Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

128-year-old woman 'miserable her entire life'

51 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

RabidMongoose
3 minutes ago, UM-Bot said:

A woman thought to be the world's oldest living human has referred to her extremely long life as a 'punishment'.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/318156/128-year-old-woman-miserable-her-entire-life

And the fermented milk crops up again with its bacteria providing life extending nutrients.

Such as rare forms of vitamin B3. Has her age been accepted yet? Mice have already been de-aged with rare forms of vitamin B3 in large doses, its only a matter of time. Lower doses from fermented milk should be slowing down aging.

Nicotinamide Riboside, Nictinamide Mononucleotide, and significant amounts of pydridine compounds in black coffee (milk removes them). All increase NAD+.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wickian

I guess her religious beliefs prevent her from committing suicide if she hates living so much?  If she is as old as she claims she has the right to complain her garden and all those young whippersnappers with their segues, wheelchairs and canes trampling her garden that she also hates.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rlyeh
1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

And the fermented milk crops up again with its bacteria providing life extending nutrients.

Where does the article say anything about milk?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
seanjo

Aye well, that's Communism for ya!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, UM-Bot said:

A woman thought to be the world's oldest living human has referred to her extremely long life as a 'punishment'.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/318156/128-year-old-woman-miserable-her-entire-life

That's sad.

She's been through a lot.

Her hands have seen some hard labor. 

And she's outlived her daughter.

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Baldylocks
Posted (edited)

Shes outlived her loved ones...if anyone is still cheery etc after that...hats off to you, never let  that mindset go.

Edited by Baldylocks
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
Quote


"Looking back at my unhappy life, I wish I had died when I was young," she said. "I worked all my life. I did not have time for rest or entertainment."
 

This woman has my deepest sympathies, as I understand how that feels. Maybe soon she'll find peace. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Baldylocks

Its mad to think shes made it to 28 twice (pretty much) and I haven't even got there once yet...only two years to go for me though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

I'm knocking on 40's front door. I can't image making it to 128. Hope I don't live that long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Baldylocks
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I'm knocking on 40's front door. I can't image making it to 128. Hope I don't live that long.

Most of my family have gone in their 70s, so I wont be making it to 100 let alone 128 lol.

Edited by Baldylocks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
Just now, Baldylocks said:

Most of my family have gone in their 70s, so I wont be making it to 100 let alone 128 lol.

Seems I'm looking at 80-100 years of life. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Baldylocks
5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Seems I'm looking at 80-100 years of life. 

I don't know anyone in my family who has made it to their 80s. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

My grandmother is 99 and my grandfather is 79. Both are widowers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Baldylocks
12 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

My grandmother is 99 and my grandfather is 79. Both are widowers.

Damn...fair enough. Cant complain with those ages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seti42

Damn, that's something real...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guyver

Well, it is said that wisdom comes with the aged.....she does break down some wisdom.  Life sucks.  Just goes to show.....gettcha yers when ya can.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stiff

I don't know of any single member of my family that have made it past their 60's so it looks like I have less than ten years left going by that. But you know what? I don't care. I've lived a full life and if I died tomorrow I still wouldn't complain.  I've enjoyed pretty much every minute of my life and I believe life is what you make of it. You wanna moan and whine about it? Fine. I don't (although there's plenty of times I could have). Life's for living. Enjoy it while you're here.  You're a long time dead. :)

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

It is not the quantity but the quality that matters.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stiff
16 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

It is not the quantity but the quality that matters.

Exactly right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
12 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

And the fermented milk crops up again with its bacteria providing life extending nutrients.

Such as rare forms of vitamin B3. Has her age been accepted yet? Mice have already been de-aged with rare forms of vitamin B3 in large doses, its only a matter of time. Lower doses from fermented milk should be slowing down aging.

Nicotinamide Riboside, Nictinamide Mononucleotide, and significant amounts of pydridine compounds in black coffee (milk removes them). All increase NAD+.

 

Yes, but it also, apparently, makes people MISERABLE!  :w00t:  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
1 hour ago, Stiff said:

I don't know of any single member of my family that have made it past their 60's so it looks like I have less than ten years left going by that. But you know what? I don't care. I've lived a full life and if I died tomorrow I still wouldn't complain.  I've enjoyed pretty much every minute of my life and I believe life is what you make of it. You wanna moan and whine about it? Fine. I don't (although there's plenty of times I could have). Life's for living. Enjoy it while you're here.  You're a long time dead. :)

I'm right there with you!  My folks both died in their mid-60's and I'm less than a decade from that but if I died today, I couldn't complain about having had a bad life.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Almighty Evan

128-year-old woman 'miserable her entire life'

Who keeps track of who the oldest people are?

April 22, 2018, courtesy of the Washington Post:

The world’s oldest person died at 117. She was the last known person born in the 19th century

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2018/04/22/the-worlds-oldest-person-died-at-117-she-was-the-last-known-person-born-in-the-19th-century/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.acd7f5da4f07

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.