Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Eagle and Serpent

FFA

Two gods and one world. The symbology is all around us and most never notice.

Matt has done his homework and makes a lot of good connections.

• Like 2

Mass comparison at it's worst.  The author of this video is clueless in actual history and mythology.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

Mass comparison at it's worst.  The author of this video is clueless in actual history and mythology.

How about a specific example?

• Like 1

This is one interpretation of observations which can be made.

Dualism is a very hard habit to break.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, FFA said:

How about a specific example?

The dragon began it's existence as the Proto-Indo-Iranian/Aryan "Azi" the wolf headed serpent, who was thrown into the night sky by Menot the Moon God. He was carried both East and West by the Scythians and Samatians. The Greeks were not Indo-European. They were the 3rd party in the breakup between the Indo-Iranian and Indo-Aryan. (Proto-Greco-Armenian and Zeus and Poseidon  never had any real issues with each other. One was the Proto-Indo (Yamaya) god of the sky (Dyeus Pater)  the other god of the sea and probably borrowed from the Minoans.

Edited by Piney
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Wow! Someone is trying to keep our consciousness down. Here I thought it was reality shows this whole time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 5/19/2018 at 6:16 PM, eight bits said:

History: There is no evidence that the druids were expelled en masse from Ireland. The Christian conversion was nearly bloodless; the druids weren't killed, either. Recall that the druids would have been the top members of the educated workforce, Irish society didn't have the luxury of getting rid of them, even if it had wanted to, which doesn't appear to be what anybody wanted to do anyway. Christianity is both a total and a priestly religion - it needs full-time staff to operate. Chances are fairly good that the druids simply kept their jobs and started saying nice things about Jesus, but otherwise kept on doing pretty much what they'd always done.

The Druid Class had become the Priestly Class until They were no longer allowed to marry. I think it was Henry I that busted up their aristocracy but I don't remember for sure. 

• Like 4

The India sacred books, for example, do contain much in the way of the battle that occurred between Enlil and Enki.

Edited by Truthseeker007
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Truthseeker007 said:

The India sacred books, for example, do contain much in the way of the battle that occurred between Enlil and Enki.

Well, If Enlil and Enki originated with the Hittites it wouldn't be surprising. They both came out of the Yamaya Culture.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Piney said:

Well, If Enlil and Enki originated with the Hittites it wouldn't be surprising. They both came out of the Yamaya Culture.

There are many theories of Enlil and Enki but as far as the stories go they were classified as gods by the humans. We will never know for sure unless they pull up on a spaceship and say here we are.:lol: There is some interesting channeled material on the subject that is for sure.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Truthseeker007 said:

There are many theories of Enlil and Enki but as far as the stories go they were classified as gods by the humans. We will never know for sure unless they pull up on a spaceship and say here we are.:lol: There is some interesting channeled material on the subject that is for sure.

The Indo Cultures deified their ancestors, nature and borrowed local gods from wherever they settled. It gets rather interesting sorting everything out. It can't be done unless you understand languages, and most of these alternative researchers can't.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

The Indo Cultures deified their ancestors, nature and borrowed local gods from wherever they settled. It gets rather interesting sorting everything out. It can't be done unless you understand languages, and most of these alternative researchers can't.

I need a time machine. Then again I could end up on a whole different timeline or parallel universe.:lol:

• Haha 3

I'm trying to understand how symbolism is being used here. (It could be me, possible slight learning disability putting up a wall in front of my eyes. :o ) But, is symbolism being used to describe there are gods and are hidden, or that it's being used to described the outlook of how societies, royal houses, and individuals see themselves? I would think that mythology and spiritual symbols tend to play into that, since spirituality and religious influence plays a big part in a lot of societies and houses and how they were influenced. 

As I listen more to the video, I don't think I understand how the symbols are influencing societies. I would think the symbols were being influenced through societies. 

Bald Eagle, US National Emblem. The bald eagle was chosen June 20, 1782 as the emblem of the United States of America, because of its long life, great strength and majestic looks, and also because it was then believed to exist only on this continent. 

It seems to me that the flags tends to have what they feel is represented in their countries, on their flags.

I think things like crests, have more of a representation, than mean thinking there is influence through the symbols.

Some mythological creatures were also used on coats of arms and crests with specific significance in heraldry.

Does the narrator of the video have proof of the 'gods' that have come before and that it's trickled down the bloodline of man? 

(Of course, that is if, I understood the meaning of the OP here. ;)  :blink:  

• Like 1

Hah, I've watched this before. I ran into it while looking for videos on Sumerian linguistics. It is hilarious. My partner and I watched it and had to keep pausing because we were laughing so hard, due to the sheer insanity of it all. The speaker has no idea what "proof" means, and just states random stuff and several minutes later declaring it true.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 5/19/2018 at 6:16 PM, eight bits said:

Saint Patrick, fancifully discussed in the video.

Mythology: it is a common thing in many cultures to spin a myth about a natural phenomenon (e.g. there are no snakes native to Ireland) that attributes the phenomenon to a supernatural deed by a god or hero. The "expulsion" of the snakes is an example of that theme, not a "coded message" about the triumph of Western Catholicism over Serpent-knowing druids. There've been no snakes in Ireland since the last Ice Age, it appears. Patrick had nothing to do with it, no Irish person in his time would have thought that he did ("What snakes?").

History: There is no evidence that the druids were expelled en masse from Ireland. The Christian conversion was nearly bloodless; the druids weren't killed, either. Recall that the druids would have been the top members of the educated workforce, Irish society didn't have the luxury of getting rid of them, even if it had wanted to, which doesn't appear to be what anybody wanted to do anyway. Christianity is both a total and a priestly religion - it needs full-time staff to operate. Chances are fairly good that the druids simply kept their jobs and started saying nice things about Jesus, but otherwise kept on doing pretty much what they'd always done.

Not sure what you are implying here. To change the druids outward projection of their belief system to fall in line with the Christianization of Ireland was seen as a win by the Catholic Church. This accomplishment could have been the allegory of St. Patrick and the metaphor of chasing out the snakes that attacked him could have been the perceived conquering of the Druid belief system. Even if druids still practiced their beliefs in caves the perception of the common folk would kneel before the Catholic Church in time.

On 5/19/2018 at 10:10 PM, Piney said:

The dragon began it's existence as the Proto-Indo-Iranian/Aryan "Azi" the wolf headed serpent, who was thrown into the night sky by Menot the Moon God. He was carried both East and West by the Scythians and Samatians. The Greeks were not Indo-European. They were the 3rd party in the breakup between the Indo-Iranian and Indo-Aryan. (Proto-Greco-Armenian and Zeus and Poseidon  never had any real issues with each other. One was the Proto-Indo (Yamaya) god of the sky (Dyeus Pater)  the other god of the sea and probably borrowed from the Minoans.

Correct me if I’m wrong here, but doesn’t the proto-writing of the Sumerians pre-date the Indo-Iranians by at least 1000 years? Doesn’t Sumer predate the Porto-indo deities and the Minoans, are gods recycled only from their latest references? He is citing earlier references than you and associating more well known Greek gods with earlier Sumer gods. Also, he said Enki was represented by a serpent not a dragon (or wolf headed serpent). Some symbols on some Mesopotamian cylinder seals (again pre-dating any of your historical references) have been said to be similar to the caduceus or staff of Hermes of the Greek pantheon. This symbol is also used by druids of the hermetic order to symbolize the wand of the Thrice Great (Hermes Trismegistus). As far as Zues and Poseidon go didn’t Poseidon build his own kingdom at the bottom of the sea....just about as far as you can get away from Olympus?

Sure this guy is making some assertions and leaps based on his research and beliefs. But I’m not sure why you want to tear down this guys ideas while offering none of your own.

We are not smarter than our ancestors, we are not all knowing, a plethora of knowledge has been lost in this world but for some reason symbolism has prevailed especially within occult and secret societies. You can laugh and dismiss others easily but it doesn’t elevate your thoughts and beliefs to do so.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Throughthelookingmirror said:

Correct me if I’m wrong here, but doesn’t the proto-writing of the Sumerians pre-date the Indo-Iranians by at least 1000 years? Doesn’t Sumer predate the Porto-indo deities and the Minoans, are gods recycled only from their latest references? He is citing earlier references than you and associating more well known Greek gods with earlier Sumer gods. Also, he said Enki was represented by a serpent not a dragon (or wolf headed serpent). Some symbols on some Mesopotamian cylinder seals (again pre-dating any of your historical references) have been said to be similar to the caduceus or staff of Hermes of the Greek pantheon. This symbol is also used by druids of the hermetic order to symbolize the wand of the Thrice Great (Hermes Trismegistus). As far as Zues and Poseidon go didn’t Poseidon build his own kingdom at the bottom of the sea....just about as far as you can get away from Olympus?

It's a "reconstructed" idea and Sumer doesn't predate the Proto-Indo Europeans. Although they were in contact with them. 

The earliest shrine ever discovered was dedicated to a snake. It was universal. 

https://www.apollon.uio.no/english/articles/2006/python-english.html

Poseidon was borrowed from the Minoans. Dyeus Pater (Father Sky/ Zeus) was a Indo-European god.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Throughthelookingmirror said:

To change the druids outward projection of their belief system to fall in line with the Christianization of Ireland was seen as a win by the Catholic Church.

Doubtless. The point of Patrick's mission was to convert the Irish, and it seems indisputable that he succeeded - bloodlessly.

I was responding to one of the video's claims which was based on a supposed expulsion of druids from Ireland. There's no evidence that they were expelled, and a lot of reasons to think they weren't. They converted.

We know there was some hefty non-violent accommodation of the pre-Christian religion by the newbies. "Saint" Brigid of Kildare is visibly the goddess of the same name (and at root, the same goddess as Athena in the Greek inflection). She remains the patron saint of Ireland to this day (yup, Ireland has two, Patrick and her). In fact, talk about synchronicity, today is her feast day! (Candlemas eve don't you know ... pagan symbolism canonized in the church's own calendar; fancy that).

Even "naked eye" archeology: seek out some of the old stone churches in the Irish countryside and see for yourself the sacred well from back when the same site was druid country.

So, it was a peaceful revolution. As for where the druids practiced thereafter, probably in the churches on Sundays and feast days - like today. And you better believe that Brigid could throw a rockin' party for mid-winter's day.

BTW, Welcome aboard.

Edited by eight bits
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, eight bits said:

I was responding to one of the video's claims which was based on a supposed expulsion of druids from Ireland. There's no evidence that they were expelled, and a lot of reasons to think they weren't. They converted.

They became the Christian Priestly Class, which is why Henry was so hard up to ban the marriage of priests in Ireland. 

• Like 1