Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Forget Yanni and Laurel.

Kismit

36 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

This whole topic would be very interesting to discuss in relation to EVP's...

That was exactly my thoughts on this.

• Like 5

I heard "drink whisky". 

Well, it would have been rude to refuse ? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I hear a message from Satan telling me to kill people, but it even happens when I'm not listening to the clip!

:w00t:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

It first goes ''brainstorm'' than it says ''green needle''. Repeats in the same manner for full length of recording.

It's what someone tells you not what it actually is i mean this is funny by my opinion. People are easily fooled.

[edit] simply record it and open in Adobe Audition or similar software and look at the waves.

Edited by Sir Smoke aLot
  • Like 1

Well, this could explain a lot with the Official Announcements:  :o

- "We have been to the Moon"

- "We can't go to the Moon"

-----------------

- "Our government despises ISIS"

- "Our government supports ISIS"

-----------------

- "The Earth is round"

- "The Earth is flat"

-----------------

• Like 4

I get brainstorm, but If I try to focus on green needle, the most I get is green storm.

• Like 1

With both that Yanny thing and this thig. I hear something completely different than you are "suppose" to hear. With this one I hear "I needle"

Edited by IBelieveWhatIWant
Complete comment didn't post

someone recorded these words... has anyone asked or know what words were actually recorded?

4 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

someone recorded these words... has anyone asked or know what words were actually recorded?

I don't think they are words. I believe it is just sounds.

It is an experiment that shows us how our minds don't always  percieve things as they are, I and that our experience is influenced by our thoughts.

I heard green needle a few times and tried but couldn't get brainstorm out of it. Then i focused on that and it changed and all I could hear was brainstorm. I had to rewind it to make sure it didn't just change halfway through but all I hear now is brainstorm. And laurel lol there is no yanny...

Edited by Nnicolette
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

Yeah did you even read the post? It says brainstorm.

15 hours ago, third_eye said:

You good folks here don't wanna know what I thought I heard or am hearing ...

~

I really do tho!

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Brain Needle. And yeah, its all about hearing what you expect to hear. 

It's about hearing what you are currently focused on. It's the audio equivalent of an ink blot test. Only a little more limited.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NicoletteS said:

I really do tho!

Oh no you don't!

:lol:

~

You know, huh...

With confirmed audio "illusions", if one could call it that.

And with confirmed visual illusions.

And with the obvious "mental/emotional" illusions we all go through...

NO wonder I'm so messed-up.

• Like 1

I don�t understand how it�s supposed to be brainstorm as the phrase clearly has three syllables. I hear green needle. But the lighting pattern even blinks three times to show there is three syllables. Brainstorm only has two. Quite perplexing!!!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fox Feeder said:

I don�t understand how it�s supposed to be brainstorm as the phrase clearly has three syllables. I hear green needle. But the lighting pattern even blinks three times to show there is three syllables. Brainstorm only has two. Quite perplexing!!!

Try listening to it with your eyes shut and just repeat the words brainstorm, brainstorm, brainstorm, in your head.

• Like 1

I messed with this one a bit.. knowing before hand of the two words..

First I listened to it a couple times without looking at the screen to look for visual clues. and depending on which way I wanted to think it, the phrase turned up. Then watching words appear on screen, it was difficult to not hear it in the pattern shown, even when I was purposefully trying to hear the other phrase.

Audio peridolia indeed.

I suppose people have considered that by slowing it down and playing it backwards and whatever they may in fact be summoning Satan? 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Baldylocks said:

Pretty much. The syllables at the end make it impossible to hear brainstorm. The Yanny and Laurel one didn't have this, so I could hear both. There is loads of different ones on facebook now though, going overboard lol.

what syllables at the end? There are no syllables at the end. 

6 hours ago, Dejarma said:

According to the story, it was taken from a 2014 YouTube review of a children's toy. . So did someone find it and decide to slow it down to see if they could manufacture some internet sensation? How they could possibly have got "green needle" from it is completely beyond me. :unsure: 

see laurel 

Edited by Vlad the Mighty

27 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

what syllables at the end? There are no syllables at the end. 

What I mean is. At the end whenever the person repeats the word, there is to many syllables. "green need-le" I cant hear "brainstorm" cause there is 3 and not 2.  "Brain-storm" "green need-le".

Edited by Baldylocks

Hope I explained myself well lol.

Edited by Baldylocks
  • Haha 1