Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Line of Cain, Abel and Seth

Opus Magnus

4 hours ago, JMPD1 said:

Exactly. Since they were isolated long before the formation of the Semitic genetic group. I am curious how the Aborigines will fit into this narrative. I have an idea, but am breathless with anticipation.

You really shouldn't do that, you will die from asphyxiation. :rolleyes:

• Haha 3

Oops.

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
Somehow managed to make a double post.
  • Haha 2

On 5/20/2018 at 7:54 PM, Orphalesion said:

But even in  Christian context, those bloodlines and genealogies aren't important.

The bloodlines are so important. 

On 5/20/2018 at 7:11 PM, Opus Magnus said:

As far as I know, in Genesis when discussing the lineage of the first people, there is little to no mention of their daughters. It never says Abel didn't have a wife and children, and that may be why Cain asked for the mark so sincerely: that Abel's offspring in distant lands would have taken revenge. During those times men were living to be 900 years old, and had a long time to make offspring that aren't mentioned.

Also, the line of Cain might not be gone, by sake of women not men. Because Noah's three sons who replenish the earth are all offspring of Seth, Adam and Eve's third son. But it isn't mentioned what line their wives belong to, and since the son of Ham, Noah's third son, is Caanan, it is likely Ham's wife is a descendent of Cain. There may also be bloodlines of Abel, if one of the wives are from his offspring. This may be a reason for some kind of deep instinctual feuding if it were true in the human race.

So when you say the he asked for the Mark so sincerely are you suggesting what I think you're suggesting?

Edited by Ellapennella

On 5/21/2018 at 6:39 AM, joc said:

According to a book I have American Indian...twenty seven thousand years ago ancient Eskimos crossed the Bering Strait following herds of Caribou...all of the American Indian races evolved from them...and yes...Ancient Eskimos were Asian.

Does that sound correct or outdated?

If I'm understanding you correctly are you suggesting that there is an importance in keeping a lineage record ? The bible begins with a lineage of genealogy for anyone to try and brush it aside as if it's untrue must have an ulterior motive as to why they would without ever trying to search biblical history in it for a better understanding of Christian faith and religion.  It's important to understand that over time the Hebrew people were slaughtered so that the bloodline would not bring forth the prophecy of the Messiah.   

42 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

The bloodlines are so important. 

Isn't Jesus supposed to be the son of god (or even god himself), so why are bloodlines even remotely important here. I would have thought that being the son of god trumps any bloodline ?

In any event according to the bible we all decend from the same two people and thus we are all from the same bloodline.

The parts of the bible that concerns itself with bloodlines, and lets face it it a big part, becomes redundant once it is claimed that Jesus is the son of god.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

So when you say the he asked for the Mark so sincerely are you suggesting what I think you're suggesting?

No, I don't think so. The main point of Cain, is that sacrifice is an artform. God warned Cain, that if he kept on trying his sacrifices would have been accepted. Just because God  chose Abel's sacrifice first didn't mean he was better, but if Cain kept trying to sacrifice he probably would have excelled Abel. Instead, Cain killed Abel out of Jealousy, and ruined his chances of ever gaining God's favor.

1 minute ago, Opus Magnus said:

No, I don't think so. The main point of Cain, is that sacrifice is an artform. God warned Cain, that if he kept on trying his sacrifices would have been accepted. Just because God  chose Abel's sacrifice first didn't mean he was better, but if Cain kept trying to sacrifice he probably would have excelled Abel. Instead, Cain killed Abel out of Jealousy, and ruined his chances of ever gaining God's favor.

I've looked into a lot on Cain and I still am trying to figure it out. Cain murdered his brother because of what?  I am thinking that the LORD  chose Abel's  offering because it had something to do with the bloodline of Cain. 

18 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Isn't Jesus supposed to be the son of god (or even god himself), so why are bloodlines even remotely important here. I would have thought that being the son of god trumps any bloodline ?

In any event according to the bible we all decend from the same two people and thus we are all from the same bloodline.

The parts of the bible that concerns itself with bloodlines, and lets face it it a big part, becomes redundant once it is claimed that Jesus is the son of god.

Bloodlines are an important historical reason mentioned in the Holy books because from a prophecy that the Messiah would come into the world from  one is why and he did.

ETA

DNA points GOD . Just in case if you don't believe that also.

Edited by Ellapennella

8 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

I've looked into a lot on Cain and I still am trying to figure it out. Cain murdered his brother because of what?  I am thinking that the LORD  chose Abel's  offering because it had something to do with the bloodline of Cain. 

I think God chose Abel's offering because it was cattle, and not Cain's because it was just vegetables.

So, it didn't actually mean Cain's offering was bad, it just would have taken more work to satisfy an appetite. So, God warns Cain to keep trying before he killed his brother, because the initial rejection had depressed him. Instead if heeding the warning, he killed his brother.

I've kind of given up trying to understand why some people are evil. I think they have descended into depths of Satan, that I will never be able to go to. As Christ says in Revelation, if you haven't commited the sins with them, he won't lay any further burden on you. So, I used to try to understand it, but it just turned into a waste of energy.

Edited by Opus Magnus

23 minutes ago, Opus Magnus said:

I think God chose Abel's offering because it was cattle, and not Cain's because it was just vegetables.

So, it didn't actually mean Cain's offering was bad, it just would have taken more work to satisfy an appetite. So, God warns Cain to keep trying before he killed his brother, because the initial rejection had depressed him. Instead if heeding the warning, he killed his brother.

I've kind of given up trying to understand why some people are evil. I think they have descended into depths of Satan, that I will never be able to go to. As Christ says in Revelation, if you haven't commited the sins with them, he won't lay any further burden on you. So, I used to try to understand it, but it just turned into a waste of energy.

When Kabbalist used the word Cattle it was usually referred secretly  to  gentiles,right? Where did you read that GOD warned Cain to keep trying before he made his own sacrifice and rejected God by doing so? I see it as the two paths.

I think that in Ephesians  there's a lot said about why things are the way that they are with people. I think It's very thought provoking. I think that maybe the LORD is talking about this world and it's burdens that are in it but not of GOD in it. Things effect a lot of people in this world because of sin , what is sin? the truth is if we all were to listen to GOD instead of temptations we would be more in the image of GOD and a lot better off.

Edited by Ellapennella

1 minute ago, Ellapennella said:

When Kabbalist used the word Cattle in  was usually referred secretly  to  gentiles,right? Where did you read that GOD warned Cain to keep trying before he made his own sacrifice and rejected God by doing so? I see it as the two paths.

I think that in Ephesians  there's a lot said about why things are the way that they are with people. I think It's very thought provoking. I think that maybe the LORD is talking about this world and it's burdens that are in it but not of GOD in it. Things effect a lot of people in this world because of sin , what is sin? the truth is if we all were to listen to GOD instead of temptations we would be more in the image of GOD and a lot better off.

Genesis 4:6-8

Pretty sure it directly means meat vs. vegetable offerings. Not sure what symbology it would represent at the time, since there would be few people in the earth, but I guess it could be taken very symbolic today.

I can't really follow Paul, I used to, but nothing he really says is original, and can be found in the Old Testament. Unless, he is usually contradicting Jesus himself, or the way the Old Testament was.

2 minutes ago, Opus Magnus said:

I can't really follow Paul, I used to, but nothing he really says is original, and can be found in the Old Testament. Unless, he is usually contradicting Jesus himself, or the way the Old Testament was.

He never knew Jesus. He just realized the Christians he was persecuting were growing and he had better change his tune.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Opus Magnus said:

Genesis 4:6-8

Pretty sure it directly means meat vs. vegetable offerings. Not sure what symbology it would represent at the time, since there would be few people in the earth, but I guess it could be taken very symbolic today.

I like how Yeshua pointed out that Mary of Magdalene understood what the others could not. Later the others were able to  understand thanks to Paul helping them come to a realization of why all people are to be included not just the Jew . Paul  brought this understanding to James & Peter. Do you get what I'm saying?

28 minutes ago, Piney said:

He never knew Jesus. He just realized the Christians he was persecuting were growing and he had better change his tune.

So whenever people say simple  things like what you just said I like to remind them of how dangerous it would be to live for the LORD in those days. Paul had it good until he walked away from it all to live for the LORD. 

1 hour ago, Ellapennella said:

Hi Ella

Cain and Able had the same parents the first two people on earth so the bloodline wouldn't have been different unless there was something else going on that nobody is talking about.

jmccr8

So whenever people say simple  things like what you just said I like to remind them of how dangerous it would be to live for the LORD in those days. Paul had it good until he walked away from it all to live for the LORD. 

If he wanted to suffer because of a superstitious belief that's on him. :tu:

Personally I think there is more to Paul's story that he isn't saying and it had nothing to do with a vision.

• Like 2

Just now, Piney said:

If he wanted to suffer because of a superstitious belief that's on him. :tu:

Personally I think there is more to Paul's story that he isn't saying and it had nothing to do with a vision.

yawn ,boring. I can't be bothered with this from you.

49 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

When Kabbalist used the word Cattle it was usually referred secretly  to  gentiles,right? Where did you read that GOD warned Cain to keep trying before he made his own sacrifice and rejected God by doing so? I see it as the two paths.

Hi Ella

Please explain how there were gentiles in the first couple of generations of Adam and Eve's children when at that time there were no other people and there was no bible.

jmccr8

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Ella

Cain and Able had the same parents the first two people on earth so the bloodline wouldn't have been different unless there was something else going on that nobody is talking about.

jmccr8

It's said to be when the first Gospel occurred. 

Genesis 3

There's the Biblical account there's the Agnostic account and there's also the Talmud/Sumerian mythology account. 

2 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Ella

Please explain how there were gentiles in the first couple of generations of Adam and Eve's children when at that time there were no other people and there was no bible.

jmccr8

Good question. Why was Cain afraid of what the people would do to him? what people?

It's said to be when the first Gospel occurred. 

Genesis 3

There's the Biblical account there's the Agnostic account and there's also the Talmud/Sumerian mythology account. 

Hi Ella

The bible wasn't written for a considerable time after Adam and Eve and in the bibles that I have read they all say that the human race started with Adam and Eve. Cain and Abel are first generation of man born of man so the bloodline is only one bloodline. I asked you for clarification to support that they were not of the same bloodline as you suggested. Will you show where you got this specifically so that I can reference it.

jmccr8

• Thanks 1

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:44 PM, Opus Magnus said:

So, the Jews descend from Shem, but the word Semite not only pertains to Jewish people, but all people of the red color that descend from Shem. That, I think is a common misconception, that only Jews are Semites.

That is assuming any of these characters actually existed in the first place. Which I highly doubt.

8 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

Good question. Why was Cain afraid of what the people would do to him? what people?

Hi Ella

yes what people and how could there be Gentiles when there weren't even Jews at that time. I am asking because of your comment about Gentiles being referred to as cattle and that God would find favor in such an offering.

jmccr8

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Ella

The bible wasn't written for a considerable time after Adam and Eve and in the bibles that I have read they all say that the human race started with Adam and Eve. Cain and Abel are first generation of man born of man so the bloodline is only one bloodline. I asked you for clarification to support that they were not of the same bloodline as you suggested. Will you show where you got this specifically so that I can reference it.

jmccr8

Not to mention the Babylonian stories came way before the bible version. You would think people would want to look at the original forms of these stories and not something Hebrew priests created for their followers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2