Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

30 YO Evicted From Parents House

susieice

1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

It's more common because of college.

I'm 24  I lived with my parents through my bachelor degree and my masters. College does not cost the same as it use to. The only way I could afford it without getting into ridicouous debt was by living at home.

I knew acouple people and a freind who has done that too.

Also I don't see any same in multi generational homes. I think today's world is so isolated because in today'  world we normally have to move thousands of miles away from their family.

My older brother and his wife interesting enough decided to get a big house along with my mom and dad to live together 

College is a whole different story. You were learning and getting the degrees you needed to obtain a good life for yourself and any family of your own you may have. The vast majority of parents will help to do that without question. You help your children get a good start in life. My kids all live far from where I do. I don't expect them to take care of me. They work hard to support their own families and I am thankful for that. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I'm 24  I lived with my parents through my bachelor degree and my masters. College does not cost the same as it use to. The only way I could afford it without getting into ridicouous debt was by living at home.

Also I don't see any shame in multi generational homes. I think today's world is so isolated because in today'  world we normally have to move thousands of miles away from their family.

My older brother and his wife interesting enough decided to get a big house along with my mom and dad to live together 

That's the difference between doing something and doing nothing.

• Like 4

i have a strong feeling, his parents would have no issue him living there, and even might have helped him get custody, if he was a contributing member of the household,  i think the issue is not his  age. but his attitude.

• Like 4

Just now, spartan max2 said:

Also I don't see any shame in multi generational homes. I think today's world is so isolated because in today'  world we normally have to move thousands of miles away from their family.

that is what my father wanted, he came from russia where many generations lived in the same house, it was normal thing, he wanted me and my sister bring our spouses and live all together, and have kids there. too. the house was big enough.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

30 minutes ago, aztek said:

i have a strong feeling, his parents would have no issue him living there, and even might have helped him get custody, if he was a contributing member of the household,  i think the issue is not his  age. but his attitude.

I agree with both of these posts ^. Multi-generational homes have a lot going for them if everyone pulls their weight and contributes what they can.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, aztek said:

He was there for 8 years. I think that may have had something to do with this also.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Not A Rockstar said:

It is a civil matter, Myles, and not much cops can do if nobody is beating anyone. Frustrating but cops handle criminal law, basically, not civil such as landlord/tenant disputes.

I figured since he was a grown man and not the home owner, that it would be treated as a trespassing or breaking and entering thing.  

• Like 1

The parents could have the same legal issues that landlords face when a tenant doesn't pay.   A person has legal rights once they establish residence on your property for a certain period of time.  I'm not saying the son is morally right at all.  It's just that it legally wasn't simple for the parents.

I don't know if the parents could have sold their house, possibly at a loss, to get around this issue.

On a side note, many states have filial responsibility laws that make children responsible for their parent's debts:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filial_responsibility_laws

I'm not saying that is morally right either.  It's just the laws in certain areas.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Hey there's nothing wrong with staying home through College. In fact, I would call that smart. There is enough stress when dealing with exams to also have to worry about living costs

• Like 3

2 hours ago, susieice said:

Yes, and many with partners or families that come with them. Parents are facing their own issues. If your parents are able and willing to help, and many are, there should be respect and an attempt to use the time wisely to gain their independence again. But children need to understand they are not entitled. This economy isn't doing a lot of good at either end of the spectrum.

Totally agreed. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Myles said:

I figured since he was a grown man and not the home owner, that it would be treated as a trespassing or breaking and entering thing.  

no, all civil law :( /family law. 

• Like 2

I laughed so hard when I first read this on the news.

I mean seriously man, GROW UP!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, .ZZ. said:

I happened to see part of his interview on CNN, he's an idiot that can't put a sentence together.

Oh yeah, get a haircut dead beat.

I don't get people who feel the need to share their dirty laundry with the whole world. This guy is just the latest in a long line of people who evidently have an urge to shame themselves in public.

• Like 6

22 hours ago, susieice said:

The son is the publicity hog. He gave an interview after court that's on the video. Playing with his hair. It's like stop yourself! He thinks he has a right to just sit in his parents' house doing nothing. The Judge gave him walking papers and he says he's appealing. 

The whole thing looks like a publicity stunt. Even so, it wouldn't surprise me if he gets a bunch of love letters from crazy women.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

Find out what important stories are not being talked about. Usually when something trivial and harmless like this soaks up air time across multiple networks, you have to assume something worthwhile is being slept on. Maybe another Clinton email dump or someone involved in the FBI just fudged up. Either way, I'm sure there is a lot more going on than one single "failure to launch".

There's no doubt that they have a questionable set of priorities. They all latch onto a silly story like this for days or weeks at the expense of hard news that really matters. It wouldn't be quite as bad if varied news outlets covered varied minor stories, but almost all news outlets cover the same minor stories as if they share the same script. This kind of coverage makes sense with important news but not with fluff like this.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

He is like the trashy side of the Markle bunch, they do it for the pay. These shows pay well for garbage reporting. If he is also a narcissist as it seems, he would never say no, either, to the attention.

Some shows indeed were pranked. The sad thing is that past hoaxes seem like present realities. There are more absurd and bizarre events and people now. You hope that they're not serious, but they usually are.

• Like 2

One more jerk move by this guy.   The day he was moving out he called the cops on his parents over some legos.

A 30-year-old man who made headlines last week after he was ordered by a judge to vacate his parents’ New York home has officially left the residence, but not before calling the police on his father regarding some missing Legos.

Michael Rotondo waved to journalists as he loaded his creaky station wagon with his belongings. The millennial told reporters he called police Friday morning because he believed his 8-year-old son’s Legos were in the basement and his father would not let him look for them.

• Like 1