Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man reports persistent pig to police

Still Waters

Police are used to getting unusual calls, but one man in the US state of Ohio made a particularly memorable one in the early hours of Saturday morning.

Officers assumed the man was either hallucinating or drunk when he said a persistent pig was following him home.

"(We) responded to the obviously drunk guy walking home from the bar at 5:26 in the morning," they said on Facebook.

But when they arrived they found a "very sober" man who wasn't too keen on bringing home the bacon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44195895

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I liked this bit from the article:

"We will mention the irony of the pig in a police car now so that anyone that thinks they're funny is actually unoriginal and trying too hard," the police quipped.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Poor wee piggy. The victim here probably had a little left over food on him and the pig could smell it.

It's a good thing it was not a wild pig.

• Like 4

Sheez.....I don't blame the guy - that pig looks so weird - I wouldn't want that creepy b****** following me home either!!!

A couple of years back I had an Eastern brown bat in my house. My poor dogs were going nuts and I just couldn’t manage to block enough points in my house in order to sort of herd him back outside. So, I called animal control, but it was after hours so I got the local police desk. I told the officer my issue and they said they’d send an officer.

When the officer arrived it became clear to me that he thought I was either drunk, on drugs, or mentally ill. Fortunately, as he reached my living room area the bat literally flew into his face. This big strapping officer screeched like a little girl. At this point he was amenable to my telling him how I just needed some help in driving the bat out my rear sliding glass door (it was 10:00 PM at night BTW).

• Like 4

Pigs are as bad as the police when it comes to reliability and punctuality. When you need a pig you can never find one and they always end up arriving late when summoned. When you don't want them you end up with loads. That guy was lucky he only had one behind him. Usually the swine run around in groups. Given the right scent a full size pig can do a lot of damage to get to the source. Even more if its female and on heat.

• Like 1

I wonder if it was a pet pig that was lost and was just like a lost dog and only understood that people were the source of food and comfort. That pig looked awfully comfortable in the back of that car. It makes me thing it might not have been the first time it had been in one. 

• Like 3

I would have taken that pig home and let it live in my yard. I don't want a dog, but a free pig...might be hard to pass up.

Edited by moonman
  • Like 1

......and this little piggy went wee wee wee all the way home.....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mumbo Gumbo said:

......and this little piggy went wee wee wee all the way home.....

Where's the evidence that this particular pig was not, in fact, on it's way to market? :huh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Probably escaped from a farmer's stock pen.

Now that's what I call " bringing home the bacon."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, DanL said:

I wonder if it was a pet pig that was lost and was just like a lost dog and only understood that people were the source of food and comfort. That pig looked awfully comfortable in the back of that car. It makes me thing it might not have been the first time it had been in one. 

From the Facebook posting: UPDATE 8:23am: THE PIG HAS BEEN RETURNED TO ITS OWNER.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Calibeliever said:

From the Facebook posting: UPDATE 8:23am: THE PIG HAS BEEN RETURNED TO ITS OWNER.

Al Gore was missing his Man Bear Pig? No wonder the guy was terrified.

On 24/05/2018 at 5:09 AM, XenoFish said:

Perhaps the pig wanted revenge? 

I think it could smell sandwich.

24 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

"My name is Pigingo Montoya, You killed my father, prepare to die."

Bacon sandwich.