Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Octopuses are space aliens, scientists claim

14 minutes ago, dwarf vs grey ufo said:

but people's feelings don't stop me from spreading truth

Did you read the snopes link earlier in this thread? 

Could you read the paper referenced there and then explain how it relates to the news link? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

Could you read the paper referenced there and then explain how it relates to the news link? 

Where you quoted me wasn't in reference to the OP or octopuses. If you trace where I was responding to it wasn't that.

9 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

I'm under the belief octopuses may not be alien
If they were, it would be a very small section in the brain and the only thing that could easily give it away would be behaviour, such as dancing, building clothes, using bones as tools , besides the inner biology of course but squids and cuttlefish are not very intelligent or alien IMO so that defeats the gene edits being alien the only other thing alien about their biology is the 9 brains which may be the reason they seem smart. It is the one animal i heard that there are certain moral ethics brought up in how it should be killed, it shouldn't be in pain. May be a result of 9 brains, or maybe they formed the 9 brains because of alien dna, they got smart enough to do it. But I accept that i was likely off with my suspician of them being part alien.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, dwarf vs grey ufo said:

If they were, it would be a very small section in the brain and the only thing that could easily give it away would be behaviour, such as dancing, building clothes, using bones as tools , besides the inner biology of course but squids and cuttlefish are not very intelligent or alien IMO so that defeats the gene edits being alien the only other thing alien about their biology is the 9 brains which may be the reason they seem smart. It is the one animal i heard that there are certain moral ethics brought up in how it should be killed, it shouldn't be in pain. May be a result of 9 brains, or maybe they formed the 9 brains because of alien dna, they got smart enough to do it. But I accept that i was likely off with my suspician of them being part alien.

Yet ironically it is the one animal that people eat while its alive (the moral ethics are there because its so intelligent or said to be that it doesnt seem right to treat it like a dumb animal)

"Octopuses are space aliens, scientists claim"

Very misleading headline.

1 hour ago, dwarf vs grey ufo said:

I shouldn't have brought it up since it's now irrelevant to OP. I am sure your safety mechanism is turned on to block out harmful information

but people's feelings don't stop me from spreading truth

Yes, your asinine statements are completely irrelevant. You're utterly incapable of spreading the truth to begin with.

• Like 2

Just now, Rlyeh said:

Yes, your asinine statements are completely irrelevant. You're utterly incapable of spreading the truth to begin with.

And you just broke the rules apparently.
But even mods don't like that specific branch of truth, hassle me over it in particularities, and let other broken forum rules like what you did go without notice.
If i started saying humans have a zebra part in their brain, everyone would laugh. And be like haha well i don't think so but if you say so you can believe that.
But when you speak about the truth, defence mechanisms turn on to protect the person.

4 minutes ago, dwarf vs grey ufo said:

But even mods don't like that specific branch of truth, hassle me over it in particularities, and let other broken forum rules like what you did go without notice.
If i started saying humans have a zebra part in their brain, everyone would laugh. And be like haha well i don't think so but if you say so you can believe that.
But when you speak about the truth, defence mechanisms turn on to protect the person.

Can you factually back any of your claims with legitimate sources? 

• Like 4

I was actually going to make a thread in this forum about it, but once I got on the comp I didn't feel the same passion. So i wasnt sure if i will
It's not really on topic here so

So talking nonsense is your defence mechanism. I'm pretty sure trolling is against the rules but yet here you are.

• Like 2

Just now, Rlyeh said:

So talking nonsense is your defence mechanism. I'm pretty sure trolling is against the rules but yet here you are.

You have no proof  I'm trolling. To assume someones statements are trolling without them admitting to it, is slander.

20 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

What is this crap? 

LOL...quit beating around the bush, Rlyeh.

Tell us how you really feel.

• Haha 2

Just now, ChaosRose said:

LOL...quit beating around the bush, Rlyeh.

Tell us how you really feel.

I have no problem with him saying how he feels. It's just I'm not allowed to tolerate back or I am threatened with the ban.

You have no proof  I'm trolling. To assume someones statements are trolling without them admitting to it, is slander.

We have no proof that you're not trolling either. 

• Like 1

Just now, dwarf vs grey ufo said:

I have no problem with him saying how he feels. It's just I'm not allowed to tolerate back or I am threatened with the ban.

Well, it clearly is crap. 

But I've rarely seen a comment more direct and succinct.

It made me laugh.

Regardless, octopuses (octopi?) are plenty weird looking. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dwarf vs grey ufo said:

What is your idea of "tolerate back"? Obviously you can defend your arguments against criticism.

Just speaking how I feel like, while avoiding vulgar words. I did this and the one calling my topic "nonsense" was supported, while me having not broken forum rules saying "i only try to spread the truth, like einstien, are you admitting you can't handle the truth" got a ban warning

for example lets say I'm starting a topic on dolphin psychology by pointing out information on what types of food they like in the plant variety, how they make jestures and hold eye contact, and how they feel about life and i make a page long report. i get the lone response after 2 hours "Are you just talking to yourself or actually trying to make people believe in this crap"
I retaliate saying "I'm just trying to spread the truth, are you saying you can't handle the truth?" And then i get a warning for being disruptive and a potential for being banned

I dont think people have a problem but it's the mods. Another forum i said "i think my topic was better in the other forum" and merely questioning their authority made them ban me. There was several people asking questions and about to engage in a interesting discussion, but soon after i was banned before i could respond back.  They didn't ban me until i gave my opinion about them, and not an insultive one. Just a "I personally think this would have been better to be in the other forum than this one it was moved to" and gave a reason as to why, as it wasn't on topic in this new forum so people wouldn't be interested in it.

Edited by dwarf vs grey ufo
  • Confused 1

Sorry Dwarf I've got to put you on ignore. Nothing personal actually, I just find it difficult to actually converse with you, without it devolving into a mess. Good luck and all that.

• Like 1

i learned to ignore the two dominant forum goers that seem to endlessly make you look bad or decredit your information who seem to  be everywhere all the time
xenofish and danydan. after realizing this the forum became much easier to win against. although i didn't need to use the ignore function on the former as it was already easy enough to ignore

Just now, dwarf vs grey ufo said:

i learned to ignore the two dominant forum goers that seem to endlessly make you look bad or decredit your information who seem to  be everywhere all the time
xenofish and danydan. after realizing this the forum became much easier to win against. although i didn't need to use the ignore function on the former as it was already easy enough to ignore

You're trying to win against the forum?

My advice would be to just get better information...or at least...not disinfo. 

Where do I have disinfo? If you are referring to the alien octopus thing, i suggest maybe checking up on follow up responses of mine to see if opinions were able to be changed.
I know closed mindness is rampant but it does sometimes happen.

1 hour ago, ChaosRose said:

You're trying to win against the forum?

"Don't you know who I am?":lol:

MVC2Juggernaut.gif

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, dwarf vs grey ufo said:

Octopuses have only one brain.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octopus  Their nervous system is similar to other types of invertebrates.

I do agree about their intelligence, though, and made a personal decision to not eat any more of them.

• Like 1

If I don't respond to any comments it's because im not supposed to from some force

1 hour ago, Kenemet said:

Octopuses have only one brain.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octopus  Their nervous system is similar to other types of invertebrates.

I do agree about their intelligence, though, and made a personal decision to not eat any more of them.

One main central brain. Squids have a main central brain and 2 sacks of ganglia off the sides which the brain tells orders to.
Octopus are a bit different see this quote of someone
"The brain of an octopus works like an internet of brains! Their main CPU is only the size of a walnut, but each of their 8 arms carry packets of neurons too. This network of brains enable an octopus to approach the power of one central brain. Researchers think each of the collections of neurons in the arms can carry out instructions independently and think for themselves." http://discoverymindblown.com/articles/octopi-have-a-brain-in-every-tentacle/ (basic '9 brain octopus' google search)

4 hours ago, dwarf vs grey ufo said:

Where do I have disinfo? If you are referring to the alien octopus thing, i suggest maybe checking up on follow up responses of mine to see if opinions were able to be changed.
I know closed mindness is rampant but it does sometimes happen.

Debating someone, who obviously doesn't know what they are talking about with regard to cephalopods and the human brain, who is pushing an entirely implausible and fantastical claim, that the human brain has a section which is alien brain matter grafted onto the frontal lobe, is not close mindness (sic), it is challenging a fantastical claim that has zero proof backing it up.  You have brought zero proof of your claim and neither is there a scintilla of evidence that these grey aliens even exist.   You are peddling drivel here and doing it very poorly.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 6