Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Firm wants to build city of floating pyramids

UM-Bot

Wow, that looks absolutely spectacular, especially the underwater rooms with a panoramic view of the marine life. A kind of futuristic Venice if you were.

But... it does throw up rather more questions than answers. It does hit upon storms and hurricanes but not just that. How do they stop from just generally drifting away with the currents and such? Will solar be enough to power a large mall? Would people get sea-sick when it's choppy? The list goes on. I guess they must have thought about these kind of things and not gone too in depth with the basic video.

I really hope this takes off! 

It would be fine until the first hurricane or tsunami. 

Having been to Italy a number of times I can say it is quite beautiful or it was in years past. Unfortunately, a lot of the coastal towns etc. dump raw sewage right into the ocean. The same beaches that tourists swim in. I imagine this great architect/designer(sarcasm) has the same intentions.

Assuming it could go down under the sea, to a certain depth. Then it could be safe from hurricanes, however the tsunamis is a whole different story.

• 3 weeks later...

Love the idea, BUT since Earth is changing, and the weather is unpredictable than ever before, no where can be totally safe, no matter where in the world.