Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Football or Wedding

hetrodoxly

It all seemed to go off without a hitch. One thing I noticed, compared to earlier royal wedding TV coverage, was the use of close in shots. Previously this was though intrusive but it looked like TV were given more or less a free hand to show the event without restrictions.

There would normal be some waving from a balcony but Windsor does not have anywhere other than the battlements to stand so that might be it for royal appearances today.  

• Like 2

I couldn't watch it all but did see the main parts, it was very nice and they both looked lovely and happy. I hope they have a long and happy life together.  I'm planning to watch it again tonight to fill in the gaps.

I'm glad Prince Philip was able to attend, there had been some speculation about him not being fit enough after his recent hip surgery. Meghan's mum did good too, she seemed relaxed and coped well with all the media attention. I also like that Prince Charles stepped in for Meghan's father.

The reception:

Kensington Palace has released a picture of Harry and Meghan's three stunning wedding cakes.

Also revealed are the menu for the royal wedding reception and news that Harry's new wife Meghan Markle will make a speech at the event.

The reception is being given by the Queen at St George's Hall in Windsor Castle, with about 600 guests invited.

Approximately 7,500 items of food have been prepared by a team of 25 chefs, led by royal chef Mark Flanagan.

https://news.sky.com/story/menu-revealed-for-royal-wedding-reception-11378511

• Like 4

Didn't they say the reason they didn't invite America's Donald Trump was because they wanted a small private affair without too much publicity? :unsure2:

• Haha 1

The groom, Prince Harry, is a member of the British royal family; the bride, Meghan Markle, is an American former actress. 

as Wikipedia says slightly sniffily. :P 

It was the simple, yet elegant wedding the couple wanted. 

• Like 3

The couple left the reception in an E type, I noticed it was an American spec right hand drive. Sums up the day quite nicely I think. :tsu: 

• Like 1

the whole wedding was boring and painful up until the speech by the American priest. the guy stole the show. 

Watching the replay on PBS. Yes, the bride and groom along with Charles and Meghan's mother did walk out to the left of the altar. They went to sign the registers. I knew I saw that this morning. I wasn't still asleep. Now the cellist is playing. He is at the pillars in front of the guests with the orchestra. They will return to the altar right before they play God Save The Queen.

I keep looking at the black rectangle in the aisle. I know what it is. The pillars with the greenery and flowers are in front of the invited guests. It seems like there is still quite a bit of aisle after that until you get to the altar. I wonder how clearly they could see what was happening. The pews by the altar are sideways and seem to have the choir and their families.

Edited by susieice

8 hours ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

The couple left the reception in an E type, I noticed it was an American spec right hand drive. Sums up the day quite nicely I think. :tsu: 

Regrettably it was an Elon Mush-esque "green" fake ... http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2018/05/19/harry-and-meghans-blue-jaguar-is-500000-green-machine.html

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, susieice said:

Watching the replay on PBS. Yes, the bride and groom along with Charles and Meghan's mother did walk out to the left of the altar. They went to sign the registers. I knew I saw that this morning. I wasn't still asleep. Now the cellist is playing. He is at the pillars in front of the guests with the orchestra. They will return to the altar right before they play God Save The Queen.

I keep looking at the black rectangle in the aisle. I know what it is. The pillars with the greenery and flowers are in front of the invited guests. It seems like there is still quite a bit of aisle after that until you get to the altar. I wonder how clearly they could see what was happening. The pews by the altar are sideways and seem to have the choir and their families.

That cellist was good.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

That's unfortunate, although probably better than expecting somebody born in the mid 80's to cope with a manual choke. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

I just saw that video and it's what we call left hand drive? :huh:

Harry and Meghan have new titles:

Prince Harry has become Baron Kilkeel - one of the titles gifted to him by the Queen on his wedding day.

The Prince is the first royal to have been granted the title, but he will no doubt feel at home when he visits the capital of the ancient kingdom of Mourne.

He will also be known as the Earl of Dunbarton and the Duke of Sussex.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-44181213

Prince Harry has been given a Scottish title by the Queen.

He will be the third Earl of Dumbarton - a title that has strong military connections and one not used since 1749.

On her marriage, Meghan Markle has become the Countess of Dumbarton.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-44180383

• Like 1

1 hour ago, .ZZ. said:

It's what we call left hand drive too.

What caught my attention in that video was Meghan's ring, it belonged to Diana. It was nice to see Meghan wearing it.

As Meghan waved to onlookers as they left, an emerald-cut aquamarine ring which belonged to Harry's late mother Diana, Princess of Wales, could clearly be seen on her right hand.

https://news.sky.com/story/now-for-the-after-party-harry-and-meghans-evening-reception-begins-11378889

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

It's what we call left hand drive too.

What caught my attention in that video was Meghan's ring, it belonged to Diana. It was nice to see Meghan wearing it.

The empty seat next to Prince William also. Diana was very much present yesterday. Prince Harry is very much her son.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, susieice said:

The empty seat next to Prince William also. Diana was very much present yesterday. Prince Harry is very much her son.

There were more too.

9 Times Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Honored Princess Diana at Their Wedding

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/g20716926/prince-harry-meghan-markle-princess-diana-royal-wedding/

• Like 2

8 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

That cellist was good.

Apparently, ITV advertised his new album - "Inspiration" - during its next ad break after he performed. Born in Nottingham in 1999, he began playing the cello aged 6.

Image result for sheku kanneh-mason inspiration

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, .ZZ. said:

Yes, you are correct. I was having a brain fade moment.  

• Like 1

On 19/05/2018 at 2:19 PM, .ZZ. said:

Oh, and on whose backs are the funds coming from to pay for all of this pomp and circumstance?

The Royal family. Everything except security is paid from the sovereign grant. 

Meghan's tribute to California in coat of arms design

The design was approved by the Queen and also features three quills to represent the power of words and communication.

https://news.sky.com/story/meghans-tribute-to-california-in-coat-of-arms-design-11385332