Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Critically Endangered Forests Were Man Made

Piney

So they were the original elves then?  Or to be more serious they spread trees as fanatically as the Romans built roads and aqueducts?

Edited by Wickian
  • Like 1

It seems to me to be more theory than fact although not too unlikely. I wouldn't give humanity the badge of 'global heroes' off of it because judging off this modern map and how there already were millions of trees, they didn't contribute much.

Distribution ranges of South American Araucaria:
5b011743b5537_ScreenShot2018-05-19at11_35_30PM.png.80bdd8d3cb593888be67ec41ae55e37c.png
https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Distribution-ranges-of-South-American-Araucaria-Araucaria-araucana-in-Argentina-and_fig1_262825946

5 hours ago, Wickian said:

So they were the original elves then?  Or to be more serious they spread trees as fanatically as the Romans built roads and aqueducts?

My people did the same. Even though they were considered "tethered nomads" they planted groves of fruit and nuts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dwarf vs grey ufo said:

It seems to me to be more theory than fact although not too unlikely. I wouldn't give humanity the badge of 'global heroes' off of it because judging off this modern map and how there already were millions of trees, they didn't contribute much.

There has been a long proven correlation between the spread of certain trees and plants due to certain tribes in North America. The Eastern U.S was pine forests and then masts  fruit trees and certain plants appeared along with the Archaic groups that traveled North. Wet sites in Florida proved these peoples were pretty advanced. 

• Like 2

You know someone's gonna use this to bolster an argument that we can just trash them now. 

It is silvaculture, agriculture in a time and size scale that make it unfamiliar to Europeans. Imagine crops that would take generations to tend and watch mature.  Food, firewood, building materials,shade, climate control, hunting, and land shaping all at once.  A lot less work and a lot more return than plowing the prairie to plant wheat.

On 5/19/2018 at 11:37 PM, dwarf vs grey ufo said:

I wouldn't give humanity the badge of 'global heroes' off of it because judging off this modern map and how there already were millions of trees, they didn't contribute much.

Ease up dwarf..  Sometimes saving the world just starts with taking care of the place you live.

On 5/20/2018 at 4:31 AM, Piney said:

There has been a long proven correlation between the spread of certain trees and plants due to certain tribes in North America. The Eastern U.S was pine forests and then masts  fruit trees and certain plants appeared along with the Archaic groups that traveled North. Wet sites in Florida proved these peoples were pretty advanced. 

Piney, is hickory included in that suite?  I never saw any in Texas, but we had some godawful big pecan trees.  Some looked to be wild, but I guess they had been introduced in the last century.  My grandmother could make a pecan pie that was a wonder.