Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Line of Cain, Abel and Seth

Opus Magnus

1 hour ago, Piney said:

:blink:  You should know that it is a LOT more complicated then that and the concept of a "Red Race" came out of 19th Century "thinking" without actually using a brain. Last time I checked, my people were Asian. 

According to a book I have American Indian...twenty seven thousand years ago ancient Eskimos crossed the Bering Strait following herds of Caribou...all of the American Indian races evolved from them...and yes...Ancient Eskimos were Asian.

Does that sound correct or outdated?

1 hour ago, joc said:

According to a book I have American Indian...twenty seven thousand years ago ancient Eskimos crossed the Bering Strait following herds of Caribou...all of the American Indian races evolved from them...and yes...Ancient Eskimos were Asian.

Does that sound correct or outdated?

The Eskimos was the third migration. The first probably followed the coastal route ( my ancestors). The second crossed the Bering Strait in boats (Athapaskan- the ancestors of the Apache and Navajo) and the final one was the Eskimos. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Piney said:

The Eskimos was the third migration. The first probably followed the coastal route ( my ancestors). The second crossed the Bering Strait in boats (Athapaskan- the ancestors of the Apache and Navajo) and the final one was the Eskimos. 

By sheer coincidence, I was reading last night about the Thule expansion out of Alaska.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thule_people

Edited by acute
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Truthseeker007 said:

What do you think of this link? I just found it and wondering if you know anything about it.

http://americanindiansandfriends.com/blog/atlantis-origins-and-connections-to-the-american-indian-peoples

chief_joseph_cueniform_tablet.jpg

This is utter trash, and to claim to know the contents of Joseph's medicine bag and putting it out in public is downright offensive. That would be like putting up a picture of his genitals in a Indians eyes. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Piney said:

This is utter trash, and to claim to know the contents of Joseph's medicine bag and putting it out in public is downright offensive. That would be like putting up a picture of his genitals in a Indians eyes. 

Well thanks for your point of view on it. I wonder how they would even know the contents of his bag.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Truthseeker007 said:

Well thanks for your point of view on it. I wonder how they would even know the contents of his bag.

They don't, unless they are grave robbers. :tu:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bibliography Information

Smith, William, Dr. "Entry for 'Shem'". "Smith's Bible Dictionary". . 1901.

SHEM

shem (shem; Sem):

1. Position in Noah's Family:

His Name:

The eldest son of Noah, from whom the Jews, as well as the Semitic ("Shemitic") nations in general have descended. When giving the names of Noah's three sons, Shem is always mentioned first (Genesis 9:18; 10:1, etc.); and though "the elder" in "Shem the brother of Japheth the elder" (Genesis 10:21 margin) is explained as referring to Shem, this is not the rendering of Onkelos. His five sons peopled the greater part of West Asia's finest tracts, from Elam on the East to the Mediterranean on the West. Though generally regarded as meaning "dusky" (compare the Assyr-Babylonian samu--also Ham--possibly = "black," Japheth, "fair"), it is considered possible that Shem may be the usual Hebrew word for "name" (shem), given him because he was the firstborn--a parallel to the Assyr-Babylonian usage, in which "son," "name" (sumu) are synonyms (W. A. Inscriptions, V, plural 23, 11,29-32abc).

https://www.biblestudytools.com/dictionary/shem/

Definition of Japheth

: a son of Noah held to be the progenitor of the Medes and Greeks

Word origin of 'Japheth'

LL(Ec) < Gr(Ec) < Heb yepheth, lit., enlargement: cf. Gen. 9:27

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.collinsdictionary.com/amp/english/japheth

The name Japheth is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Japheth is: May he expand. Enlargement. May He grant ample room. Japheth was the eldest son of Noah in the Old Testament

http://www.sheknows.com/baby-names/name/japheth

So, yeah, it's widely known that some native americans came from Asia. But, most Asians appear red, not yellow, and they were called Indians because the settlers thought they had landed in India because that's how the people looked.

• Confused 1

Shempersonified chesed, Ham personified gevura, and Japhethpersonified tiferet….

We can now explain the verse. For Ham, the father of Egypt(Gen. 10:6), embodied the power of the [five] states of gevura. Shem personified chesed, Ham personified gevura, and Japheth personified tiferet. That is why [the latter] is called "Japeth" ["yafet", meaning "beautiful"], for [tiferet] is a blend of the two colors white and red.

Shem, Ham, and Japheth were the three sons of Noah. The name "Ham" [in Hebrew, "Cham"] means "hot"; hence the association with gevura. Egypt is thus also associated with gevura.

https://www.chabad.org/kabbalah/article_cdo/aid/1735301/jewish/The-Finger-of-G-d-Part-3.htm

26 minutes ago, Opus Magnus said:

So, yeah, it's widely known that some native americans came from Asia. But, most Asians appear red, not yellow,

:blink:

@third_eye

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Columbus though America to be India because he was trying to get to India and hadn't considered that there might be a another continent in the way. He had this weird theory that the Earth was much smaller than assumed and that going west to get to India was actually feasible, people disagreed and that's why for a long time nobody was up to found his expedition.

Also at some point it seems "India" was just European shorthand for "exotic land outside Europe", like one of the proposed locations for the mythical Empire of Prester John, which was widely called "The Three Indias" was Sub-Saharan Africa... 

• Like 1

So, the Jews descend from Shem, but the word Semite not only pertains to Jewish people, but all people of the red color that descend from Shem. That, I think is a common misconception, that only Jews are Semites.

10 hours ago, Piney said:

Once upon a time, at a facility I worked at, someone turned in a medicine bag. The duty officer went to open it and I stopped him. I knew who it belonged to and made a special effort to locate and return it intact, unopened. 

I may not believe in spirits, but I do know what some people hold to be sacred and try to respect that. And if the owner put in a good word for me with his spirit guides, I won't complain. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Opus Magnus said:

So, the Jews descend from Shem, but the word Semite not only pertains to Jewish people, but all people of the red color that descend from Shem. That, I think is a common misconception, that only Jews are Semites.

"Semite" also refers to arabs as well as jews. You really are stretching to make facts fit your narrative, aren't you. Oh but hold on. Isn't that what theists do? Mangle language to fit their own definitions  to what they want words to mean?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Piney said:

@Piney

Yessss ? you saucy boy ....

~

The-Powdered-Wigs-stilt-performance-4.jp

:lol:

~

• Haha 2

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 12:44 PM, Opus Magnus said:

sooooo, if I am reading this correctly, Native Americans, Jews, Arabs, and people from India are all one "tribe"?

It really is astounding that one insignificant tribe of desert dwelling, sheep stealing, marauders had such an impact on world wide populations and genetic groups! 

• Haha 1

On 5/22/2018 at 4:06 PM, JMPD1 said:

sooooo, if I am reading this correctly, Native Americans, Jews, Arabs, and people from India are all one "tribe"?

It really is astounding that one insignificant tribe of desert dwelling, sheep stealing, marauders had such an impact on world wide populations and genetic groups! 

Not one tribe. Descending from one common ancestor. It means all people are essentially 'cousins'. You seem to be missing the point again. Shem was the first, and Abraham comes from a branch of Shem, and the Jews all descend from Abraham.

On 23/5/2018 at 12:06 AM, JMPD1 said:

Had little impact on Aboriginals in Australia.

Actually zero impact.

Edited by danydandan

DanyDanDan, I was responding to the OP's claim that the tribe of "shem" had world wide effect. :)

I dispute his interpretation of genetics and the origin of the common ancestry. Not that I am arguing against common ancestry, but rather his attempt to make reality fit his religious motif.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, JMPD1 said:

DanyDanDan, I was responding to the OP's claim that the tribe of "shem" had world wide effect. :)

I dispute his interpretation of genetics and the origin of the common ancestry. Not that I am arguing against common ancestry, but rather his attempt to make reality fit his religious motif.

I know you were responding to what the op claims.

I believe the Aboriginal Australians are probably the best example of how they did not have a world wide effect. Seeing as they were isolated for thousands of years.

• Like 3

Exactly. Since they were isolated long before the formation of the Semitic genetic group. I am curious how the Aborigines will fit into this narrative. I have an idea, but am breathless with anticipation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JMPD1 said:

Exactly. Since they were isolated long before the formation of the Semitic genetic group. I am curious how the Aborigines will fit into this narrative. I have an idea, but am breathless with anticipation.

Yeah I too would love to see an explanation for that.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, danydandan said:

I know you were responding to what the op claims.

I believe the Aboriginal Australians are probably the best example of how they did not have a world wide effect. Seeing as they were isolated for thousands of years.

More like 10's of thousands. I think between 45,000 and 60,000. Whereas the Americas had 2 influxes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, danydandan said:

Yeah I too would love to see an explanation for that.

Hi Dany

It doesn't give much of an explanation as to other groups like H.erectus, Neanderthals, Denisovans and why we have shared dna through mating with them and having a clear line of development going back more that 1 million yrs.

jmccr8

Edited by jmccr8
Forgot how to spell my name