Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Still Waters

Forgetful couple offer lost car reward

4 posts in this topic

Still Waters

An elderly couple who forgot where they parked their car are offering a reward for it to be found.

Emmanuel Elliott, 81, and partner Hilda Farmer, 79, parked "within a mile and a half" of Cheltenham General Hospital on Friday, but cannot remember where.

Family and friends have spent four days searching for the Ford Fiesta with no success.

The couple, from Gloucester, have offered £100 to anyone who locates the car.

Mr Elliott said it was on a street with "really nice houses on one side and some kind of greenery on the other".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-44209773

• Like 1

Grandpa Greenman

I lost mine in Walmart parking lot one time.  I had 5 people looking for it, one guy walking around pressing the key button.   When you walk with a walker people like to help. I hope next time they have to go into town they have one of those family or friends drive them.  It is hell getting old.  

• Like 2

Still Waters

There was one particular day when driving home from the cemetery, I'd asked my husband if he would turn in at the retail park, I needed something from one of the shops there. He parked the car and I got out while he waited for me, I told him I wouldn't be long. Trouble is my mind was full of other things that day and I took no notice of where he'd parked. So when I came out of the shop I didn't know where the car was and couldn't see it, it's black so doesn't exactly stand out.  After a while I got annoyed with myself for being so stupid but then I spotted it and that was that. Meanwhile my husband just thought I'd got held up in the shop lol!

Still Waters

Update: The couple have got their car back -

An elderly couple who forgot where they parked their car have been reunited with the vehicle five days later.

It was found on Tuesday in a car park about 900m from the hospital and had been ticketed three times by wardens.

Mr Elliott said it was "marvellous" to have the vehicle back.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-44222054

• Like 1