Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

FIFA World Cup 2018.

danydandan

Speaking of England....

More than 21 million watch England's World Cup win against Tunisia - more than royal wedding

England's dramatic World Cup opener has eclipsed the royal wedding to become the most watched TV event of 2018 so far in the UK.

https://news.sky.com/story/more-than-21-million-watch-englands-world-cup-win-against-tunisia-more-than-royal-wedding-11409577

• Like 1

Given what we know now, everyone in bracket form is struggling.PUTIN has arranged this one perfectly . Don’t forget, 2014 the president of World Cup fixed the entire outcome by paying referees offs ... and sadly enough , I think he still has a big say in World Cup federation , soooo.... him +.putin - fixed..

i love over seeing a guy get bumped like I’m Uruguay and he rolled 8 times then held his knee. PLEASEEEEE these dudes fake it so bad, and now they show these bogus injuries on the slow mo cam and they look like azzhole... my favorite is when Ronaldo always take a dive and grabs his knee , but then u see him cheering and jumping after the fact ... 

Guys get kicked in the stomach and they hold their knees ;... they did a recap of faked injuries on FS1 AND Its hilarious the crappy acting .... no wonder the EPL finds these guys for trying to flop.

Let Ray Lewis or Brian Urlacher play defender and we will see how your “drama” dives work for you. Lol

Edited by LucidElement

Just now, LucidElement said:

Given what we know now, everyone in bracket form is struggling.PUTIN has arranged this one perfectly . Don’t forget, 2014 the president of World Cup fixed the entire outcome by paying referees offs ... and sadly enough , I think he still has a big say in World Cup federation , soooo.... him +.putin - fixed..

i love over seeing a guy get bumped like I’m Uruguay and he rolled 8 times then held his knee. PLEASEEEEE these dudes fake it so bad, and now they show these bogus injuries on the slow mo cam and they look like *******s. 

When Mexico defeated Germany (current champs) 1-0 in the first group match, I realized there won't be a repeat of the final match of the German and now Argentine teams, also Mexico won against So. Korea 2-1 today. My father roots for his French team (we live in the USA) and possibly Brazil or Portugal will be finalists this year. I see a North American team to win it instead of the likes of Brazil or from the E.U., a first for Mexico.

• Like 1

25 million people in Britain to watch England vs Panama, which kicks off in just over an hour's time.

• Like 1

On 21/05/2018 at 12:41 PM, danydandan said:

My predictions are as follows, 1.Argentina, 2.Germany, 3.Messi, 4.Ozil, 5.Germany and 6.Argentina.

Oh dear...

On 16/06/2018 at 10:13 AM, ExpandMyMind said:

As a Scot, I salute this comment.

As a Scot, you'd likely know that your team has not even qualified for the World Cup since 1998.

1.Winner - England

2.Runner-up - Belgium

3.Top Goal Scorer - Harry Kane

4.Most Assists - Don't know

5.Best Defence - England (as they had in the qualifiers)

6.Highest Scoring Team - Belgium

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Black Monk said:

As a Scot, you'd likely know that your team has not even qualified for the World Cup since 1998.

True. As a Scot I'm also not prone to suffering from delusions of grandeur when it comes to football.

2 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

True. As a Scot I'm also not prone to suffering from delusions of grandeur when it comes to football.

That's because your team is ****.

58 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

That's because your team is ****.

No, it's because I know my team is ****e.

13 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

No, it's because I know my team is ****e.

Of course you do. Because they are.

Scotland fans often act as though they won the 1978 World Cup, even though they got knocked out at the Group Stage.

31 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

Of course you do. Because they are.

Scotland fans often act as though they won the 1978 World Cup, even though they got knocked out at the Group Stage.

And English fans, pundits and commentators are the international equivalent of Liverpool supporters. 'This is our year'. Every time. 

:lol:

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

And English fans, pundits and commentators are the international equivalent of Liverpool supporters. 'This is our year'. Every time. 

:lol:

That's a bit rich...

Related image

Edited by Black Monk

17 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

That's a bit rich...

Related image

Difference being we learned our lesson. Which again brings us back to English delusions of grandeur.

14 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Difference being we learned our lesson. 

Yeah? That's why many Scotland fans believed Scotland would go on to win the 2018 World Cup after beating Slovakia in the qualifiers.

Edited by Black Monk

7 hours ago, Black Monk said:

Oh dear...

Very very oh dear.

Still have faith in Messi.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Very very oh dear.

Just a shame (for him and Argentina) that he's only got one more match to play at this tournament.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

Just a shame (for him and Argentina) that he's only got one more match to play at this tournament.

Look like it's gonna be either Belgium, as much as I hate to say it, England or Portugal.

Or Messi can produce magic in a few days score 5 goals and Argentina go through. Fingers and toes crossed.

On 20/06/2018 at 5:40 AM, LucidElement said:

So it's all been rigged by, yes that's right, you guessed it! So PUTIN arranged it so that Argentina would prove a sad disappointment, and that England would win their first two games? My God, the man's deviousness reaches whole new levels! 

* it's about the same level of High Confidence as every other plot there;s been involving him

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, danydandan said:

Very very oh dear.

Messi  has never done anything for Argentina . And Barcelona redesigned the team around his play skill... of it isn’t Barcelona for Messi he’s done for.  Ronaldo kills it all the way around . 

But Thierry Henry is my all time favorite.

i chose France to win it all. 

7 minutes ago, LucidElement said:

Messi  has never done anything for Argentina . And Barcelona redesigned the team around his play skill... of it isn’t Barcelona for Messi he’s done for.  Ronaldo kills it all the way around . 

But Thierry Henry is my all time favorite.

i chose France to win it all. 

He scored a hat trick to get them to the world cup. Won the Olympic games single handedly in 2008.

Argentina are a joke, their coach is a mad man, their players are pretty poor I assumed they'd rally around Messi or Messi would create more space for others but neither has happened.

Ronaldo is class but has a far better inform team supporting him internationally. Plus their coach is good and isn't a lunatic.

Both of them have a tendency to go missing in some games, except when they score. Another point is that Messi has far more assists than Ronny.

But anyways, France are a good call to when it. I hope Argentina do, but that ain't happening. I'd also like to see Spain doing well.

Here on RTE Damian Duff made a great point, that at one time Spain were looking for Messi to declare for them. Imagine how much trophies internationally he would have won if that happened.

Spurs manager Pochettino - the guy who fouled Owen to concede the penalty that Beckham converted in England's victory over Argentina in the 2002 World Cup - wants England to win this World Cup.

2 hours ago, Black Monk said:

Spurs manager Pochettino - the guy who fouled Owen to concede the penalty that Beckham converted in England's victory over Argentina in the 2002 World Cup - wants England to win this World Cup.

Of course he does, he manages an English team that happens to have England's two best players. Also he's a scumbag he used to manage RCD Espanyol so of course he's going to say he doesn't want his Country to win.

It's beyond me why an Argentinian, considering the two Countries history, would state he'd rather England win than his own country. Kinda strange ain't it. Its like Alan Sheerer saying I'd hope England don't win. It's a strange one.