Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

128-year-old woman 'miserable her entire life'

UM-Bot

• The title was changed to 128-year-old woman 'miserable her entire life'
3 minutes ago, UM-Bot said:

A woman thought to be the world's oldest living human has referred to her extremely long life as a 'punishment'.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/318156/128-year-old-woman-miserable-her-entire-life

And the fermented milk crops up again with its bacteria providing life extending nutrients.

Such as rare forms of vitamin B3. Has her age been accepted yet? Mice have already been de-aged with rare forms of vitamin B3 in large doses, its only a matter of time. Lower doses from fermented milk should be slowing down aging.

Nicotinamide Riboside, Nictinamide Mononucleotide, and significant amounts of pydridine compounds in black coffee (milk removes them). All increase NAD+.

• Like 1

I guess her religious beliefs prevent her from committing suicide if she hates living so much?  If she is as old as she claims she has the right to complain her garden and all those young whippersnappers with their segues, wheelchairs and canes trampling her garden that she also hates.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

And the fermented milk crops up again with its bacteria providing life extending nutrients.

Where does the article say anything about milk?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UM-Bot said:

A woman thought to be the world's oldest living human has referred to her extremely long life as a 'punishment'.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/318156/128-year-old-woman-miserable-her-entire-life

That's sad.

She's been through a lot.

Her hands have seen some hard labor. 

And she's outlived her daughter.

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 4

Shes outlived her loved ones...if anyone is still cheery etc after that...hats off to you, never let  that mindset go.

Edited by Baldylocks
  • Like 1

"Looking back at my unhappy life, I wish I had died when I was young," she said. "I worked all my life. I did not have time for rest or entertainment."

This woman has my deepest sympathies, as I understand how that feels. Maybe soon she'll find peace. 

• Like 4

Its mad to think shes made it to 28 twice (pretty much) and I haven't even got there once yet...only two years to go for me though.

I'm knocking on 40's front door. I can't image making it to 128. Hope I don't live that long.

33 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I'm knocking on 40's front door. I can't image making it to 128. Hope I don't live that long.

Most of my family have gone in their 70s, so I wont be making it to 100 let alone 128 lol.

Edited by Baldylocks

Just now, Baldylocks said:

Most of my family have gone in their 70s, so I wont be making it to 100 let alone 128 lol.

Seems I'm looking at 80-100 years of life. 

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Seems I'm looking at 80-100 years of life. 

I don't know anyone in my family who has made it to their 80s. 

12 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

My grandmother is 99 and my grandfather is 79. Both are widowers.

Damn...fair enough. Cant complain with those ages.

Well, it is said that wisdom comes with the aged.....she does break down some wisdom.  Life sucks.  Just goes to show.....gettcha yers when ya can.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't know of any single member of my family that have made it past their 60's so it looks like I have less than ten years left going by that. But you know what? I don't care. I've lived a full life and if I died tomorrow I still wouldn't complain.  I've enjoyed pretty much every minute of my life and I believe life is what you make of it. You wanna moan and whine about it? Fine. I don't (although there's plenty of times I could have). Life's for living. Enjoy it while you're here.  You're a long time dead. :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

It is not the quantity but the quality that matters.

Exactly right.

12 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Such as rare forms of vitamin B3. Has her age been accepted yet? Mice have already been de-aged with rare forms of vitamin B3 in large doses, its only a matter of time. Lower doses from fermented milk should be slowing down aging.

Nicotinamide Riboside, Nictinamide Mononucleotide, and significant amounts of pydridine compounds in black coffee (milk removes them). All increase NAD+.

Yes, but it also, apparently, makes people MISERABLE!  :w00t:  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Stiff said:

I don't know of any single member of my family that have made it past their 60's so it looks like I have less than ten years left going by that. But you know what? I don't care. I've lived a full life and if I died tomorrow I still wouldn't complain.  I've enjoyed pretty much every minute of my life and I believe life is what you make of it. You wanna moan and whine about it? Fine. I don't (although there's plenty of times I could have). Life's for living. Enjoy it while you're here.  You're a long time dead. :)

I'm right there with you!  My folks both died in their mid-60's and I'm less than a decade from that but if I died today, I couldn't complain about having had a bad life.  

• Like 1

128-year-old woman 'miserable her entire life'

Who keeps track of who the oldest people are?

April 22, 2018, courtesy of the Washington Post:

The world’s oldest person died at 117. She was the last known person born in the 19th century

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2018/04/22/the-worlds-oldest-person-died-at-117-she-was-the-last-known-person-born-in-the-19th-century/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.acd7f5da4f07

• Like 1

10 hours ago, XenoFish said:

My grandmother is 99 and my grandfather is 79. Both are widowers.

Oh I love that comment. Think about it. LOL. Can I use that sometime?

• Haha 1