Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Oldest' known photo of 'mad monk' Rasputin

Still Waters

Seen for the first time, the haunting image of the holy man - who exerted an extraordinary hold on the Russian royals - has never been seen before.

The ghostly picture was shown during a special exhibition of 'masterpieces' at the Yaroslavsky Museum of History and Culture of People of the North, Yakutsk.

Collector and owner Alexey Ivanov, a renowned culture expert in Yakutia, said: 'The picture was taken between 1880-1900. 

'This is the earliest period of the young priest's life. 

'It is quite likely to be his first photograph.'

http://siberiantimes.com/other/others/news/oldest-known-photograph-of-mad-monk-grigory-rasputin-goes-on-display-in-siberia/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've watched a few documentaries about him and the Romanovs. Dude looks like a real creep -- amirite? I hate to say it but I wouldn't trust that guy :innocent:

• Like 2

They have to get me to play Rasputin in a film adaptation. I'd do it justice. I'd just have to grow a beard and they'd have to bring my eyebrows closer together with Velcro or something. I'm pursuing this role seriously.

2018-05-18 23.45.13.jpg

You're much better looking. And you don't have that serial/psycho killer look in your eye...you can just see it!

On 5/18/2018 at 2:50 PM, fehrie said:

I've watched a few documentaries about him and the Romanovs. Dude looks like a real creep -- amirite? I hate to say it but I wouldn't trust that guy :innocent:

The gist I get from listening to a few history podcasts mentioning the guy, is that the Tsar and his wife didn't like him much either. But he also seemed to be the only one who could treat their son. 

And thought they didn't have to explain themselves. Bad move, that. 

11 hours ago, ShadowSot said:

The gist I get from listening to a few history podcasts mentioning the guy, is that the Tsar and his wife didn't like him much either. But he also seemed to be the only one who could treat their son. 

And thought they didn't have to explain themselves. Bad move, that. 

What I was always under the impression of was that he was actually a mentor to the Tsar's wife.... before he started acting real unfavorable.

17 hours ago, Skulduggery said:

They have to get me to play Rasputin in a film adaptation. I'd do it justice. I'd just have to grow a beard and they'd have to bring my eyebrows closer together with Velcro or something. I'm pursuing this role seriously.

2018-05-18 23.45.13.jpg

You look like his not-evil twin

• Haha 1