Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I lived Jack The Ripper's Murder street

strange-phenomenon

Hi everybody! 

So im sure you all know about Jack the Ripper or have heard about him at least once in your life. Last September I moved to London for grad school and I was offered a room at the student accommodation in the East End of London. After doing some research I found out that this building used to be a refuge for homeless women where Mary Kelly and possibly other Jack The Ripper victims lived. This building is also located pretty much on the street where Mary Kelly was killed and found. I thought it was so fascinating and I loved living in a history filled area. There were many ghost tours coming to see the building and the street, and whenever I told people about where I lived they got so excited or spooked out. 

Have any of you lived or stayed in an area/building/street/house where gruesome murders have taken place? How did you feel about it if you have? I personally didn't feel weirded out or spooked by it, I was more excited to learn more about the building's and street's history.

ps: I made a youtube video telling the story in more details with some pictures of what the building looked like back then and looks like nowadays, so definitely check it out if you are interested! Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOqRHMtt9HU&t=308s

• Like 3

How interesting!

I find the rare time I watch a ghost type of show it is for the history of the place more than anything else, so I appreciate what you express about liking the history there. So many people come and go and they all have stories I wish I could know :)

welcome to the forum!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

How interesting!

I find the rare time I watch a ghost type of show it is for the history of the place more than anything else, so I appreciate what you express about liking the history there. So many people come and go and they all have stories I wish I could know :)

welcome to the forum!

I feel the same! I sometimes wish I could know the stories of the people who lived / stayed in buildings I visit by touching the wall! And thank you! 

• Like 2