Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Forget Yanni and Laurel.

Kismit

Forget Yanni and Laurel. 

With this hearing and thought experiment you need to post Wether you hear Brain storm or Green needle.

Linker

Now listen to it a second time thinking about the  word you did not hear. 

• Like 7

heard "green needle" and try though I might the best I could get was "brain needle" for the second due to two syllables. Just could not manipulate "storm" out of it.

• Like 4

I've listened to it 3 times and have yet to hear 'Green Needle'. :huh: All I hear is 'Brainstorm'.

• Like 4

All I hear is Gween needle (no spelling error) even when thinking about brain storm.  Too many syllables for brain storm anyway!

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

heard "green needle" and try though I might the best I could get was "brain needle" for the second due to two syllables. Just could not manipulate "storm" out of it.

I got the same thing. It went from "green needle" to "breen needle". 

• Like 1

I heard both by focusing. Kinda blew my mind. But then i couldnt do it anymore, since i wanted to analyze what my mind was deciphering from the sounds to the interpretation.

Now i'm less in the dark about the yanny and laurel thing. I was just like 'grr stop making this a conundrum it doesnt matter! Even though it perplexes me i can not hear yanny'

Edited by dwarf vs grey ufo
  • Like 3

Had we not been told what to hear (same with Yanny and Laurel) would we have heard different things?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh yes, I've heard this one too. It depends how fast it's played. If it's slowed down (like in the clip, where it's obviously slowed down) it's Brainstorm*, if it's sped up it's Green Needle.

* sorry, Thought Shower 

Edited by Vlad the Mighty
  • Haha 1

I get both. No change in speed needed. 

If I think brain storm or green needle.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You good folks here don't wanna know what I thought I heard or am hearing ...

~

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, third_eye said:

You good folks here don't wanna know what I thought I heard or am hearing ...

~

If it isn't PG13 it could be a little too revealing. I mean the sounds are supposed to alter based on what you are thinking about. :huh:

:)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Kismit said:

If it isn't PG13 it could be a little too revealing. I mean the sounds are supposed to alter based on what you are thinking about. :huh:

:)

Yeah I know ... I've had a change of thought/mind. now its something savory along the lines of sweet and sour ...

:yes:

~

Clarification : I do hear it in multiple languages ... to be fair to the sound byte ...

Edited by third_eye
elaboration
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I hear brain needle no matter how hard I try and hear something else.

A better question would be to ask people what they hear before telling them what they are supposed to hear.

THat's cheating ... :angry:

Well you're no fun ddd

~

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kismit said:

Forget Yanni and Laurel. 

With this hearing and thought experiment you need to post Wether you hear Brain storm or Green needle.

Linker

Must be something wrong with me - I'm hearing Green Storm!!!!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Did anyone try reading the words on the screen while listening?

• Like 1

I can't get anything near brain storm by listening to this, just like I can't get Yanni on the other example. 

I hear 'breen needle' (not 'green') every time. Regarding the other one, I hear 'laurel' every time. I'm aware it's just a matter of how ones brain processes the sound...so it's no big deal to me. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Susanc241 said:

All I hear is Gween needle (no spelling error) even when thinking about brain storm.  Too many syllables for brain storm anyway!

Pretty much. The syllables at the end make it impossible to hear brainstorm. The Yanny and Laurel one didn't have this, so I could hear both. There is loads of different ones on facebook now though, going overboard lol.

I could hear both, depending on which phrase I concentrate on. The second time I listened without looking at my screen, I heard green needle.

Third try, I have to look at the screen and concentrate to hear brainstorm. It's mostly green needle.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

This whole topic would be very interesting to discuss in relation to EVP's...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Kismit said:

Forget Yanni and Laurel. 

Linker

Not another one.

Edited by XenoFish

I hear, "I am Evil" It sort of makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. LOL...

Edited by DanL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4