Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why would aliens come to Earth to mine gold?

stereologist

22 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I don't care about your life. 

Glad to see I'm not the only one who's earned Nicolette's... uh, charm.

Yeah. Charm. That's it.

--Jaylemurph 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

What if we're wrong. What if it's not aliens. What if lovecraft was right?

ac9.jpg

If you don't know them already, look up Ediacaran Biota on Wikipedia.

Then get freaked out.

--Jaylemurph 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Essan said:

But if aliens desired rabbit droppings, Earth is the ONLY place in the universe they can get them (so far as we know) so this would make sense ...

I think you may have finally explained the conundrum!  :)    It explains everything!   Including why the Romans introduced rabbits to Britain and why there are still today the remains of vast man-made warrens on Dartmoor - which also has the highest concentration of stone circles and stone lines in the world!

So would that be extraturdarian then?

jmccr8

• Like 1

Aliens would come on earth for life studying, not for raw minerals..  Why ? The risk of contamination and sickness is quite high on planet with life and can be disastrous. Way better to evade it and collect raw material on asteroid.

On 5/23/2018 at 7:27 PM, NicoletteS said:

What if they wanted the work do be done for them and just be able to collect the finished product? You couldn't leave miners on an asteroid. I'm pretty sure thats where humans as the miners came into that whole myth of mining the earth for gold. 

Interesting question, that would make a better story.  What if gold is not the finished product they are looking for?  Whole lot of possibilities for a movie.  Maybe we are a mass expert system, self taught and expanding.  Some day they come back and ask us the meaning of  life. Maybe the gold mining subroutine is just a random number generator  that spurs us into accelerated action.

If I write this story and sell it, I'll cut you all in for royalties to the screen rights. Nicolette gets top billing but I guess chihuahuas got to fit in there too somehow.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

Interesting question, that would make a better story.  What if gold is not the finished product they are looking for?  Whole lot of possibilities for a movie.  Maybe we are a mass expert system, self taught and expanding.  Some day they come back and ask us the meaning of  life. Maybe the gold mining subroutine is just a random number generator  that spurs us into accelerated action.

If I write this story and sell it, I'll cut you all in for royalties to the screen rights. Nicolette gets top billing but I guess chihuahuas got to fit in there too somehow.

So life is actually a Douglas Adams book.

That makes a lot of sense.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 2

On 5/23/2018 at 6:20 PM, NicoletteS said:

Hence the reason I said it really doesn't... But it would require reading my post to understand what I said. Also mechanical machines require maintenance while organic machines are self replicating and programmed to survive at all costs. Your assuming by your question to my hypothetical response that humans aren' in fact machines sent here to mine. From what I've seen our gold digger programming is still functional after thousands of years could you devise a better machine?

It takes 12 months to manufacture a single human. Another 5 years give or take before they're fully functional and another 14 to 16 years or so before they reach maximum operating capacity. That is one incredibly inefficient Von Neumann machine.

Edited by Oniomancer
  • Like 3

On 5/24/2018 at 11:37 PM, stereologist said:

We are about to have widespread use of self driving cars. I would think that self driving mining equipment is also feasible. We already have remote control of drones. Why not remote control of mining equipment? Mining is one of the most dangerous jobs. Why have living creatures in such an environment regardless  of it being n a planet or in space?

• No humans or aliens in the mining area.
  • No life support systems needed in the equipment.
  • Dangerous ore processing steps are done in space away from all living beings.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-18/rio-tinto-opens-worlds-first-automated-mine/6863814

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automated_mining

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/603170/mining-24-hours-a-day-with-robots/

https://www.australianmining.com.au/features/mining-automation-the-be-all-and-end-all/

I work in mining.. and have seen it start to come in .. 

• Like 2

To create humans of course.

On ‎24‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 6:33 AM, NicoletteS said:

It really doesn't. But if it was the case and I had to venture a guess I would say for the atmosphere?

It would be a lot easier to trick a greedy species to mine the earth for you, but would you have the same results leaving them on an asteroid?

Trick? No by these ancient astronaut proponents they created us to mine gold.

Thinking about it yes,why take the gold uranium can be used as power and they didn't touch any of that because there was a magical mystery metal element that we have no knowledge of that had greater significance and depleted it before going after our gold.:rolleyes: :lol: If they would have took the uranium back then they wouldn't have had to come back to shoot down our nukes.:lol:

jmccr8

2 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Thinking about it yes,why take the gold uranium can be used as power and they didn't touch any of that because there was a magical mystery metal element that we have no knowledge of that had greater significance and depleted it before going after our gold.:rolleyes: :lol: If they would have took the uranium back then they wouldn't have had to come back to shoot down our nukes.:lol:

jmccr8

Are you kidding me. Those aliens have a sun that's locked in a perpetual state of decay, so they can harness the power of a black hole.

True story.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Are you kidding me. Those aliens have a sun that's locked in a perpetual state of decay, so they can harness the power of a black hole.

True story.

:lol: Yes the mind can be a black hole that no one knows is going on in there.:lol:

jmccr8

Edited by jmccr8
  • Haha 1

On 5/25/2018 at 8:57 PM, jaylemurph said:

So life is actually a Douglas Adams book.

That makes a lot of sense.

42 baby!

• Haha 2

On 30/5/2018 at 5:48 AM, Tatetopa said:

42 baby!

tumblr_okt7nrLrY81vx83m6o1_500.png

• Like 1

Maybe they were coming for the Acapulco gold ? 

• Like 1

Even though it seems pretty clear that it makes no sense to mine for gold on Earth it seems to pop up frequently in threads.