Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bots May Have Boosted Trump's Votes 3.23%

ExpandMyMind

2 hours ago, skliss said:

Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. And many of the ads were topical, not strictly Trump or Hillarry..

That's not the analysis of your government, intelligence agencies or Trump-appointed Secretary of State, as of yesterday.

I think I'll go with the consensus over Fox News, thanks.

38 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I don't post nearly as often as you think I do, or as often as you.

Another great piece :lol:

Since i started UM,i have always done all my posting in a 3-4 month span at a time...other than random drop ins to say hey to my friends,i'm rather too busy with my JOB and GF to sit quietly lurking to wait for responses in UM's US politics sections...much less European s'nooz ;)

You have dropped in on our US football sections,hell in one day 130+ teams play every saturday between Sept-Nov...guess what,much like our MMA/BOXING section used to all live events are discussed on a live play by play basis...your ass is still living in '16 about something that you had zero say so in lol

I hear that 30+ year old who just took his parents to court for them kicking his ass out is looking for a roommate,might want to look him up!...Free "tax payer funded living wage","free college","live with your parents,stay insured until your 26","free government living quarters if your parents kick your 25+ year old ass out"....oh can't forget that "i voted Bernie" bumper sticker to put on the back of your non-motorized bike ;)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

About 90% of my posts all time on this "entertainment" forum are about football or combat sports!...PERIOD!

Not sure why the content matters. It should be about the amount of time spent on the site. I'm sure I don't come close to being your rival there, but good luck proving me wrong.

11 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Atleast half of yours now have come in the past 2 years whining and crying about an election that you had absolutely ZERO of well ANYTHING to do with!...

Demonstrably false. A third of my posts have come in the last two years and not all of them were about Trump.

21 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Again 24/7 you complain about a pres of a country you do not reside in,and then repeat the same 'ol 2-3 year old excuses you've been pumping out to defend it lmao....put away the tissues and lotion and get a job or find yourself a woman!...then "Entertainement" websites such as UM won't make you feel like such a wannabe politician

Seriously? Ad hominen attacks? At least I know I'm doing something right. 

And this is a public forum where people are free to discuss any subject they want. You think only Americans should be allowed to post about your politics? Or would it be fine if I agreed with you?

24 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

you were crippled or mentally disabled sure,hell if you were a retired 70+ year old who didn't leave the house much sure....but dude for the love of all reality me and you are about exactly the same age!...time to move on from '16 from across the pond and find something better to do with your time than...TRUMP! 24/7

I'm not sure why you seem to think that I'm here all the time. It's not even close. A fair whack of the time I can't even be bothered replying.

There are people with 20,000-30,000 posts. Why do you think it's alright to single out me, attack me personally, when I've yet to see you do the same to anyone else? All while having a higher ratio of posts to time as a member than I do.

Yeah, big man, I'm not going to stop posting until the Special Counsel has concluded, so buckle up or catch the bus outta here.

6 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

hear that 30+ year old who just took his parents to court for them kicking his ass out is looking for a roommate,might want to look him up!...Free "tax payer funded living wage","free college","live with your parents,stay insured until your 26","free government living quarters if your parents kick your 25+ year old ass out"....oh can't forget that "i voted Bernie" bumper sticker to put on the back of your non-motorized bike ;)

Yet more personal attacks, all for saying stuff you don't agree with. That's fuel for me.

And all this while you know literally nothing about my personal life. Not a thing.

Edited by ExpandMyMind

Just now, ExpandMyMind said:

Not sure why the content matters. It should be about the amount of time spent on the site. I'm sure I don't come close to being your rival there, but good luck proving me wrong.

Demonstrably false. A third of my posts have come in the last two years and not all of them were about Trump.

Seriously? Ad hominen attacks? At least I know I'm doing something right. 

And this is a public forum where people are free to discuss any subject they want. You think only Americans should be allowed to post about your politics? Or would it be fine if I agreed with you?

I'm not sure why you seem to think that I'm here all the time. It's not even close. A fair whack of the time I can't even be bothered replying.

There are people with 20,000-30,000 posts. Why do you think it's alright to single out me, attack me personally, when I've yet to see you do the same to anyone else? All while having a higher ratio of posts to time as a member than I do.

Yeah, big man, I'm not going to stop posting until the Special Counsel has concluded, so buckle up or catch the bus outta here.

No worries lil fella,when Mueller is all packed up an gone and Trump is still reigning king in your nightmares...i expect a B.R. Corny or Ninjadude from ya,you'll just vanish ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yet more personal attacks, all for saying stuff you don't agree with. That'd ****'s fuel for me.

And all this while you know literally nothing about my personal life. Not a thing.

Fuel away...burn yourself alive for all i care,all things eventually burn out...

Again don't care,i got a few weeks vacation atm and wont have time to be here LURKING for BITES much as yourself for another 3 months after these next 2 weeks...I don't think you have a "personal" life to be honest...

1 minute ago, CrimsonKing said:

I don't think you have a "personal" life to be honest..

Does this apply to every poster who is as active as me? Or just myself? Quite the generalisation there, since you know literally nothing about me. This is quite interesting. 

7 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

No worries lil fella,when Mueller is all packed up an gone and Trump is still reigning king in your nightmares...i expect a B.R. Corny or Ninjadude from ya,you'll just vanish ;)

I understand the impulse. It does get tiring trying to debate with right wing extremists.

3 hours ago, Merc14 said:

You know what EMM, I'll let this inane and truly embarrassing post stand as is because it proves, far better than anything I could post,  just how absolutely ignorant you are of what really happened here in the states.  If I had asked you to do this you couldn't have done better.

No evidence has ever been produced. That's not my claim, it's the reality. If you know of some smoking gun evidence, I'll gladly consider it. 

Or you can continue to call me ignorant without actually showing my ignorance, which proves nothing but your own unwillingness to provide evidence that I have asked for. 

If you're thinking of that one, single quote from a book, then I understand your unwillingness.

10 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

5 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Does this apply to every poster who is as active as me? Or just myself? Quite the generalisation there, since you know literally nothing about me. This is quite interesting. 

I understand the impulse. It does get tiring trying to debate with right wing extremists.

Let it go buds... We're were buds yrs ago when I was all pro Palestine ....

Let it go.

You're still a young man.  

Be all u can be.

Don't let it slip.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

For those quite as obsessed on one human being...ABSOLUTELY!...Interesting indeed!

Well since i'm "extreme" or "obsessed" with neither and find FAR so and so "politics" repulsive and as far away from "progress" as possible,i don't find any of this s*** "tiring" as i don't have real life time to "debate"/argue/troll ect. silly crap from a dumpster fire election 2 FREAKING YEARS AGO IN THE UNITED STATES,WITH BALLOTS CAST BY UNITED STATES CITIZENS!

This episode of "This is your life" has been provided by GET THE **** OVER IT INDUSTRIES...

5 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Let it go.

Be all u can be.

Don't let it slip.

Us two have a laugh and a joke when we now see each other on opposite sides and mock each other. There's no malice, at least that I can tell. But for some reason CK has went all personal. 

I'm half wondering if he's just attempting to bait me in order to get me another ban. I'm not biting, but I do find it interesting. Never had an attempted attack on here on such a personal level, and he doesn't even know the first thing about me. I can't help but find it interesting as to why.

1 hour ago, CrimsonKing said:

,hell if you were a retired 70+ year old who didn't leave the house much sure....

Hey wait a minute now!

Surely that isn't me! :lol:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

For those quite as obsessed on one human being...ABSOLUTELY!...Interesting indeed!

Well since i'm "extreme" or "obsessed" with neither and find FAR so and so "politics" repulsive and as far away from "progress" as possible,i don't find any of this s*** "tiring" as i don't have real life time to "debate"/argue/troll ect. silly crap from a dumpster fire election 2 FREAKING YEARS AGO IN THE UNITED STATES,WITH BALLOTS CAST BY UNITED STATES CITIZENS!

This episode of "This is your life" has been provided by GET THE **** OVER IT INDUSTRIES...

If it annoys you so much then why bother coming into the politics section in the first place? It seems to me that it'd be better for your health if you steered clear.

11 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Let it go.

Be all u can be.

Don't let it slip.

I dont know who this was adressed to...i don't give 2 ass wipes about Palestine one way or the other and never have?...

If it annoys you so much then why bother coming into the politics section in the first place? It seems to me that it'd be better for your health if you steered clear.

It would probably be better for everyones if a place called Unexplained Mysteries didn't have a US politics section as i mentioned elsewhere earlier...OUR politics seem to be all the world cares to speak of,even those in s***hole countries...that said i don't consider yours a s***hole,i have Scots blood in me,and it is a beautiful country!

But i would love to have a large island to put Hillary's lovers on and count down the 3 months without massive foreign aid and constant video coverage before they started eating each other alive! :D

"Hillary for Scotland 2020!!!" :clap:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

Hey wait a minute now!

Surely that isn't me! :lol:

:lol: :rofl: :lol:

I don't think at 25+ you were able bodied,not nut house material,but spent hours and hours,days apon days shouting to the rooftops for government freebies to support your ass with visions of robots taking over all jobs in the future...all the while your ass was in a war in Vietnam...

Then again,maybe you were... :whistle: :lol: lmao

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

It would probably be better for everyones if a place called Unexplained Mysteries didn't have a US politics section as i mentioned elsewhere earlier...OUR politics seem to be all the world cares to speak of,even those in s***hole countries...that said i don't consider yours a s***hole,i have Scots blood in me,and it is a beautiful country!

It's pretty much the joint most popular forum on the site. I think getting rid of it now would be out of the question, from a purely financial position.

US politics is so discussed because what happens there has a direct effect on the entire world. The state of the Middle East and the rampant terrorism was born through your politics and an entire generation outside the US has grown up with this knowledge.

This President alone has started a trade war, destroyed the Iran deal and accepted Jerusalem as the Israel capital (both of which greatly destabilise the region further) and sanctioned a tax break for billionaires while removing pretty much all the regulations put in place after the Great Recession, ensuring that another, likely worse one is just around the corner. And that's not even everything.

All of that is horrible, from the perspective of the rest of the world. Objectively horrible and it affects all countries, not just your own. If you were China and Trump was elected, I wouldn't care nearly as much. I'd care about as much about Trump as I would about South Africa electing a similar man. But you don't get to **** up the world in slow motion and be annoyed when people are p***ed off, when we're watching it happen. You don't get to meddle in and control world affairs for 70 years and then say that people from other countries don't have a right to discuss when it affects them or when what you do or have done is wrong. 

30 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Us two have a laugh and a joke when we now see each other on opposite sides and mock each other. There's no malice, at least that I can tell. But for some reason CK has went all personal. 

I'm half wondering if he's just attempting to bait me in order to get me another ban. I'm not biting, but I do find it interesting. Never had an attempted attack on here on such a personal level, and he doesn't even know the first thing about me. I can't help but find it interesting as to why.

I must have missed this one,sorry if ya took it personal...i was just trying to help you get your mind back on track dude...count my personal (my person/ME...Me,Myself,and I) attacks on people more of your position and those of mine in comparison and you're batting well above the opposition!

Yet again,welcome to your opinions but count my nosy busybodying into Scottish politics and calling Scottish party voters in their own politics some of the names views you have of Americans and you are beating me by a good thousand to NONE!...Get it?...yeah?...no?...meh

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

This President alone has started a trade war, destroyed the Iran deal and accepted Jerusalem as the Israel capital (both of which greatly destabilise the region further)

Small point here...

Watch Clinton, Bush, And Obama Promise To Recognize Jerusalem As Israel’s Capital (And Then Do Nothing)

http://thefederalist.com/2018/05/14/watch-obama-clinton-bush-say-jerusalem-israel-capital/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

It's pretty much the joint most popular forum on the site. I think getting rid of it now would be out of the question, from a purely financial position.

US politics is so discussed because what happens there has a direct effect on the entire world. The state of the Middle East and the rampant terrorism was born through your politics and an entire generation outside the US has grown up with this knowledge.

This President alone has started a trade war, destroyed the Iran deal and accepted Jerusalem as the Israel capital (both of which greatly destabilise the region further) and sanctioned a tax break for billionaires while removing pretty much all the regulations put in place after the Great Recession, ensuring that another, likely worse one is just around the corner. And that's not even everything.

All of that is horrible, from the perspective of the rest of the world. Objectively horrible and it affects all countries, not just your own. If you were China and Trump was elected, I wouldn't care nearly as much. I'd care about as much about Trump as I would about South Africa electing a similar man. But you don't get to **** up the world in slow motion and be annoyed when people are p***ed off, when we're watching it happen. You don't get to meddle in and control world affairs for 70 years and then say that people from other countries don't have a right to discuss when it affects them or when what you do or have done is wrong. 

Hell man,i wont even argue ALL those points...

But i will argue and say,the US and the world got behind too many stupid ass deals made by many of our weak as leaders who took power after the fall of the Iron Curtain!

The Western world has been conned and sold but to who and exactly why is still to be determined!...

Look at the horrid numbers of approval for years on end of lifetime politicians of our congress and senate for the last decade!...yet with so much opposition,even from within their own parties the "old school" ones keep staying in power...Across the pond Somehow someway you folks got all whipped up about Russia,but our biggest problems are actually from within that start and end SOMEWHERE with eliteist and lifetime politicans!

We live here and have lived under them for most of our lifetimes...it's a lot different than accepting what "credible news SOURCES" tell you folks about...sorry but that is REALITY!

I grew up and lived here for almost a quarter century of dear Hillary having behind the BIG scenes power...she was an absolutely horrible disaster of a human being and if it helps anyone sleep better at night...I hear Donald was the basis of the Michael Myers character for the Halloween movies...hmmmmph meh lol

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Michelle said:

See, the bit I take away from that is the 'and then do nothing'. The reason that they didn't is because it's a horrendous idea. I'll not get into the international law details but it should go without saying that supporting a colonial annexation that has been condemned by the UN and is blatantly against international law and basic human rights is horrible.

Also, I have no love for any of the three of those politicians you mentioned so I'm not sure why you posted about them. Are you suggesting I should respect Trump's decision to do a terrible thing because he actually went through with said terrible thing, instead of breaking his promise? At least he's an ******* who keeps his word, I'm guessing?

4 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Also, I have no love for any of the three of those politicians you mentioned so I'm not sure why you posted about them

I'm pointing it out because they ran on the premise and didn't follow through. Is it such a bad thing someone finally does what they said they were going to do? Republicans and Democrats alike agreed to this. And none of them did anything about it.

I wish we weren't the "international police" but that is the position we have been put into. For a relatively new country it is a lot of responsibility.

• Thanks 1

More rumors disguised as "news". 

Must be Tuesday.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Is it such a bad thing someone finally does what they said they were going to do?

If 5 people say they are going to rob a store but only one follows through, you support that guy? You're saying that doing a stupid, bad thing is somehow magically now a good thing because someone kept their promise? 

Obama and Bush breaking a promise and not doing something bad was an act of good. They likely had different reasons, probably to do with political leverage that Trump just p***ed away, but it was still the sensible, moral thing to do.

53 minutes ago, Michelle said:

wish we weren't the "international police" but that is the position we have been put into. For a relatively new country it is a lot of responsibility.

When it comes to Israel, you're more like the FBI preventing the police (every other country in the UN) from prosecuting a criminal (Israel) because he has something you want.

The US put themselves into their current geopolitical position. Your leaders have grabbed more and more power and started more wars than any other country I know of, since WW2. Maybe playing catch-up, with you being so young an' all? This mantle wasn't thrust upon you. It was sought after and you have reaped the benefits economically for 70 years (after WW2 the US controlled half of the entire world's wealth).

Edited by ExpandMyMind

9 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

You're saying that doing a stupid, bad thing is somehow magically now a good thing because someone kept their promise? 

No, I'm saying the writing has been on the wall for a loooooong time. Both parties, Republicans and Democrats agreed with it. It's one of the few times they have ever agreed with each other.

What do you think is wrong with the concept?

• Thanks 1