Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Line of Cain, Abel and Seth

Opus Magnus

6 minutes ago, Truthseeker007 said:

That is assuming any of these characters actually existed in the first place. Which I highly doubt.

It's Mormon theology so they didn't.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

It's Mormon theology so they didn't.

Crazy Mormons.:lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, Truthseeker007 said:

Crazy Mormons.:lol:

The whole concept of "Red Races" actually came out of American revivalism. Was grabbed by the Mormons, then grabbed by the Theosophists. Thomas Jefferson wrote that we were Asian so I always considered it a "step backwards".......which what American Revivalism was anyway......

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Truthseeker007 said:

Not to mention the Babylonian stories came way before the bible version. You would think people would want to look at the original forms of these stories and not something Hebrew priests created for their followers.

Hi Truthseeker

Ella did mention Sumerian and I would be interested in how she sees that relationship as they likely would be considered Gentiles because they are not Jewish nor did either group exist at the time the Sumerians did. Looked out the window just now and it would seem that a fog is rolling in.

jmccr8

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Truthseeker

Ella did mention Sumerian and I would be interested in how she sees that relationship as they likely would be considered Gentiles because they are not Jewish nor did either group exist at the time the Sumerians did. Looked out the window just now and it would seem that a fog is rolling in.

jmccr8

Well if she is religious most of the time they will say that the Tanakh/Old Teste is older then the Sumerian versions.:rofl:

3 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

Bloodlines are an important historical reason mentioned in the Holy books because from a prophecy that the Messiah would come into the world from  one is why and he did.

But Jesus wasn't born from any of those bloodlines, he was the son of god, wasn't he ?

3 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

ETA

DNA points GOD . Just in case if you don't believe that also.

How does DNA prove god ?

DNA is never mentioned in the bible.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Piney said:

He never knew Jesus. He just realized the Christians he was persecuting were growing and he had better change his tune.

I have thought that before too but have come to observe something more about it all.  Sorry for my rudeness earlier.

Peace

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ellapennella said:

I have thought that before too but have come to observe something more about it all.  Sorry for my rudeness earlier.

Peace

No problem! :tu:

• Like 2

On 5/20/2018 at 7:11 PM, Opus Magnus said:

As far as I know, in Genesis when discussing the lineage of the first people, there is little to no mention of their daughters. It never says Abel didn't have a wife and children, and that may be why Cain asked for the mark so sincerely: that Abel's offspring in distant lands would have taken revenge. During those times men were living to be 900 years old, and had a long time to make offspring that aren't mentioned.

Also, the line of Cain might not be gone, by sake of women not men. Because Noah's three sons who replenish the earth are all offspring of Seth, Adam and Eve's third son. But it isn't mentioned what line their wives belong to, and since the son of Ham, Noah's third son, is Caanan, it is likely Ham's wife is a descendent of Cain. There may also be bloodlines of Abel, if one of the wives are from his offspring. This may be a reason for some kind of deep instinctual feuding if it were true in the human race.

A better way to understand the chronology of the events of creation would be to read these scriptures in this order.

I would suggest reading

Genesis 1:1, Job 38 (The physical creation of the earth.)

John 1:(1-5), Proverbs 8: (22-31) Christ on earth walking with men.

Ezekiel 28:(12-19) , Isaiah 14:(8-27) (Lucifer's existence as prince of this world and him raising up from earth and cast back down. He was not kicked out of heaven.)

Ezekiel 31 (Eden and a description of its many inhabitance.)

Now re-read Genesis 1:1 again and then read Genesis 2:4 through Genesis 4:26.

Go back to Genesis 1:2 and realize that man now no longer has access to the tree of life (Genesis 2:9) and gets rewired and now is finite and so he must now procreate Genesis 1:(27-28). Read Genesis 1:2 through Genesis 2:3 and Genesis 5.  This is the earth repaired after the luciferian flood and the fall of man. The deep flooded the earth (Genesis 1:2). 

Notice in Ezekiel 31 there are man beings in Eden and not just two humans. The people of the genealogy of Genesis 4 are different from those in Genesis 5. These are not the same beings. 

Cedar trees (Amos 2:9) are symbolic of Nephilim , people of earth, sons of men, and children of men are not all strictly humans. Read Ezekiel 31 carefully.

Edited by FFA

58 minutes ago, FFA said:

A better way to understand the chronology of the events of creation would be to read these scriptures in this order.

I would suggest reading

Genesis 1:1, Job 38 (The physical creation of the earth.)

John 1:(1-5), Proverbs 8: (22-31) Christ on earth walking with men.

Ezekiel 28:(12-19) , Isaiah 14:(8-27) (Lucifer's existence as prince of this world and him raising up from earth and cast back down. He was not kicked out of heaven.)

Ezekiel 31 (Eden and a description of its many inhabitance.)

Now re-read Genesis 1:1 again and then read Genesis 2:4 through Genesis 4:26.

Go back to Genesis 1:2 and realize that man now no longer has access to the tree of life (Genesis 2:9) and gets rewired and now is finite and so he must now procreate Genesis 1:(27-28). Read Genesis 1:2 through Genesis 2:3 and Genesis 5.  This is the earth repaired after the luciferian flood and the fall of man. The deep flooded the earth (Genesis 1:2). 

Notice in Ezekiel 31 there are man beings in Eden and not just two humans. The people of the genealogy of Genesis 4 are different from those in Genesis 5. These are not the same beings. 

Cedar trees (Amos 2:9) are symbolic of Nephilim , people of earth, sons of men, and children of men are not all strictly humans. Read Ezekiel 31 carefully.

So god created man beings that were not men and they lived in the garden of Eden? And these man beings were what exactly and did they have mates?

jmccr8

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

If I'm understanding you correctly are you suggesting that there is an importance in keeping a lineage record ? The bible begins with a lineage of genealogy for anyone to try and brush it aside as if it's untrue must have an ulterior motive as to why they would without ever trying to search biblical history in it for a better understanding of Christian faith and religion.  It's important to understand that over time the Hebrew people were slaughtered so that the bloodline would not bring forth the prophecy of the Messiah.   

You lost me there Ella. lol

I was just asking about the lineage of Indians and was not inferring anything about the Bible

9 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

So god created man beings that were not men and they lived in the garden of Eden? And these man beings were what exactly and did they have mates?

jmccr8

The sons of men are early humans, the children of men Ezekeil (31:14) are there offspring with the Nephilim. The people of earth (Ezekiel 31:12) are not the same as the any of those three.   

4 hours ago, FFA said:

The sons of men are early humans, the children of men Ezekeil (31:14) are there offspring with the Nephilim. The people of earth (Ezekiel 31:12) are not the same as the any of those three.   

So god made man in the image of man? How does your answer clarify my question?

jmccr8

16 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Truthseeker

jmccr8

You forgot the serious business of :

~

Genesis 17:11

"And you shall be circumcised in the flesh of your foreskin, and it shall be the sign of the covenant between Me and you.

They said to them, "We cannot do this thing, to give our sister to one who is uncircumcised, for that would be a disgrace to us.

Then Zipporah took a flint and cut off her son's foreskin and threw it at Moses' feet, and she said, "You are indeed a bridegroom of blood to me."

Leviticus 12:3

'On the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised.

'When you enter the land and plant all kinds of trees for food, then you shall count their fruit as forbidden. Three years it shall be forbidden to you; it shall not be eaten.

"So circumcise your heart, and stiffen your neck no longer.

1 Samuel 18:25

Saul then said, "Thus you shall say to David, 'The king does not desire any dowry except a hundred foreskins of the Philistines, to take vengeance on the king's enemies '" Now Saul planned to make David fall by the hand of the Philistines.

So David sent messengers to Ish-bosheth, Saul's son, saying, "Give me my wife Michal, to whom I was betrothed for a hundred foreskins of the Philistines."

"Circumcise yourselves to the LORD And remove the foreskins of your heart, Men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem, Or else My wrath will go forth like fire And burn with none to quench it, Because of the evil of your deeds."

"Behold, the days are coming," declares the LORD, "that I will punish all who are circumcised and yet uncircumcised--

"But an uncircumcised male who is not circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin, that person shall be cut off from his people; he has broken My covenant."

Then Abraham took Ishmael his son, and all the servants who were born in his house and all who were bought with his money, every male among the men of Abraham's household, and circumcised the flesh of their foreskin in the very same day, as God had said to him.

1 Samuel 18:27

David rose up and went, he and his men, and struck down two hundred men among the Philistines Then David brought their foreskins, and they gave them in full number to the king, that he might become the king's son-in-law. So Saul gave him Michal his daughter for a wife.

~

~

Its some serious business .. really no joke

~

A God Of Foreskins

by Dave E. Matson

~

• etb common sense blog link.

• Haha 2

Some people make a nasty business out of trying to use the bible to make themselves feel superior.

And at times, to demonize groups they don't like. 

See the Christian Identity movement for reference.

This is an old game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just some thoughts after reading the last several pages:

1. Cain's sacrifice wasn't deemed appropriate because it actually wasn't a sacrifice.  He picked up some straw off the floor and more or less through it on the alter.  Able however, sacrificed an animal that he had raised from birth, an animal he loved, and animal he protected. He took the best of his efforts and sacrificed it.  The greater point though is not the sacrifice but the mental state of Cain, which was one of Jealousy.  The moral of the story is....Jealousy is an emotion which if left to its own will end in murder.

2. Paul persecuted Christians.  After the crucifixion he had an epiphany of sorts and changed his heart.   He was an all or nothing kind of guy.   But he had a problem...he bought hook line and sinker, the resurrection hoax perpetrated by Peter.

3. Blood lines are not important.   God told Adam and Eve in the Garden, be fruitful and multiply.   And they did, there was no sin, there was no right or wrong knowledge, incest was as common among the new humans as it was in the rest of the animal kingdom.  There is no mention of time spent in the Garden...there well may have been thousands of humans by the time of the fall.  The three sons Adam and Eve had came after the Exile.  But God drove out ALL the humans from the Garden...perhaps thousands of Humans suddenly thrust into the Planet of the Extremes.  

4. The entire story of Genesis and the Jews is one OF the Jews. Created by the Jews, embellished by the Jews, and all because of their Vanity.   Bloodlines are so NOT important.  The major reason that the Messiah had to have the God seed and not the man Seed.  And more importantly why the Messiah was never accepted by the Jews...Vanity...he didn't have the right blood.  

5.  To believe the entirety of the  Bible as truth is to leave one's thought process at the door and give one's mind, heart and soul over to people one has never met.   I prefer the Doctrine of Joc over the Doctrine of the Bible.   The Doctrine of Joc is simple.  Play Nice!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, joc said:

You lost me there Ella. lol

I was just asking about the lineage of Indians and was not inferring anything about the Bible

Oh,I thought you were asking that in a way to bring out an important point of why the lineage of bloodlines was documented throughout  biblical history and as for why it is recorded in the gospels.  

4 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Some people make a nasty business out of trying to use the bible to make themselves feel superior.

Wrong. That's why why we love Yeshua. 

And at times, to demonize groups they don't like. 

wrong again. we don't like sin and for good reason.

See the Christian Identity movement for reference.

The only identity of Christianity is  Christ the  Beautiful Savior. Prince of Peace. LORD of lords. KING of kings. 

This is an old game. 

In which Yeshua has won and all that are in him who  belong to him.

20 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

But Jesus wasn't born from any of those bloodlines, he was the son of god, wasn't he ?

How does DNA prove god ?

DNA is never mentioned in the bible.

Okay so , do you want to know about him because you want to fight about him or do you want to know because something in you wants to know  if he's real? 

6 hours ago, third_eye said:

You forgot the serious business of :

~

Its some serious business .. really no joke

• etb common sense blog link.

I guess he didn't see the day when non-Jew gentiles would be getting circumcised, that would include Christians as well.

jmccr8

• Like 1

3 hours ago, joc said:

Just some thoughts after reading the last several pages:

1. Cain's sacrifice wasn't deemed appropriate because it actually wasn't a sacrifice.  He picked up some straw off the floor and more or less through it on the alter.  Able however, sacrificed an animal that he had raised from birth, an animal he loved, and animal he protected. He took the best of his efforts and sacrificed it.  The greater point though is not the sacrifice but the mental state of Cain, which was one of Jealousy.  The moral of the story is....Jealousy is an emotion which if left to its own will end in murder.

2. Paul persecuted Christians.  After the crucifixion he had an epiphany of sorts and changed his heart.   He was an all or nothing kind of guy.   But he had a problem...he bought hook line and sinker, the resurrection hoax perpetrated by Peter.

3. Blood lines are not important.   God told Adam and Eve in the Garden, be fruitful and multiply.   And they did, there was no sin, there was no right or wrong knowledge, incest was as common among the new humans as it was in the rest of the animal kingdom.  There is no mention of time spent in the Garden...there well may have been thousands of humans by the time of the fall.  The three sons Adam and Eve had came after the Exile.  But God drove out ALL the humans from the Garden...perhaps thousands of Humans suddenly thrust into the Planet of the Extremes.  

4. The entire story of Genesis and the Jews is one OF the Jews. Created by the Jews, embellished by the Jews, and all because of their Vanity.   Bloodlines are so NOT important.  The major reason that the Messiah had to have the God seed and not the man Seed.  And more importantly why the Messiah was never accepted by the Jews...Vanity...he didn't have the right blood.  

5.  To believe the entirety of the  Bible as truth is to leave one's thought process at the door and give one's mind, heart and soul over to people one has never met.   I prefer the Doctrine of Joc over the Doctrine of the Bible.   The Doctrine of Joc is simple.  Play Nice!

Hi Joc

The thing that gets me is agriculture didn't start with Cain unless it was forgotten about for an incredibly long time, so what crop would he have for an offering anyway.

jmccr8

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

I guess he didn't see the day when non-Jew gentiles would be getting circumcised, that would include Christians as well.

jmccr8

Or that the fore mentioned skins would be supplied mainly and with such volumes today, by Muslims across the world, much to many's chagrin.

~

*daddy no loves me no more*

~

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

jmccr8

Don't forget the talking snake.:lol: Hey don't worry though Christians tell me god used to make talking snakes.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

The only identity of Christianity is  Christ the  Beautiful Savior. Prince of Peace. LORD of lords. KING of kings. 

Actually These identical titles are found in the Egyptian Book of Life about Osiris. It is called ancient plagiarism. King of kings and Lord of lords are titles applied to Osiris

2 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

Okay so , do you want to know about him because you want to fight about him or do you want to know because something in you wants to know  if he's real? 

The Bible Jesus/Yeshua is not real because he is a fictional hero based on older stories. So go ahead and wait another 2,000 or so years for him to return because it won't happen since he didn't exist in the first place.