Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Career Reading Requested

kelleiwhat

Hi All,

I was hoping someone might be able to help me. I was laid off a little while back and I've been having a very hard time finding a new, full-time position. I'm feeling like a little bit of a failure and I'm kind of lost right now. Can someone please give me some idea of what I should look for, when things might start to look up, or something I should be doing differently? Anything you can offer would be great appreciated.

Thank you

Or find something you can do even if you don't like it. I hated repairing cars but something had to pay for college courses, bills and because I was a single father, my son.

4 hours ago, seanjo said:

What is your trade/ specialty?

Event marketing. It's a fairly specific trade, I know. But it's the only thing I'm really good at and enjoy doing. 

3 hours ago, Piney said:

Or find something you can do even if you don't like it. I hated repairing cars but something had to pay for college courses, bills and because I was a single father, my son.

Yes, that is something I'm looking at doing now. I just hate the idea of starting a job, knowing I'm going to leave it as soon as I find something better. It feels dishonest to me and I don't like screwing people over for my own ends. :(

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kelleiwhat said:

Yes, that is something I'm looking at doing now. I just hate the idea of starting a job, knowing I'm going to leave it as soon as I find something better. It feels dishonest to me and I don't like screwing people over for my own ends. :(

You make sure they know it is only temporary. Both shops were owned by friends of mine and I actually found one of them a replacement.

• Like 1