Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

People rarely say thank you when others help

Still Waters

I'm Canadian. If I don't say thank-you a certain number of times per day, the implant that I received at birth explodes, taking me with it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 3 months later...

good-manners-is-the-art-of-making-those-

On 5/25/2018 at 9:57 AM, PsiSeeker said:

If we expect who we're dealing with to say please and thank then, to my mind, there's some servile like attribution we place upon them.  Expectation of this behaviour seems like entitled pomposity to my mind.  The point that it isn't just about me, or about you, is exactly the point I'm trying to make.  If someone doesn't say please or thank you then the feeling that they're being necessarily rude seems like some sort of master and slave dynamic.

I do believe your overthinkining it. Rather dramatically I might add. 

• Like 1

On 5/23/2018 at 10:09 AM, OverSword said:

Okay, not specific at all.  And then  the study turns apologist for bad manners saying that people are not expected to say thank you because it is expected that you help others and the polite thing is to just go about your day.  Sounds like bull. 

Yes it sure does.

kindness is free... sprinkle that sh...t everywhere!

On 23/05/2018 at 10:39 PM, OverSword said:

Okay, not specific at all.  And then  the study turns apologist for bad manners saying that people are not expected to say thank you because it is expected that you help others and the polite thing is to just go about your day.  Sounds like bull. 

Sounds like a ton of Entitlement to me. And that's never nice.