Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NFL players must stand for the anthem

F3SS

Just now, Agent0range said:

Trump is NOT a private citizen.  Like I have done four times in my life, Trump raised his right hand and vowed to support and defend the Constitution of the United States.  Saying that peacefully protesting Americans should not be in the country is a direct violation of that oath.  

lol, then file an oath of office violation complaint,

2 hours ago, .ZZ. said:

Nothing new here.

Liberals aren't patriotic and conservatives are.

Why is that? They have no problem suckling at the teat of America when it fits their needs.

It's an insulting immature flat-out falsehood that those who don't share your particular political viewpoint are 'unpatriotic'.

These protesters are trying to take a political stand to try and improve our nation.

You don't have to agree with them in the slightest, but it's ridiculous to slander them as 'unpatriotic' simply because you disagree with them.

2 hours ago, aztek said:

i do not protest, liberals do that, i vote and contribute to things i feel are right,

Oh please, there have been just as many right-wing protesters as their were left-wing protesters before. Practically the entire Tea Party movement was just one big protest.

You're simply against the left-wing protesters right to protest because they're left-wing. It's special pleading and tribalism. Nothing more.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

It's an insulting immature flat-out falsehood that those who don't share your particular political viewpoint are 'unpatriotic'.

These protesters are trying to take a political stand to try and improve our nation.

You don't have to agree with them in the slightest, but it's ridiculous to slander them as 'unpatriotic' simply because you disagree with them.

They can still do that by stAying in the locker room.

Just now, Aquila King said:

Oh please, there have been just as many right-wing protesters as their were left-wing protesters before. Practically the entire Tea Party movement was just one big protest.

You're simply against the left-wing protesters right to protest because they're left-wing. It's special pleading and tribalism. Nothing more.

and how does that negate what i said about me?? it does not. so what point did you have? none,

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Myles said:

They can still do that by stAying in the locker room.

I honestly don't care. It's simply baffling to me why you people do.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

and how does that negate what i said about me?? it does not. so what point did you have? none,

You were clearly painting this as a liberal vs. conservative thing. Not a personal stance.

1 minute ago, aztek said:

you people???? lmao.

You know damn well what I meant. The conservatives who oppose NFL players kneeling.

You were clearly painting this as a liberal vs. conservative thing. Not a personal stance.

no, it is clearly you vs me thing

6 minutes ago, aztek said:

no, it is clearly you vs me thing

You said liberals in general protest, whereas you specifically vote and contribute to that which you personally feel is right (as if liberals don't). You deliberately painted all liberals as protesters, and by excluding conservatives in your personal retort, it is naturally assumed that conservatives don't. You're painting a liberal vs. conservative picture here.

Of course I'm sure you never said such things even though it's clearly in writing. Just as Trump never said or did any of the hateful bigoted insulting crap he's done even though it's on tape either.

You may believe the lies you tell yourself, but I don't.

Edited by Aquila King
italics added
  • Like 1

You said liberals in general protest, whereas you specifically vote and contribute to that which you personally feel is right (as if liberals don't). You deliberately painted all liberals as protesters, and by excluding conservatives in your personal retort, it is naturally assumed that conservatives don't. You're painting a liberal vs. conservative picture here.

Of course I'm sure you never said such things even though it's clearly in writing. Just as Trump never said or did any of the hateful bigoted insulting crap he's done even though it's on tape either.

You may believe the lies you tell yourself, but I don't.

yea i said liberals protest, do they not??? they do. note i did not say only liberal protests,. but by amount of liberal protests, vs con. it sure may give many that impression,.

i said i do not protests, i vote and contribute, am i talking about conservatives or just me?? just me.

when i said i do not want this country to go anywhere close to where you want it to go, am i talking about conservatives and liberals, or you and me? you and me.

i have nothing to add here.

14 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

As to the bolded, should we sing anthems before every large gathering, like concerts, parades, festivals, fairs, etc.? Why just at sporting events?

A sporting event is a competition.

Anthems before sporting events remind or signal to the players and audience,  regardless which team competing you are there to support, that the event is simply entertainment and the outcome of the event be left on the field or ice.  

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, aztek said:

yea i said liberals protest, do they not??? they do. note i did not say only liberal protests,. but by amount of liberal protests, vs con. it sure may give many that impression,.

And so what if they do? See, this is the difference here between you and I. You view protests as inherently a bad thing (especially when done by left-wingers), whereas I see it as one of America's fundamental freedoms being practiced proudly and assertively, and are in many cases a tremendous force for good. 

Without peaceful protests, MLK's Civil Rights protests wouldn't have impacted the civil rights movement of the 60's nearly as much. Protests influenced politicians to the point of pressuring them immensely to enact the Civil Rights Act that insured their freedom. The same thing's true with the Gay rights movement that was carried out in large part due to civil protests.

Protests are the purest form of exercising one's first amendment rights, and help in many cases to influence politicians (and many others) to have your voices heard. It's the inherent backbone of a free and open democratic society.

So how many liberals protest in comparison to conservatives? I honestly don't know, nor do I care. It doesn't matter. While not all issues that people protest for are good (take Westboro for example), the right to protest is good. And I oppose anyone who seeks to abolish that right from anyone.

16 minutes ago, aztek said:

i said i do not protests, i vote and contribute, am i talking about conservatives or just me?? just me.

You were clearly pushing a false narrative that liberals are protesters whereas conservatives aren't. That conservatives vote and contribute, whereas liberals don't. I won't argue this with you any further.

18 minutes ago, aztek said:

when i said i do not want this country to go anywhere close to where you want it to go, am i talking about conservatives and liberals, or you and me? you and me.

My ideology is nothing special. It's shared by millions. So forgive me in failing to see the personal aspect of this.

19 minutes ago, aztek said:

i have nothing to add here.

Neither do I.

35 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Just as Trump never said or did any of the hateful bigoted insulting crap he's done even though it's on tape either.

The man truly isn't a polished speaker,but i don't believe he is a hateful racist...

In todays news President Trump post humously pardons former heavyweight champ Jack Johnson,a topic several of our past presidents had mentioned but never followed through with ;)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, odas said:

Everything in moderation, including the (any) anthem. If one uses something too often it loses on significants.

How about the anthem at the first game of season and at the last game? 

Nope. Internationals only. And we play the Anthem of both competing nation.

2 hours ago, Aquila King said:

I honestly don't care. It's simply baffling to me why you people do.

I started caring when Kaep wore pig police socks.  Also when he protested against the anthem during the Veterans Day celebration when there were vets from WW2 on up present.  That was a crappy D move.  

• Like 3

I guess most of us outside of the USA and North Korea find this all a bit bizarre.   In other countries, sports teams comprise of people from many nations who strive and work together (are only US citizens allowed to play NFL?)  And we don't have such insecurites that we have to sing our national anthem at every opportunity or get offended if someone chooses not to.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Essan said:

(are only US citizens allowed to play NFL?)  

Nah,been a rise of Aussie kickers in recent years...

• Like 2

Just now, CrimsonKing said:

Nah,been a rise of Aussie kickers in recent years...

So shouldnt Advance Australia Fair also be played?  :P;)   And all Americans forced to stand up to it? 

Just now, Essan said:

So shouldnt Advance Australia Fair also be played?  :P;)   And all Americans forced to stand up to it? 

:lol: i dunno lol

I've never been a huge NFL fan anyways...they can do whatever

Just now, Essan said:

when we play in Australia, yes

• Like 1

Seriously, I think the point is, no other countries play their national anthem before every sporting event.   And in the case of the UK we are very very thankful!

Only for international sporting events, when players represent their country.  

Anyway, I am off to the hills for a week tomorrow, what do I care? :D

Just now, Essan said:

Seriously, I think the point is, no other countries play their national anthem before every sporting event. 

so what?? we do play it, other countries can do whatever they want.

• Like 4