Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Line of Cain, Abel and Seth

Opus Magnus

As far as I know, in Genesis when discussing the lineage of the first people, there is little to no mention of their daughters. It never says Abel didn't have a wife and children, and that may be why Cain asked for the mark so sincerely: that Abel's offspring in distant lands would have taken revenge. During those times men were living to be 900 years old, and had a long time to make offspring that aren't mentioned.

Also, the line of Cain might not be gone, by sake of women not men. Because Noah's three sons who replenish the earth are all offspring of Seth, Adam and Eve's third son. But it isn't mentioned what line their wives belong to, and since the son of Ham, Noah's third son, is Caanan, it is likely Ham's wife is a descendent of Cain. There may also be bloodlines of Abel, if one of the wives are from his offspring. This may be a reason for some kind of deep instinctual feuding if it were true in the human race.

Not being demeaning but i find it so hard to accept that some people still believe these myths and stories. 900 year old people, floods that killed all trace of man (except noahs gang) and most animal life. So much assumption to fill in the blank spots with little or no fact to back it up, but to each his own.

• Like 8

I guess I would join in with the others and ask, what makes you think the story is true?  I mean, it seems that just because it uses the word God, people just believe that’s God.  In the story, it wasn’t Adam and Eve, it was just Adam.  The “God” who made Adam, didn’t seem to know that he would need a wife.

its like, alright I’ve made all this and it is good!  And one of the angels whispers....hey boss...you forget something?  Adam has no girlfriend.  Oops.  Kindof a big oversight there....doncha think?

• Like 4

Well, generally, what I have heard is that the three sons of Noah: Japheth, Shem, and Ham. Japheth means to enlarge its borders, Shem translates to the red of the sun setting at dusk, and Ham is something like charred black. So, Shem and Japheth were blessed by Noah, that Japheth would dwell in the tents of Shem. So Japheth would enlarge and expand while Shem would be a sort of defender of the other brothers. So, they are the three new root races, white, red and black.

The age of man drops drastically after the fall of the Tower of Babel to its current age.

And yeah, all mankind started out inbreeding, and then spread out before it could cause real damage. Inbreeding is a literal sin in the Torah, but remember Abraham married his sister, and Jacob married his cousin.

• Like 1

and Lot banged his two daughters. And "God" seems OK with this?

It seems obvious, but let me ask: Opus, do you believe in the literal truth of the bible? Do you actually think that the events recorded in the OT are verbatim truth?

• Like 2

As others have said these are just myths. But even in  Christian context, those bloodlines and genealogies aren't important.

As far as I understand they are there because the ancient Hebrews were a very clan-based society where the survival of one's bloodline into the future was a incredibly important thing to secure. Since it was so important for them during their everyday lives, they logically also attributed that to their mythological culture founders.
That's why we get all that begat-ing and "your children will number the stars" and why it's so bad to marry outside the tribe and so forth and so forth. It's a leftover from a more primitive culture and belief-system (pre-Second-Temple period).

Edited by Orphalesion
  • Like 7

You have to take into consideration that Eve was created from Adam's rib...as a Help Mate to Adam.  Also take into consideration that in the Middle Eastern countries, even today, women are treated as fodder and have no rights.  So...it isn't difficult to grasp why there is no mention of daughters of Adam and Eve...they were all had for one reason...to procreate the new creation.  Over  the course of a hundred years or more, before the fall of Adam, there would therefore have been many generations of humans.  But things had changed you see...Adam needed more help actually than just a sexual playmate and procreation machine...so women took a bit more importance in the New Age of Cave Dwellers.  But all that is a mute point since the Seth line is all that remains today.

Edited by joc
  • Haha 1

Well, in the major prophets that's one thing God complained to Israel about. " Your princes used to be as rubies incomparable." In Chronicles, the priesthood was in trouble for marrying to the strange nations around them, and God complained, " They are polluted and can't even be priests." So all the men who had foreign wives were made to leave them and their children and start over.

But all forms of inbreeding, cousin, sibling, parents, family in law, are illegal in the Torah after the Genesis.

Edited by Opus Magnus

1 minute ago, Opus Magnus said:

Well, in the major prophets that's one thing God complained to Israel about. " Your princes used to be as rubies incomparable." In Chronicles, the priesthood was in trouble for marrying to the strange nations around them, and God complained, " They are polluted and can't even be priests." So all the men who had foreign wives were made to leave them and their children and start over.

But all forms of inbreeding, cousin, sibling, parents, family in law, are illegal in the Torah after the Genesis.

No doubt God new of the long term consequences of inbreeding and banned it.

• Like 1

And, I wouldn't just deny Ham. But, Nimrod was known as a mighty hunter, who descended from Ham and started the Tower of Babel, and basically started all of human civilization, starting the first major human cities. 

And Egypt and everything else because Abram was renamed Abraham as he was to dwell with Ham.

I wouldn't deny ham either, because without it, we wouldn't have BACON.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Opus Magnus said:

And, I wouldn't just deny Ham. But, Nimrod was known as a mighty hunter, who descended from Ham and started the Tower of Babel, and basically started all of human civilization, starting the first major human cities. 

And Egypt and everything else because Abram was renamed Abraham as he was to dwell with Ham.

Since civilisation and cities (Egypt, Sumeria, Indus etc) existed before Nimrod supposedly existed, how can he have started something that allready existed ?

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Since civilisation and cities (Egypt, Sumeria, Indus etc) existed before Nimrod supposedly existed, how can he have started something that allready existed ?

he had a TARDIS?

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Opus Magnus said:

As far as I know, in Genesis when discussing the lineage of the first people, there is little to no mention of their daughters. It never says Abel didn't have a wife and children, and that may be why Cain asked for the mark so sincerely: that Abel's offspring in distant lands would have taken revenge. During those times men were living to be 900 years old, and had a long time to make offspring that aren't mentioned.

Also, the line of Cain might not be gone, by sake of women not men. Because Noah's three sons who replenish the earth are all offspring of Seth, Adam and Eve's third son. But it isn't mentioned what line their wives belong to, and since the son of Ham, Noah's third son, is Caanan, it is likely Ham's wife is a descendent of Cain. There may also be bloodlines of Abel, if one of the wives are from his offspring. This may be a reason for some kind of deep instinctual feuding if it were true in the human race.

They basically got the story from older Mesopotamian stories. The writers of Genesis just made their little version for the Hebrews to follow.

See:

http://www.meta-religion.com/World_Religions/Ancient_religions/Mesopotamia/Epic_of_gilgamesh/biblical_parallels_in_sumerian_l.htm

The quarrels between herder god and farmer deity pairs such as Lahar and Ashnan or Enten and Emesh are similar in some respects to the quarrels of Cain and Abel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The Abraham story was created from other stories as well.

In short, Abraham, not a real person, means the sun god (sun) born out of the pyramid, i.e. land mound that arose after annual 150-day Nile flood, entity of the Heliopolis creation myth of Egyptology (2800BC), technically a syncretism of the supreme god-entity of the Heliopolis, Hermopolis, Memphis, and Thebes creation myths; who was also reconceptualized, in Hinduism, as the creator god Brahma; the gist of which is shown below.

One of the more significant unifying decipherments is the connection between the similarities of Jewish-Christian-Islam patriarch Abraham and the Hindu creator god Brahma, which overlap in at least six ways:

(a) Both Abraham and Brahma are the said-to-be creators all humans (Ra is the main creator god of the Egyptian pantheon).
(b) Both Abraham and Brahma have the same etymology: “Father Ra son of Nun” (water-fire-earth theory).
(c) Both Abraham and Brahma derived from the Nun (Noah and Ma-Nu, respectively).
(d) Both Abraham and Brahma have the same sister-wife, in namesake, Sarai and Saraswati, respectively.
(e) Both Abraham and Brahma have the same thrice sister-wife parable (creation by incest rewrite).
(f) The slaying of son reoccurs in both cases (release of the soul rewrite / Osiris-Horus splitting rewrite
http://www.eoht.info/page/Abraham

GW263H95.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

‘Ham’, the name of Noah’s second son, is pronounced ‘Chem’ in Hebrew, and he is depicted as the father of the Egyptian and African peoples. The name derives from the Egyptian word ‘Keme’, an ancient name for Egypt. It means ‘the black land’ and refers to the fertile black soil left behind when the annual Nile flood withdraws to its banks.”

Gary Greenberg (1996), 101 Myths of the Bible
  • Thanks 2

GW454H230.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Imagine what those folks back in the day would've came up with if they had internet or googles ...

~

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Opus Magnus said:

So, they are the three new root races, white, red and black.

:blink:  You should know that it is a LOT more complicated then that and the concept of a "Red Race" came out of 19th Century "thinking" without actually using a brain. Last time I checked, my people were Asian. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, JMPD1 said:

You do realize that these characters are not actual people, yes?

If we took the biblical story of genesis literally, within a few generations the human race would have been reduced to a small band of inbred mongoloid troglodytes. And within a few more generations would have ceased to exist entirely to due excessive recessive traits making survival impossible.

The people in the Ultra Orthodox community that was kicked out of Israel and settled in Ocean County would make your eyes pop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Piney said:

:blink:  You should know that it is a LOT more complicated then that and the concept of a "Red Race" came out of 19th Century "thinking" without actually using a brain. Last time I checked, my people were Asian. 

I have heard Atlanteans.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Truthseeker007 said:

I have heard Atlanteans.

Since I'm a member of the "6 Nations Aristocracy", I'm Atlantean. Ask Edgar. :tu:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2