Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Further evidence of Planet Nine discovered

18 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

 
Alien Origins

Oh gosh! More crap for the Nibiru****s to jump on!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Noxasa

Not this old chestnut again!?!?!?  It's amazing how these people are able to resurrect this topic every three months or so.  It's been going on now for decades.  Not even the moon landing conspiracies are this well propagandized.  *walks away shaking head*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Echoes
Posted (edited)

Do people seriously still believe this crap?

Edited by Echoes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
godnodog

Clearly some people here in this theead did not bother to read the article, this has nothing with this nibiru nonsense, this is an actual scietific reasearch article.

  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alien Origins
1 hour ago, godnodog said:

Clearly some people here in this theead did not bother to read the article, this has nothing with this nibiru nonsense, this is an actual scietific reasearch article.

Yes, yes I did read the article...The CalTech researchers that are investigating this have been doing so for a while. As a matter of fact speculation about this planet started in 2014. The planet is still hypothetical and has not been proven yet...As far as the Nibiru reference, any research into this you will find that many who believe in this fictional Nibiru also think that Planet 9/Planet X is this Nibiru. Nothing could be further from the truth. Even if Planet 9 is found some day its orbit is way out beyond Neptune and is no danger to Earth.

Comparing that to the fictional Nibiru where its orbit is highly elliptical and very unstable...There is no evidence of any planet the size of this fictional Nibiru has ever made its way through our solar system...I for one hope they find it but I also know that those who buy into this Planet X/Nibiru theory will began filling the internet with garbage about how this thing is headed toward Earth!

When I see things like this it sets off alarm bells...Because I saw the havoc that the 2012 scare put into people and it was not funny at all....People that use this stuff to scare others are doing it for nothing more than to sell books....I can give you a link to a website where there is a lot of garbage written by people who actually believe this stuff...I will not post the link here if you would like it PM me I will not give that site the satisfaction of a link here. 

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merc14
Posted (edited)

godnodog and AO are spot on, this is NOT the Nibiru garbage, this is a legitimate likely body in our solar system that strongly indicates a large planet like object in a highly eccentric orbit beyond Pluto's orbit.   It is still hypothetical although observations strongly indicate it is out there and is so distant it will be very difficult to see. https://www.space.com/33480-planet-nine.html

That said, no doubt the Niburu cranks are likely lapping it up and claiming it as justification for their silliness.  Please read  this and the OP link https://www.space.com/33480-planet-nine.html

Here are the two astronomers out of Caltech that made this discovery.

 

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NicoletteS

I understand that there is a lot of space out there, but I would also think that as many orbits as this object is perturbing it should be relatively easy to calculate it's location... what gives.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
seanjo
12 hours ago, Noxasa said:

Not this old chestnut again!?!?!?  It's amazing how these people are able to resurrect this topic every three months or so.  It's been going on now for decades.  Not even the moon landing conspiracies are this well propagandized.  *walks away shaking head*

This is real scientific theory, they are observing bodies like comets moving in ways that only a large planetary object on the edge of our system can explain. No supernatural rubbish, actual observable scientific evidence.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
seanjo
5 minutes ago, NicoletteS said:

I understand that there is a lot of space out there, but I would also think that as many orbits as this object is perturbing it should be relatively easy to calculate it's location... what gives.

They think they know the rough area the planet should be located in and are searching it.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merc14
16 hours ago, NicoletteS said:

I understand that there is a lot of space out there, but I would also think that as many orbits as this object is perturbing it should be relatively easy to calculate it's location... what gives.

It is far beyond Pluto and while it is large in size, purportedly, it is very small, relatively speaking, due to distance, and there is a LOT of space to observe.  That said, our largest telescopes (only ones capable of seeing it) are now starting to spend some time in that part of the sky in hopes of sighting it and estimates are that they will observe it within the next year and a half.  Why so long?  You don't really look for a planet, you look for a "dot" that is moving out of pattern with other dots.  It may take a year or two to actually image the correct area of the sky multiple times in order to see that odd movement.  Once it is noted, however, several other telescopes will verify the anomaly and we will have verified these two astronomers new planet.  Remember, they published their findings in late 2016 so not really all that long ago.   

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bison

We've turned up a number of 'mini-Neptune' planets in our exoplanet searches. These have more mass than Earth, but less than that of Uranus or Neptune. It's been wondered why we have no planets in this mass range in our own solar system. Perhaps we do. Planet nine is suspected of having about 10 times the mass of Earth, which would put it well inside this mass range.  This mass would indicate a gaseous planet, like a smaller version of Uranus or Neptune.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Noxasa
On 5/19/2018 at 1:14 AM, seanjo said:

This is real scientific theory, they are observing bodies like comets moving in ways that only a large planetary object on the edge of our system can explain. No supernatural rubbish, actual observable scientific evidence.

It's not scientific theory that Nibiru, Planet X or Planet 9 (whatever it's called now) is going to crash into Earth on a path that is coming from the opposite side of the sun and NASA and the government is covering it up.  Can there be other large bodies in the Ort cloud?  Sure.  But if this planet is as big as the conspiracy theories say it is and the evidence of it is so solid then we'd know exactly where it is.  But when we turn our instruments toward where they think it should be, there's nothing.   So where is it?  Until someone finds it I'd like to not hear about how it's suippose to exist, every three months for the rest of my life.  This theory is so old it's getting irritating and I, for one, am tired of having it pop up in my news feed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merc14
8 minutes ago, Noxasa said:

It's not scientific theory that Nibiru, Planet X or Planet 9 (whatever it's called now) is going to crash into Earth on a path that is coming from the opposite side of the sun and NASA and the government is covering it up.  Can there be other large bodies in the Ort cloud?  Sure.  But if this planet is as big as the conspiracy theories say it is and the evidence of it is so solid then we'd know exactly where it is.  But when we turn our instruments toward where they think it should be, there's nothing.   So where is it?  Until someone finds it I'd like to not hear about how it's suippose to exist, every three months for the rest of my life.  This theory is so old it's getting irritating and I, for one, am tired of having it pop up in my news feed.

Why are you discussing Nibiru alongside this possible planet and why are you calling it a conspiracy theory?  Do you understand what evidence astronomers are offering? 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
seanjo
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Noxasa said:

It's not scientific theory that Nibiru, Planet X or Planet 9 (whatever it's called now) is going to crash into Earth on a path that is coming from the opposite side of the sun and NASA and the government is covering it up.  Can there be other large bodies in the Ort cloud?  Sure.  But if this planet is as big as the conspiracy theories say it is and the evidence of it is so solid then we'd know exactly where it is.  But when we turn our instruments toward where they think it should be, there's nothing.   So where is it?  Until someone finds it I'd like to not hear about how it's suippose to exist, every three months for the rest of my life.  This theory is so old it's getting irritating and I, for one, am tired of having it pop up in my news feed.

Eh? Niburu?? This is science, not a conspiracy. I don't think you have grasped how far away this object is or how hard it is to spot.

Edited by seanjo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alien Origins

Conspiracy Theorists take what they read on alternative news sites to heart and many do not even bother to look beyond those sites. Its what I like to call Science Fiction Astronomy....CT'ers always complain the government or NASA is covering something up! I want one of them to explain how NASA or the government covers up a planet 10 times the size of the Earth!

This brings me to the conspiracy theory a few years back with the blank space on Google Sky...CT'ers jumped all over this claiming it was a cover up by Google and NASA....Well if they had bothered to look into it further they would have found there was no cover up at all!  The Palomar data used was from 1958 and yes there is a blank space there but it is caused by the data in that particular block having some issues. Check out the below link:

http://www.cosmophobia.org/google_sky/index.html

The below link is an article from May 2008 some four years prior to 2012:

http://www.mgr.org/DebunkingPlanetX-2012-ConnectionEdited.html

All that and enter Nancy Lieder...Some may know here from her website ZetaTalk. She claims to have some connection to aliens on Zeta Reticuli or something. Lieder made the prediction in 1993 that this Planet X would come crashing through in 2003 but to her credit she withdrew that prediction. Mark Hazelwood picked up the ball at that point and ran with it.....Below is a link Phil Plait did a review of Hazelwood's book "Blindsided, Planet X Passes in 2003, EARTH CHANGES!".

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/misc/planetx/hazlewood.html

I know all this you say has nothing to do with Planet 9 but I beg to differ here. It shows how some people can take science and turn it into an internet sideshow...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Noxasa
On 5/25/2018 at 5:12 PM, Merc14 said:

Why are you discussing Nibiru alongside this possible planet and why are you calling it a conspiracy theory?  Do you understand what evidence astronomers are offering? 

Yes, I understand the difference but to call a theory "Planet 9" without any evidence that such a world exists and in the face of observational astronomy that does not see any planet 10 times the size of Earth anywhere where the theory says it should be means the "science" shows it just doesn't exist.  They should just stop calling the anomaly that they can't explain "Planet 9."  There's simply no evidence of a planet existing to explain the observation anomalies.  Now a new theory comes out that explains why they can't find this so-called "Planet 9".  And it actually is based on all available observational data which can help explain why no planet has been discovered when its been searched for over and over again.  When something cannot be observed in science then the theory leading to the search must be wrong.  It's wrong now and it was wrong years ago when it was proposed and no planet could be seen.  And yet, conspiracies continue to be created based on this unproven theory.  I'm just tired of hearing about a planet that clearly is not there.  The new theory makes a lot more sense and considers all available scientific observations and data.   Planet 9 theories need to be put to rest along with everything that came out of it like Nibiru and Planet X.  It has gotten to the point of just being dumb and clinging onto it in the face of the scientific data is even moreso.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merc14
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Noxasa said:

Yes, I understand the difference but to call a theory "Planet 9" without any evidence that such a world exists and in the face of observational astronomy that does not see any planet 10 times the size of Earth anywhere where the theory says it should be means the "science" shows it just doesn't exist.  They should just stop calling the anomaly that they can't explain "Planet 9."  There's simply no evidence of a planet existing to explain the observation anomalies.  Now a new theory comes out that explains why they can't find this so-called "Planet 9".  And it actually is based on all available observational data which can help explain why no planet has been discovered when its been searched for over and over again.  When something cannot be observed in science then the theory leading to the search must be wrong.  It's wrong now and it was wrong years ago when it was proposed and no planet could be seen.  And yet, conspiracies continue to be created based on this unproven theory.  I'm just tired of hearing about a planet that clearly is not there.  The new theory makes a lot more sense and considers all available scientific observations and data.   Planet 9 theories need to be put to rest along with everything that came out of it like Nibiru and Planet X.  It has gotten to the point of just being dumb and clinging onto it in the face of the scientific data is even moreso.

This potential planet should not be confused with the ridiculous doomsday Nibiru of which there is zero evidence.   The evidence for this hypothetical planet is the orbits of various Kuiper Belt objects (KBO's), which is not a guess, it is solid science that points to some large object(s) moving through that distant space.  It has not been observed yet and so can not be definitively identified as a planet but don't forget that the planet Neptune was discovered in a similar way to this potential planet when astronomers noticed that Uranus was being pulled slightly out of its normal orbit.  Through mathematics they hypothesized a large planet in a distant orbit and eventually Neptune was observed.

This hypothetical planet would be very dim as it  would be 20 times further from the Sun, on average, than Neptune but now that they know what part of the sky it should be in, multiple telescopes will search for it.   Maybe it is not a planet but the movement of those KBO's is being caused by something and it may take time for us to actually observe what that something is. 

kuiper-belt-planet-9-e1487527281273.jpg

Edited by Merc14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.