Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

30 YO Evicted From Parents House

susieice

Meh, I had my first house at 25 and was a single father.

They should of did what I did with my stepson. Bodily tossed him out the door and his property on top of him......

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Living with parents late in life is common with millennials compared to other generations. Part of the reason is cost of living, the other is entitlement. Where does entitlement come from?

Spoiler

Poor parenting.

• Like 5

I moved out in my early 20's. Had a job, shared an apartment with a friend. When I was about 27 my roommates parents, who were elderly, couldn't live on their own anymore so she had to move back home.  I moved back as well in order to re-group and find another place to live. While there I met hubby and we got engaged. My parents said stay here and save money, so I did until the wedding. I see nothing wrong with a stop back in a difficult time but the plan should never be permanent residence.

• Like 6

I don't think that this story is a hoax, but I don't get why the guy and/or his parents would draw that kind of publicity to themselves. I would keep that to myself in that situation. The guy appears on all kinds of talk shows. It's like he put a "kick-me" sign on his own back.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

I don't think that this story is a hoax, but I don't get why the guy and/or his parents would draw that kind of publicity to themselves. I would keep that to myself in that situation. The guy appears on all kinds of talk shows. It's like he put a "kick-me" sign on his own back.

I happened to see part of his interview on CNN, he's an idiot that can't put a sentence together.

Oh yeah, get a haircut dead beat.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

The son is the publicity hog. He gave an interview after court that's on the video. Playing with his hair. It's like stop yourself! He thinks he has a right to just sit in his parents' house doing nothing. The Judge gave him walking papers and he says he's appealing. 

• Like 4

Couldn't the parent have just called the cops?

On 5/22/2018 at 7:23 PM, Astra. said:

The poor parents must have been at their wits end with him to take such desperate action. I think it's more common than we realise in regards to adult kids that sponge off their parents by taking advantage, simply because they are selfish and too lazy to get a job and take some responsibility for their own lives. 

I agree... But also as being 32 I'm seeing that the majority of people my age seem to be having trouble because of the economy. A lot of them are working and still saying at their parents longer because it takes a pretty good job now days to live on. Entry level might make you half the income needed to live on, but let' face it rent is a lot. I am self employed and do ok but I saw a joke the other day about California rent having people in relationships that have been over for years and it actually is way too common. Our economy isn' survivable. I'm seeing more and more people head back to their parents at my age so they don' have to choose between having enough for rent or paying the bills and eating. I've considered it myself... the whole minimum wage raise was a joke it' still not liveable. The homeless population is expanding out of control here and notably in my town they have become a bit more brazen in their desperation.

But either way 30 is a bit old to never even have left. I also see too many parents just shutting the door at 18 and leaving kids Ill equipped and living a life of struggle to find their feet. Way too many of these people are also being victimized and collected by human traffickers it is really sad.

• Like 1

It's hard for younger adults to also realize things aren't much better on the other side of the spectrum. There isn't a lot at the end of the road. Many parents are struggling also, especially older ones. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, susieice said:

It's hard for younger adults to also realize things aren't much better on the other side of the spectrum. There isn't a lot at the end of the road. Many parents are struggling also, especially older ones. 

Those don't sound like adults they sound like big kids lol if only we had some sort of governing body to regulate, asses and influence these types of things...

I don' know sadly I see a whole lot of parents depending on their kids as well. Each case varies of course but what I was getting at isn' so much about the kids never getting independent but the fact that it' getting really hard to survive as a single person. I'm a single mother and childcare costs as much as the wages so I can' imagine how single mothers who aren't self employed afford to pay someone all their wages for the chance to work. It' nonsensical. What I was getting at is that parents kids and whoever have to group up to survive in most situations right now. This lazy freeloader in the story has his own reasons, I'm just trying to say i make a lot on my own and it' never enough. I couldn' even conceive survival as a possibility at this age if I still worked a regular job. 10 years ago I could do that and I was practically starving while working 7 days a week. But since then rent prices have doubled. Food has tripled. Much like everything else.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NicoletteS said:

Those don't sound like adults they sound like big kids lol if only we had some sort of governing body to regulate, asses and influence these types of things...

I don' know sadly I see a whole lot of parents depending on their kids as well. Each case varies of course but what I was getting at isn' so much about the kids never getting independent but the fact that it' getting really hard to survive as a single person. I'm a single mother and childcare costs as much as the wages so I can' imagine how single mothers who aren't self employed afford to pay someone all their wages for the chance to work. It' nonsensical. What I was getting at is that parents kids and whoever have to group up to survive in most situations right now. This lazy freeloader in the story has his own reasons, I'm just trying to say i make a lot on my own and it' never enough. I couldn' even conceive survival as a possibility at this age if I still worked a regular job. 10 years ago I could do that and I was practically starving while working 7 days a week. But since then rent prices have doubled. Food has tripled. Much like everything else.

Why are parents big kids? They raised their children.

• Like 2

I know few parents who want to live with their kids, myself included. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, susieice said:

I know few parents who want to live with their kids, myself included. 

I told my oldest that I'd only stay with her if there was a guest house in the backyard. I like my privacy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

I told my oldest that I'd only stay with her if there was a guest house in the backyard. I like my privacy.

I'd rather take care of myself. Parents have to face the facts that when you get older, you begin to face the health issues that affect older people. You worked your whole life and paid in Social Security, but you get precious little in the end. God willing you won't have to face having to go to a nursing home. You will need to liquidate all your assets to do that in many cases. My kids are doing well and they know what's important to me is that they take care of their families and my grandchildren. I like my privacy also and I would rather not depend on my kids. I wouldn't want to hear it anyway.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Find out what important stories are not being talked about. Usually when something trivial and harmless like this soaks up air time across multiple networks, you have to assume something worthwhile is being slept on. Maybe another Clinton email dump or someone involved in the FBI just fudged up. Either way, I'm sure there is a lot more going on than one single "failure to launch".

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Find out what important stories are not being talked about. Usually when something trivial and harmless like this soaks up air time across multiple networks, you have to assume something worthwhile is being slept on. Maybe another Clinton email dump or someone involved in the FBI just fudged up. Either way, I'm sure there is a lot more going on than one single "failure to launch".

Do you have any idea how many boomerangs are going on. Look it up. I would expect the younger ones to complain about this.

15 minutes ago, susieice said:

Do you have any idea how many boomerangs are going on. Look it up. I would expect the younger ones to complain about this.

"Boomerangs"? Like, millennials moving back home?

Just now, Dark_Grey said:

"Boomerangs"? Like, millennials moving back home?

Yes, and many with partners or families that come with them. Parents are facing their own issues. If your parents are able and willing to help, and many are, there should be respect and an attempt to use the time wisely to gain their independence again. But children need to understand they are not entitled. This economy isn't doing a lot of good at either end of the spectrum.

not every millennial  is like that,  i work with quite a few  kids under 30, they are nothing like this loser, or antifa snowflakes. they work, pay for their own apartments, often share with 1 or 2 room mates, hate freeloaders, and  do not blame guns for school shootings.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, aztek said:

not every millennial  is like that,  i work with quite a few  kids under 30, they are nothing like this loser, or antifa snowflakes. they work, pay for their own apartments, often share with 1 or 2 room mates, hate freeloaders, and  do not blame guns for school shootings.

I agree. Many will try for independence. I also know people over 30 that are still at home. They need to understand that their parents face their own problems when they are older. Not all parents are able to accommodate older children coming or staying home.

Edited by susieice

16 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

He is like the trashy side of the Markle bunch, they do it for the pay. These shows pay well for garbage reporting. If he is also a narcissist as it seems, he would never say no, either, to the attention.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Myles said:

Couldn't the parent have just called the cops?

It is a civil matter, Myles, and not much cops can do if nobody is beating anyone. Frustrating but cops handle criminal law, basically, not civil such as landlord/tenant disputes.

• Like 2

On 5/23/2018 at 11:14 AM, Dark_Grey said:

Living with parents late in life is common with millennials compared to other generations. Part of the reason is cost of living, the other is entitlement. Where does entitlement come from?

Hide contents

Poor parenting.

It's more common because of college.

I'm 24  I lived with my parents through my bachelor degree and my masters. College does not cost the same as it use to. The only way I could afford it without getting into ridicouous debt was by living at home.

I knew acouple people and a freind who has done that too.

Also I don't see any shame in multi generational homes. I think today's world is so isolated because in today'  world we normally have to move thousands of miles away from their family.

My older brother and his wife interesting enough decided to get a big house along with my mom and dad to live together 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2