Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
kelleiwhat

Career Reading Requested

9 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

kelleiwhat

Hi All,

I was hoping someone might be able to help me. I was laid off a little while back and I've been having a very hard time finding a new, full-time position. I'm feeling like a little bit of a failure and I'm kind of lost right now. Can someone please give me some idea of what I should look for, when things might start to look up, or something I should be doing differently? Anything you can offer would be great appreciated.

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
XenoFish

Perhaps take a part time job until you can find a full time job.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kismit

Yep part time is a good start.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
seanjo
9 hours ago, kelleiwhat said:

Hi All,

I was hoping someone might be able to help me. I was laid off a little while back and I've been having a very hard time finding a new, full-time position. I'm feeling like a little bit of a failure and I'm kind of lost right now. Can someone please give me some idea of what I should look for, when things might start to look up, or something I should be doing differently? Anything you can offer would be great appreciated.

Thank you

What is your trade/ specialty?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney

Or find something you can do even if you don't like it. I hated repairing cars but something had to pay for college courses, bills and because I was a single father, my son.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kelleiwhat
4 hours ago, seanjo said:

What is your trade/ specialty?

 

Event marketing. It's a fairly specific trade, I know. But it's the only thing I'm really good at and enjoy doing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kelleiwhat
3 hours ago, Piney said:

Or find something you can do even if you don't like it. I hated repairing cars but something had to pay for college courses, bills and because I was a single father, my son.

Yes, that is something I'm looking at doing now. I just hate the idea of starting a job, knowing I'm going to leave it as soon as I find something better. It feels dishonest to me and I don't like screwing people over for my own ends. :(

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
3 minutes ago, kelleiwhat said:

Yes, that is something I'm looking at doing now. I just hate the idea of starting a job, knowing I'm going to leave it as soon as I find something better. It feels dishonest to me and I don't like screwing people over for my own ends. :(

You make sure they know it is only temporary. Both shops were owned by friends of mine and I actually found one of them a replacement.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lightbox
Posted (edited)

PM

Edited by Lightbox
PM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.