin comes close. Does a crow? Not really. But if you look at octopuses they are creepy and seem unnatural.

Basically octopuses do have some grey alien genes

the old article i read said that the DNA and genome of an octopus is unlike any other creature on earth, that it seems to be alien to our planet

Another way to think of it is octopuses are not well populated, they spend their lives in solitare. But they had grey genes added to them which, as is the most known thing about octopuses, they manipulate their own genome to evolve 10x faster. Basically they have many tricks to enhance their mind and body and has not been found in any earth animal, they manipulate (create and destroy) genes consciously and have completed changed their own genome.

Humans, the other species with added genes, is the opposite. Biologically, we have even lessened than we were. However structurally, as in outside of ourselves, we have massively changed our environment. Octopuses changed inwardly, as a thing of the sea i guess, a sea environment. And humans changed outwardly.

Dang! This is weird.

Don't know if it's true or not, but makes me want to pop-in M.I.B.

There seems to have been a misinterpretation of the very interesting ways in which octopuses are unique among other animals on Earth. The authors of the original scientific paper did not assert that octopuses had been imported to our world via asteroids or comets. Octopuses give every evidence of being an integral, albeit fascinatingly unusual part of the rich tapestry of life on our planet. 

Please find a link, below, to an article with further information:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/octopus-dna-origins/  

Edited by bison
corrected misspelling
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

I can't see organisms as complex as an octopus surviving the length of deep freeze involved in such a long journey. Even if the sun was still in its stellar birth cluster. However viruses are different. I can picture viruses of billions of different configurations that formed in space and live in bacteria entering the earth's atmosphere inside big blocks of cometary ice. These land in the pre Cambrian seas, they break out, the survivors who can tolerate the different environment enter the bodies of the primitive animals and plants, not all are able to successfully replicate and get jammed in the DNA inside an egg or sperm cell. The said cells fuse later during normal reproduction, the viruses coding gets read, causes mutations, and the surviving mutants go on to form the Cambrian period.

The other thing I notice is that Cambrian period animals have shells and backbones. Space, particularly in a star cluster would be full of radiation as well as a vacuum. I picture space born bacteria creating their own hard radiation shields (shells). Perhaps containing whole symbiotic colonies. As the viruses that infect and replicate through them do their stuff genetic elements from the bacteria get into the viruses. These elements then get into the more advanced Earth lifeforms, the elements get read, and the coding creates backbones and shells, which are in reality mutant alpha and beta radiation shields. As for the more penetrative gamma radiation the warm asteroid body orbiting the other star and containing the big bubble of water would be thick enough.

As for the reason why that asteroid leaves the orbit of that other star, well I think it could be thrown out by a warm gas giant, or when the cluster breaks up when the bigger older stars evolve and shed their material. The shape of the gravity well changes and upsets the previous balance established.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dwarf vs grey ufo said:

Another way to think of it is octopuses are not well populated, they spend their lives in solitare. But they had grey genes added to them which, as is the most known thing about octopuses, they manipulate their own genome to evolve 10x faster. Basically they have many tricks to enhance their mind and body and has not been found in any earth animal, they manipulate (create and destroy) genes consciously and have completed changed their own genome.

Humans, the other species with added genes, is the opposite. Biologically, we have even lessened than we were. However structurally, as in outside of ourselves, we have massively changed our environment. Octopuses changed inwardly, as a thing of the sea i guess, a sea environment. And humans changed outwardly.

Well, when you put it that way . . .   Wait, what?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Sounds legit.....

4 hours ago, dwarf vs grey ufo said:

IBasically octopuses do have some grey alien genes

Which genes are those? We’ve sequenced squid DNA, which genes are the Grey Alien ones?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, UM-Bot said:

A bizarre new theory proposes that octopus embryos arrived on Earth on a comet millions of years ago.

So did we, apparently...Technically we're all aliens I guess. The amino acids that started life on earth arrived here on a comet

Edited by Dejarma
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

So did we, apparently...Technically we're all aliens I guess. The amino acids that started life on earth arrived here on a comet

That would explain some people.:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5saXZlc2NpZW5jZS5jb20vaW1h

If there is any candidate for being an alien life form it's this guy.

The plot of the first half of Star Trek: Discovery revolves around alien Tardigrades

6 hours ago, Merc14 said:

No, they do not.  YouTube videos made by crackpots should not be considered and educational resource.    There are many great resources online you can connect to and learn about octopuses but stay away from one that pushes the idea they come from outerspace

its not all youtube mate... wasn't there a movie, Arrival. that also propagated the theory of an octopus like alien that used a form of ink to communicate in ink blob fashion. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQV2RCU_Recr2MvvMueUFi

I didn't realize many squids/cuttlefish edit their genes/ I don't consider them highly more intelligent. Octopuses do have a bundle of neurons operating each tentacle giving them 9 brains. It may be they have no alien dna. Would be new info to me

Edited by dwarf vs grey ufo

4 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Which genes are those? We’ve sequenced squid DNA, which genes are the Grey Alien ones?

Actually we can locate the grey section in humans. I know it's around the front maybe 2 inches behind the eyes but 1 inch higher than the eyes. This way anyone could analyze grey genes in all their ugliness

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

its not all youtube mate... wasn't there a movie, Arrival. that also propagated the theory of an octopus like alien that used a form of ink to communicate in ink blob fashion. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQV2RCU_Recr2MvvMueUFi

and that means what? your point is?

5 minutes ago, dwarf vs grey ufo said:

Actually we can locate the grey section in humans.

can we= who's 'we'?